Why is Dak not playing?

Sandyf

Reaction score
Always the coaches decision in the preseason and Dak as well as Parsons, Lawrence, Smith, Smith, Lamb, etc. are not playing. Good or Bad, it is what the coaches want. In 3 weeks we will see if it was the right call.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
But you see...many called for us to tank the season when Dak went down in our first game. Many SAID...not thought or guessed....SWORN AVOWED....our season was plain LOST. Better get a good draft pick out of this LOST season!

Just like you are doing now. They were wrong.

So you are just plain wrong. There is ZERO reason...but your assumption...to assume we win nothing if Dak doesn't play.

You assume we couldn't beat tampa with rush. You...ASSUME....we couldn't beat 9ers with Rush.

See what I am saying.....assumptions. Meanwhile the proof was already in the pudding with Coop. 5-1. Anything else is just your biased cooper hating guesswork.

Dang close to hate if ya ask me (you didn't).
Never said Cooper couldn't keep us afloat for a stretch.....but the statement was in comparison to losing so.eone for the whole season.

Cooper Rush isn't gonna win a SB.

That's said...I don't think Dak will either...so maybe this is all a moot point

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
If I were a QB, I'd prefer to be out there even for just 1-2 possessions to shake the rust off and get a feel for lining up against a team that really wants to go after you. No matter how competitive practices are, it will never replace the feeling of playing an opposing defense in a real game. As we saw last year, you can't afford to treat week 1 as the "preseason game" and lose vs. a winnable opponent. That game could be the difference in playoff seeding at the end of the season

If old Tom Brady wasn't afraid to play a few snaps in the preseason every year then I wouldn't be scared to put any starting QB out there. You usually get 1-2 home preseason games - that would be where I'd let him play in one of the home games. The offense/OL will be more comfortable at home and less chance of a situation happening like Romo's injury at Seattle.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Sadly, based off rush’ performance last year, you’re dead wrong. But don’t let facts get in the way of your hat sticker mentality.
Well just like all the other QBs debated around here (dak, hurts, purdy)....his 5 games or so of performance last year isn't a guarantee he doesn't regress this year ...just like everyone says all those other team's QBs could "take a step back" this year.

Hopefully we won't even have to find out. I'm sure Dak will be injury free this year.

Bagman

Reaction score
Agree or disagree with the decision, but just look at our backup QBs and try to picture a whole season with those guys running the offense.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
it would be like Michael Jordan playing in the G league.
So Dak has multiple championships and is considered the best player in the league? Damn man, I took a nap but didn't realize I was in a coma.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Its also our fragile Oline. Have to play all starters on the Oline as not to get Dak killed. But the we probably lose a lineman. Makes little to no sense at all.
Then Dallas should have either passed over Mazi Smith and taken Steve Avila or passed over TE Schoonmaker and taken Torrence so as to provide more quality depth and youth on the OL.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The first unit needs to play.
Whether Dak, or whoever else, gets injured in preseason or during one of the live game makes little difference.
They need to knock off the rust.
So it makes little difference if your starting QB is lost for the season in a preseason game? You only hear this kinda stuff here folks.

Shane612

Reaction score
So it makes little difference if your starting QB is lost for the season in a preseason game? You only hear this kinda stuff here folks.
Whether you lose him in preseason or the first game of the season or the fifth game what difference does it make?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Hate is a strong word.

Not defending dak. Just acknowledging that our season is lost without him. Without dak, instead of losing in the WC or divisional game....we won't even make it there to lose it.
Given the new offensive approach is supposed to be quick reads/throws and allow the WR's/TE's/RB's make the YAC then I would think that Rush would fair better than he did last season in spite of guiding the team to a 4-1 record.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Whether you lose him in preseason or the first game of the season or the fifth game what difference does it make?
I don’t believe exposing your starting quarterback to injury in a game that doesn’t count is a wise move for McCarthy at this juncture of his head coaching career.

shabazz

Reaction score
I don’t believe exposing your starting quarterback to injury in a game that doesn’t count is a wise move for McCarthy at this juncture of his head coaching career.
And here we go assuming that McCarthy actually made this decision……Jerry would never have any say so in situations like this. :laugh:

Shane612

Reaction score
I think McCarthy would play Dak at least a quarter in each preseason game if he had it his way.
Chances of injury is relatively low, anyway.
Just tell him to slide when he feels threatened.
Dak needs to get his readings right and his mind right before the regular season starts in game condition. And get the training camp hang-over out of his head.
He should have every chance to NOT have a slow start. His critics will be all over him if he does.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
The first unit needs to play.
Whether Dak, or whoever else, gets injured in preseason or during one of the live game makes little difference.
They need to knock off the rust.
They can knock off the rust in practice. College teams don't have preseason games, why play starters in a meaning-less game?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
No worries, the Giants DL and LB's will knock the rust off Dak in week 1.