Why is everyone so down on Jason Garrett?

kevm3

Reaction score
Or we could just skip the wasting of our players' careers and do what Seattle and the 49ers have done and get a coach that is already ready to get it done.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Or we could just skip the wasting of our players' careers and do what Seattle and the 49ers have done and get a coach that is already ready to get it done.

you mean like the 49ers did and drafted and sucked for 7 years until they had a solid team?
or the Seahawks who had four losing seasons, collecting drafts putting a team together?
Not like either of them have won a SB since Dallas has.

Dallas will either have to have some losing seasons first or just give up and attempt a rebuild that could waste the prime years of those like Dez and Tyron.

Its not that easy to do when there are 31 other teams shooting for the same goal.

kevm3

Reaction score
you mean like the 49ers did and drafted and sucked for 7 years until they had a solid team?
or the Seahawks who had four losing seasons, collecting drafts putting a team together?
Not like either of them have won a SB since Dallas has.

Dallas will either have to have some losing seasons first or just give up and attempt a rebuild that could waste the prime years of those like Dez and Tyron.

Its not that easy to do when there are 31 other teams shooting for the same goal.

The 49ers should have kept Singletary around for 3 or 4 more years instead of hiring Harbaugh because they didn't have enough talent and Singletary still needs to learn the game, right? Chiefs shouldn't have hired Andy Reid? Seahawks shouldn't have hired Carroll? It's amazing how these losing and 'talentless' teams all of a sudden start going to the play-offs as soon as they get a head coach that knows what he's doing. I mean the Eagles even got into the play-offs with a new head coach... but we're supposed to sit around and wait for Garrett to one day learn the game.

Coy

Reaction score
It's this attitude if entitlement that leads to scorn.

Bill cowher was trained on the job.

Really?? Well he did a heck of a job for a trainee.
4 playoff apparances (1 SB) and a 43-21 record in his first 4 years as the HC, by the way he had coached for Marty Schottenheimer for 7 years, that's when you are supposed to learn and then get your shot as a HC, but not here, not for Garrett, SMH, the results speak for themselves.

Last edited:

TTexasTT

Reaction score
The 49ers should have kept Singletary around for 3 or 4 more years instead of hiring Harbaugh because they didn't have enough talent and Singletary still needs to learn the game, right? Chiefs shouldn't have hired Andy Reid? Seahawks shouldn't have hired Carroll? It's amazing how these losing and 'talentless' teams all of a sudden start going to the play-offs as soon as they get a head coach that knows what he's doing. I mean the Eagles even got into the play-offs with a new head coach... but we're supposed to sit around and wait for Garrett to one day learn the game.

Wait... Did you just try to say that the Eagles got a great new coach in Chip Kelly so NOW they are good... In the same statement that the Cheifs are NOW good because that got a great new coach?
HAHA
All credibility lost.

kevm3

Reaction score
Wait... Did you just try to say that the Eagles got a great new coach in Chip Kelly so NOW they are good... In the same statement that the Cheifs are NOW good because that got a great new coach?
HAHA
All credibility lost.

All credibility lost? I never said Chip Kelly was a 'great' head coach, but hmm, isn't it funny how a first year head coach takes a 4-12 team to the playoffs while we're cruising into our 3rd year of 8 and 8 and missing the playoffs AGAIN? Oh yeah, this first year coach beat us in a divisional game to get in the play-offs in the first place. Let's keep doing more of the same... Let's ignore the 4-19 record against teams with a .500 record.

Nav22

Reaction score
This is not Cleveland it is Dallas. Did Belicheck take over a team coming off an 11-5 with a playoff win team? I agree Jerry wants to be right and unfortunately he is pissing away the prime of core players in the meantime. This is not the 80s or 90s a real coach turns a team around in 1,2 or 3 years we declined from the year before he took over and have been on the mediocre train since.

So we went 11-5 in '09 with Wade and won a playoff game.

Then Wade starts the year 1-7 in 2010 and is fired. Garrett takes over and goes 5-3 in his 8 games.

We finish 6-10, obviously worse than the 11-5 of 2009...and you're blaming GARRETT for that decline? HAH! Classic.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
When was the last time we played a team and you said, oh we really outcoached this team that was as good as us or better...

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Here me out before you guys go ape doo doo. The coach that we all wished we had started off his first stint of being a head coach in Cleveland at 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, and 5-11 (36-44) before he churned out the juggernaut called the Patriots. Jason Garret is at .518 (29-27) . Could we theoretically say that most of you would be calling for Belichick's head if he were our coach back then? Prior to knowing that he would end up being one of the greatest H.C.'s of all time? In my opinion I think this is what Jerry is hoping for. He wants that "I told you so moment." Now, we can all agree that Garrett is an intellectual, but at the same time most of you are wondering when will he stop studying the "Coaching For Dummies" book?

Remember the second half of the Green Bay game? There is no excuse for abandoning the run.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
There is some merit in keeping Garrett as a long term investment, I just don't know if that argument is as good as getting a coach who is already better than him...

I still think this team can turn the corner if it starts making aggressive moves, so we'll see what happens in february and march.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

Entitlement? Nope. Jerry has the biggest brand sports team on the planet. We should have the very best coaches. Only speaking for myself but Jason is far from the best. It's not hard to figure out there are much coaches out there.

Reactions: Coy

links18

Reaction score
personal? in what way?

Implying I am so stupid not to know Jones was here in the mid-90s. BTW, your logic is faulty. Just because Jones was here when were winning, does not mean he isn't the reason we can't get past the hump now.

visionary

Reaction score
Really?? Well he did a heck of a job for a trainee.
4 playoff apparances (1 SB) and a 43-21 record in his first 4 years as the HC, by the way he had coached for Marty Schottenheimer for 7 years, that's when you are supposed to learn and then get your shot as a HC, but not here, not for Garrett, SMH, the results speak for themselves.

waiting for Toruk_Makto to address this ...........

how does trainee Garrett compare to the standard set by a trainee HC?

visionary

Reaction score

Bill "trainee" cowher (by your words) coaching career as HC in first 4 years

year W L Playoffs made

1992 11 5 yes
1993 9 7 yes
1994 12 4 yes
1995 11 5 yes (lost in SB)

4 playoff appearances in forst 4 years as "trainee" HC according to you

why cant our trainee HC get over the hump even once?

next excuse?