Why is the Dallas media soft?

TakedisDAK

Reaction score
I seriously do not get why people say the local media or media, in general, don't "put the heat" on the HC or Jerry Jones. I constantly see it from the local media people nearly every day and i don't even live in the DFW area.
I would say heat as in
When Garrett says things like "we just gotta get better, we just gotta run better block better tackle better" or "we just gotta execute" there's never any follow up question such as "coach,you mention execution and playing better, what can you as coaches do to make that not be a consistent issue??"
These guys just let them off the hook consistently

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Seriously, they have no balls. None of them put any pressure on this pos owner or hc of ours. NY media and Philly media, would tear them down.
The local media has been bashing Jerry for 30 years.

It’s Jerry who doesn’t care.

Mannix

Reaction score
It is a joke....they use the easy alibi of "Jerry isn't going to change or fire himself, so why keep asking this or that"....very weak. If they really put pressure and maybe started running poles and releasing the results on TV and radio, it might be a start.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s the fans who have failed by continuing to support the Cowboys financially allowing Jerry to continue his ways.

To many fans credit they have walked away in which Jerry has addressed the apathetic mentality .And Jerry has brilliantly circumvented the need for all of the fans support with many of the contributions he’s made to the league including stadium rights, psl’s , new blackout rules, etc.

As a matter of fact many of these overly homerish fans have bashed some of the leading local newspapers beat writers , radio and tv stations personalities who have continually called Jerry out.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I live in the Dallas area and there are plenty of media people here that rip Jerry. Especially the guys at 1310 the Ticket, the best sports talk station in the area. Jerry is skewered on a daily basis. Don’t expect the kiss ups at Dallas Cowboys.com or the “flagship station” 105.3 to say anything outside of the kool aide instructions from the Jones cartel.

But there are plenty of guys who don’t drink the cartel smoothies. Read some David Moore of DMN, Follow Jean Jacques Taylor on Twitter- he has a show on 103.3 in Dallas that tells the truth. Calvin Watkins and Bob Sturm both write for “The Athletic” and are truth tellers as well.

Don’t read the garbage from Brian Broaddus or Mickey “Jones” Spagnola. Complete suck ups.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s only one way to get Jerry’s attention. At the turnstiles and cash registers. Stop watching, buying merchandise and attending games.

Jerry only wants to win his way. It’s up to fans to show him who’s boss. But most are too weak.They love the Cowboys , their players and what it represents while hating how Jerry runs it.

It’s a vicious cycle. And it’s a game. Everyone’s too busy to take any action. They just want to watch the game on Sunday for 3 hours a week. And they’ll complain all the way to the bank.

Most of those attending the games are corporate , sightseers and opposing fans. It’s an event . It hasn’t been just about Cowboys Football in a very long time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I live in the Dallas area and there are plenty of media people here that rip Jerry. Especially the guys at 1310 the Ticket, the best sports talk station in the area. Jerry is skewered on a daily basis. Don’t expect the kiss ups at Dallas Cowboys.com or the “flagship station” 105.3 to say anything outside of the kool aide instructions from the Jones cartel.

But there are plenty of guys who don’t drink the cartel smoothies. Read some David Moore of DMN, Follow Jean Jacques Taylor on Twitter- he has a show on 103.3 in Dallas that tells the truth. Calvin Watkins and Bob Sturm both write for “The Athletic” and are truth tellers as well.

Don’t read the garbage from Brian Broaddus or Mickey “Jones” Spagnola. Complete suck ups.
Yep .,.don’t forget about the leading local tv sports anchor the last 30 years Dale Hansen who continues to be Jerry’s biggest critic and longtime radio personality Randy Galloway retired from Ft Worth Star Telegram.

Basically every local sports personality worth their weight not on Jerry’s payroll has been critical.

And that also includes former players with radio shows like Charlie Waters and Drew Pearson who’s harsh words kept him out of Ring until Roger pleaded his case.

Roger, Troy, almost everyone has been critical at some point. But the fans continue watching, buying and showing up.

Not for you Bob but others.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s only one way to get Jerry’s attention. At the turnstiles and cash registers. Stop watching, buying merchandise and attending games.

Jerry only wants to win his way. It’s up to fans to show him who’s boss. But most are too weak.They love the Cowboys , their players and what it represents while hating how Jerry runs it.

It’s a vicious cycle. And it’s a game. Everyone’s too busy to take any action. They just want to watch the game on Sunday for 3 hours a week. And they’ll complain all the way to the bank.

Most of those attending the games are corporate , sightseers and opposing fans. It’s an event . It hasn’t been just about Cowboys Football in a very long time.
I was at the Tampa Bay game earlier this year. My take on the crowd was this: I saw a lot of young people who didn’t seem like they know much about football getting blitzed on $9 beers and literally spending wads of cash at every opportunity.

CapnB

Reaction score

I wouldnt talk junk about my boss either would you? Mickey I'll give ya. He sounds like a company man if there ever was one. Broaddus not so much. I've heard him question the moves the team makes, and then call them out on it. He's said often that they let him speak his mind and he does.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldnt talk junk about my boss either would you? Mickey I'll give ya. He sounds like a company man if there ever was one. Broaddus not so much. I've heard him question the moves the team makes, and then call them out on it. He's said often that they let him speak his mind and he does.
Broaddus is still blinded by his organizational past connections. He’s a very likable guy. But I don’t think he’s all that insightful. Bob Sturm of the Ticket is the best and most informed Cowboys critic. He tells it like it is. Fair and brutally honest.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Seriously, they have no balls. None of them put any pressure on this pos owner or hc of ours. NY media and Philly media, would tear them down.

I see you expect the local media to write stories day after day that rip on the Cowboys and/or their ownership and/or coaches. So because the local media chooses to support the local team and not spend every day ripping on them like fair weathered fans, there's a problem. There was one time a sportswriter for the Fort Worth Star Telegram who started writing a lot of negative articles about the Cowboys until the Cowboys decided to use their prerogative and take back that writer's press pass at which time the paper told this writer since he no longer had access to the Cowboys he no longer had a job. This writer then went to CA and first got a job on the radio and then later on ESPN and didn't have his contract renewed because of negative things he said about management and now is on FS1. That sportswriter was Skip Bayless.

CapnB

Reaction score
I see you expect the local media to write stories day after day that rip on the Cowboys and/or their ownership and/or coaches. So because the local media chooses to support the local team and not spend every day ripping on them like fair weathered fans, there's a problem. There was one time a sportswriter for the Fort Worth Star Telegram who started writing a lot of negative articles about the Cowboys until the Cowboys decided to use their prerogative and take back that writer's press pass at which time the paper told this writer since he no longer had access to the Cowboys he no longer had a job. This writer then went to CA and first got a job on the radio and then later on ESPN and did have his contract renewed because of negative things he said about management and now is on FS1. That sportswriter was Skip Bayless.

Yeah, and he's still a joke. A rich joke, but not respected at all by his peers from everything Ive read.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Broaddus is still blinded by his organizational past connections. He’s a very likable guy. But I don’t think he’s all that insightful. Bob Sturm of the Ticket is the best and most informed Cowboys critic. He tells it like it is. Fair and brutally honest.
I wouldn’t trust anyone in Jerry’s pocket.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Yall trippin. If Jerry were in NY or Philly, he'd feed him the same BS that he feeds the local media here. Hell he may even start cursing. Yall think Jerry is a man that could be pushed...by a sports journalist? Yall underestimate Jerry. He's still a billionaire.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If i was a young whippersnapper trying to climb the corporate media totem pole in Dallas, skewering Jerry would be a bad move. Jerry owns Dallas and he has a lot friends. Thats also why the national media gives him a pass.

I'm actually shocked Jerry hasn't tried to shut this board down like he did the one on dallascowboys.com

Even if it’s true that Jerry has something to do with that site shutting down, that site was affiliated with the Cowboys website. This one isn’t, and of course there are other Cowboy oriented sites complaining as well. Jerry has no control of that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wasn’t it a Dallas radio show asking Garrett about whether Linehan would be let go?