Why is Dak not playing?

Kwyn

Reaction score
because we are a stupid organization with a stupid owner, gm and a somewhat part of a stupid naive fanbase that think our QB is meant for greatness and should not play
Aaron Rodgers hasn’t played yet.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
They can knock off the rust in practice. College teams don't have preseason games, why play starters in a meaning-less game?
They cannot knock of the rust in practice because Dak knows he will never get hit so he actually relaxes while he practices because there is no pressure to avoid and he does not get hit or even touched. But, when the live bullets come flying in and he gets his butt slammed to the turf then he will start to panic and then all that practice goes to hell. He needs to see live action and not pampered so much. But, then again...here we are.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I think McCarthy would play Dak at least a quarter in each preseason game if he had it his way.
Chances of injury is relatively low, anyway.
Just tell him to slide when he feels threatened.
Dak needs to get his readings right and his mind right before the regular season starts in game condition. And get the training camp hang-over out of his head.
He should have every chance to NOT have a slow start. His critics will be all over him if he does.
I think if the Cowboys do not play in the NFC Championship Game at the end of this season Jerry Jones will replace him with a new head coach. There is a little upside to playing a few series in a preseason game, but the downside of an injury of any consequence is not worth the risk.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
They cannot knock of the rust in practice because Dak knows he will never get hit so he actually relaxes while he practices because there is no pressure to avoid and he does not get hit or even touched. But, when the live bullets come flying in and he gets his butt slammed to the turf then he will start to panic and then all that practice goes to hell. He needs to see live action and not pampered so much. But, then again...here we are.
Why do you remain a Cowboy fan??? ;)

817Gill

Reaction score
Have either of our last few seasons been derailed by a lack of preseason ball? We all know this won’t even be a topic in a month right?

Kumbaya

Reaction score
I agree that to see your starting QB get injured in a preseason game would suck bigtime….but I’m thrilled to have seen my guy- Daniel Jones- and all our starters playEd at least one series this weekend, some played longer, and most looked awesome.

Jones looked sharp going 8-9 with 1 TD (the one missed was dropped)
Waller caught 4
Hyatt caught a TD
Parris Campbell caught 3 passes
John Michael Schmitz, our rookie center, looked like a seasoned vet
Evan Neal even played very well (of course, he didn’t have Lawrence opposite him)

Fortunately, no one got hurt and these guys got to play and give Giant fans much hope that last year wasn’t a fluke and that our offense in particular will be much improved with plenty of new faces. But as we all know, we don’t usually beat your boys and the Eagles still look very formidable having drafted so many Georgia Bulldog stars to fill the voids they got this off-season.

Can’t wait for week one. I know you guys are just as ready. Let’s both hope for no more injuries until game time. Cheers.

GINeric

Reaction score
Guess there’s no drop off with Mahomes or Allen or tua or other legitimately skilled qb’s. Dak ain’t in that group by a mile but you get the point.
Of course Dak isn't in that group. We can argue the whole Tua is "a mile better than Dak" though. I aint buying that one.

But on this team, he's light years better than the other quarterbacks behind him on the roster.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The best answer for Dak not playing is Tyron Smith, Tyler Smith, Tyler Biadasz, Zack Martin, and Terence Steele aren't playing.

Other teams playing their starting QB's this preseason don't have guys like Josh Ball, Matt Farniok, and Brock Hoffman trying to keep them from getting pulverized.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
You see Mahomes, Allen and other legitimate qbs playing preseason yet radio is still chewing gum and clapping his hands.
He has a clause in his contract that says he doesn't have to play in any pre season games. It's referred to the "Dak Haterz aggravation clause," and it was put in there solely for the purpose of pissing off his haters! Micah, Tank, TP and most starters have a similar clause that kicks in once they become starters. But Dak's haters don't know or care about it. /sarcasm

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Each HC is different, some like to give their starters reps, where others like to keep them in bubble wrap to prevent injuries. You can make a case for each.

bigE79

Reaction score
Nothing to gain by him playing. The coaches and FO feel he can pick up where he left off last season .
You sure we want that? I'm pretty sure that where we left off was dak choking against the 9er ... again...id prefer not to pick up where we left off.

9of11

Reaction score
I'm concerned that we are going to see another crap show our first game like we did a couple of seasons ago when none of our starters played entire preseason only to come out and look like crap our opening game because they werent used to the game speed....I cant remember what season that was...timing was off with Dak, everyone seemed a step behind....lets hope it doesn't happened again since no starters have played at all...

shabazz

Reaction score
You sure we want that? I'm pretty sure that where we left off was dak choking against the 9er ... again...id prefer not to pick up where we left off.
“Sarcasm” used gently and lovingly

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I agree that to see your starting QB get injured in a preseason game would suck bigtime….but I’m thrilled to have seen my guy- Daniel Jones- and all our starters playEd at least one series this weekend, some played longer, and most looked awesome.

Jones looked sharp going 8-9 with 1 TD (the one missed was dropped)
Waller caught 4
Hyatt caught a TD
Parris Campbell caught 3 passes
John Michael Schmitz, our rookie center, looked like a seasoned vet
Evan Neal even played very well (of course, he didn’t have Lawrence opposite him)

Fortunately, no one got hurt and these guys got to play and give Giant fans much hope that last year wasn’t a fluke and that our offense in particular will be much improved with plenty of new faces. But as we all know, we don’t usually beat your boys and the Eagles still look very formidable having drafted so many Georgia Bulldog stars to fill the voids they got this off-season.

Can’t wait for week one. I know you guys are just as ready. Let’s both hope for no more injuries until game time. Cheers.
The draft is the same craps shoot for Philly as it is for every NFL team. Just because they have a bunch of picks from Georgia means zero. If they’re “formidable“ it’s not because of some youngsters from Georgia, which, to date, have done next nothing in the NFL.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last season the offense was terrible in game #1 and Dak got hurt.

Take from that what you will.
And the season before, he didn't play in preseason and the offense was great in game 1.

Kumbaya

Reaction score
The draft is the same craps shoot for Philly as it is for every NFL team. Just because they have a bunch of picks from Georgia means zero. If they’re “formidable“ it’s not because of some youngsters from Georgia, which, to date, have done next nothing in the NFL.
But don’t you think there is a reason as to why the Georgia Bulldogs are the best college team playing? They have the best players, right? And the friggin eagles are picking up many of their great players that made them great.