Why is everyone so quiet about Roy having 2 picks already?

JFlgn

Reaction score
I think Roy's 2 ints are direct effects of Pat Watkins and improved play at the free safety, not to mention the better pressure from the d-line/lbs in tonight's game.

Kid is definitely a player and hopefully this season Roy shuts everyone up.

superpunk

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I really think he's going to have the best year of his career. Finally has a decent safety since Woody. Most pressure by the front seven since Roy has been here. Newman is a shutdown corner. Henry and Glenn make the best nickel package in Roy's career in Big D. Everything is in place. Hope he gets the same manlove Troy Polamalu does from the press.

Grow that hair, Roy!

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
JFlgn said:
I think Roy's 2 ints are direct effects of Pat Watkins and improved play at the free safety, not to mention the better pressure from the d-line/lbs in tonight's game.

Kid is definitely a player and hopefully this season Roy shuts everyone up.

Agreed that Watkins' presence has had a positive impact.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Interceptions or not, Roy has been covering very well since the start of preseason.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Roy was everywhere tonight, just as he usually is..

I loved when he jumped over a would be blocker and grabbed Moss by the neck.. great athletic play..

superpunk

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
Roy was everywhere tonight, just as he usually is..

I loved when he jumped over a would be blocker and grabbed Moss by the neck.. great athletic play..

That might have saved a TD, I thought at the time.

ddh33

Reaction score
Roy is another guy that I hope finally starts to get some more credit. People always spew out the same old unbased thoughts of how Roy can't cover.

The truth is, Roy Williams is one of the best safeties in football, and he's a true playmaker. The guy does a ton of great things for this team, but they usually end up being forgotten - maybe it's because of what Dale said...

Regardless, I do think Roy has been great these first two games. (That tackle early in the game was text-book.) I have a hunch that Watkins has been a help too.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Agreed, ddh33. His third-down stop and INT were two huge plays.

I say the third-down stop, despite being early, because it helped reinforce our defensive tone early. I think the Cowboys post game show said we held Washington to three and outs on 7 of their first 11 possessions. Wow.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I can't believe how many fans were ready to sell this fella out last year because of his perceived lack of coverage skills. Newsflash, Roy is leading the team in picks, one a game, hell, he's the ONLY guy with interceptions.

Nice play tonight. Totally read the QB and jumped in for the pick. Maybe his critics will lay off him now that he's picking up those glorious interception numbers.

only the fiar weather/band wagon fans say he sucks in coverage, some say hes decent i say hes alot better then what others say especally the damn media after a game a year ago

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
LowTech said:
I bought me a brand new Roy Williams jersey before the season started. Roy is a player. PERIOD.

i already have 2 (white 1 and silver 1) wanting to add a blue and throwback and gett one autographed and framed :)

roy roy = a []D [] []v[] []D

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Dale said:
Roy's been making potential game-changers for years.

Heck, even last week against Jacksonville....Up, what, 10-3, he intercepts a driving Jacksonville team....only to have Bledsoe throw a pick the other way.

That's his problem. Most of the time he delivers a big play, the offense hands it right back. Or, at least, that's what it has 'seemed' like to me.

Well, when he made that Int tonight, the offense answered big time. A good thing.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Everything is week to week up and down relative in football. Roy Williams was never as horrid in coverage as many fans perceived but at times he did fairly earn that criticism. I think it is fair to state that he has had streaks of inconsistency, but is off to a very good start this year.

Although he is still a ferocious hitter I think he is concentrating on being more of an all around player this year.

Hiero

Reaction score
Roy had a huge pick today too, it wasn't just any pick, it was one in their red zone. Him having Pat Watkins there all year too, is gonna be a huge help our safety duo is gonna be sweet for awhile