Why is Dak refusing to give the cowboys a discount? Mahomes did!

kskboys

Reaction score
your quote:

"To fill those gaps, we need every resource available, including salary cap room. Signing Dak to a 4 year top dollar deal assures us that we will not be able to build the team. ".

yes we need to fill the gaps. you didn't explain why we need the salary cap room to fill those gaps, the only conclusion is through FA, given there is not one player we need/want to extend on the defensive side of the ball. you tried to connect needing cap room to sign players (without naming which players and how) to Paying Dak would prevent that (without saying why)....its conjecture at best.

you didn't prove anything about paying dak would prevent the team from building a contender.....

and I never said over pay anyone that's not worthed. you will over pay in FA, offense or defense doesn't matter....

are you saying its ok to over pay for defensive FA? (whom?).
I don't have to prove it. It's been proven over and over and over. I mean, you'd have to have a sleep disorder not to notice. QB gets paid huge money. Team doesn't go to super bowl. I think Eli was an exception in 11, and that's about it.

kskboys

Reaction score
I get the premise that you think we need more money to sign free agents. Thing is free agency is not going to rescue this team. Furthermore look at all the top dollar QBs in the playoffs this year. They're in the playoffs because they signed good QBs. Why aren't their ships sinking even though they are paying bazillions to their QBs?

Sign Dak and pay him market value and deal with the cap issues like every team in the playoffs did. Never let a good young qb walk so you can sign players at other positions. That's Houston Texans' strategy.
They're not winning super bowls.

Be interesting to see if the Chiefs can put a team around Mahomes when those massive amounts start kicking in. I would guess that his contract would then be renegotiated.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't have to prove it. It's been proven over and over and over. I mean, you'd have to have a sleep disorder not to notice. QB gets paid huge money. Team doesn't go to super bowl. I think Eli was an exception in 11, and that's about it.
it has never ever been proven. in fact its been proven 10s of times that its the biggest fallacy dak haters cling to....

Mahomes got paid a 10 year 500M contract. he just played in the superbowl.....

and if you think QBs get paid and don't make the superbowl, then I guess your money is not going on Mahomes and KC for the next 10 years. perhaps KC should just cut mahomes? right?

Swagger

Reaction score
They're not winning super bowls.

Be interesting to see if the Chiefs can put a team around Mahomes when those massive amounts start kicking in. I would guess that his contract would then be renegotiated.
I think the Chiefs will always be in contention with Mahomes but I see them going down a similar road as the Packers and Saints have done over the past 10 years. Tyreek Hill's hamstrings will probably get tighter as time passes by and become more injury prone leaving Kelce as his main weapon. We saw the lack of depth along their offensive line gave Mahomes next to no chance of competing against a good defense. A team like the Chargers are now up and coming with Herbert having just won offensive rookie of the year on a rookie contract.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
why is Dak allowing his contract saga to continue this long ? This is a great town with great state tax savings , and prime time endorsements , which Dak has already cashed in on . After all , Jerry selected Dak in the 4th round while others passed on him . Jerry surrounded him with the most expensive OL RB WR combos to succeed .The cowboys need all the savings to fix the Defense . They spent the least money on defense among all NFL teams in 2020 61.4 Mil , except for the jets .Yet ,Dak is not relenting one inch for the sake of this team like Mahomes or Brady and others did to help their teams .look at the fabulous discount Mahomes gave the chiefs . A dream contract by all means for a super bowl winner . The chiefs were able to spend big on defense last year , spending 97 mil to stack up their defense ( 6th highest investment in defense among all teams ) . Mahomes cap hit was actually 5.3 mil in 2020 . If he continues to play this good , his cap hit will be 24.8 mil in 2021 , and 31.5 in 2022 . This is how you win Super Bowls !!!In contrast, Dak’s cap hit last year was 31.4 Mil and now wants 40 mil a year.?? On top of the mistake expensive zeke and other contracts ?
This is how you remain irrelevant and 25 years away from a super bowl appearance !

This is true. That you're blaming it on Dak is classic displacement.

You know the real culprits are untouchable, so you select an easier target.

basel90

Reaction score
This is true. That you're blaming it on Dak is classic displacement.

You know the real culprits are untouchable, so you select an easier target.
Front office decisions are the main reason for the 25 years of futility . But Dak is not as good as you think . You will get a chance to see that if Dak is retained . Most of the media and delusional fans love him , but he will continue to hide behind the usual excuses ; GM , Coaches , Defense etc. , but he has remained largely untouched despite the losses , fumbles , lack of results in important games . He is a lucky guy .