Why is the Dallas media soft?

Mannix

Reaction score
Bobhaze - I don't hear anyone at the ticket coming out that hard fro his firing other than George and Danny around week 8....now they all seem to think he deserves at least next year. At least they seem resigned to that. There post games are crap without Norm and Donnie....they fall into the habit of listening to their own heads rattle and never get to the pissed off callers.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If i was a young whippersnapper trying to climb the corporate media totem pole in Dallas, skewering Jerry would be a bad move. Jerry owns Dallas and he has a lot friends. Thats also why the national media gives him a pass.

I'm actually shocked Jerry hasn't tried to shut this board down like he did the one on dallascowboys.com

I was told by one of the mods on the Cowboys site that the reason they stopped the commenting there was because the admin and mods were tired of coming up with ways to keep the auto bot sales comments from showing and/or getting rid of them. It had nothing to do with any negative comments that were put up.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Seriously, they have no balls. None of them put any pressure on this pos owner or hc of ours. NY media and Philly media, would tear them down.
It was very tough in the 90's. Perhaps too much so. People thing forum users are negative, well that's nothing compared to the 90's media.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's OK I don't trust the opinion of an known hater of Jones.
And you’re the type of fan who’s continued supporting Jerry and why the Cowboys are still not being held accountable.

How can you not hate how Jerry runs the Cowboys?

This is a great example for those who wonder how this has continued for Jerry.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Seriously, they have no balls. None of them put any pressure on this pos owner or hc of ours. NY media and Philly media, would tear them down.

Tough questions were asked in a diplomatic way. If some mediot disrespected my Billioanaire self, they would sleep with the fishes...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
And you’re the type of fan who’s continued supporting Jerry and why the Cowboys are still not being held accountable.

How can you not hate how Jerry runs the Cowboys?

This is a great example for those who wonder how this has continued for Jerry.

It's not that hard to not hate Jones. I look at all of the young talent this team has and how far they progress during the course of the season and understand that NO GM, player or coach has never not made mistakes at times and let cherry picked mistakes color all of the good and progress that's been made. If you hate Jones, that's your thing and you're the one that's going to have to live with him being around for a long time no matter how many and for ever how long you keep writing negative comments. There are very very few people in or out of the NFL that have the business smarts that Jones has. The value of the Cowboys has risen EVERY year Jones has owned them.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Like they are with the Jets owner, who has been there for 19 years?
Thats why the Jets are relatively irrelevant here in NY.
LOL Jethro thought he felt some heat after that 3-5 start...
He would be annihilated here - even the Jets have made the AFCCG twice in the last 10 years.

And BTW no-one ever said he would be force to sell the team.

jwitten82

Reaction score
It's not that hard to not hate Jones. I look at all of the young talent this team has and how far they progress during the course of the season and understand that NO GM, player or coach has never not made mistakes at times and let cherry picked mistakes color all of the good and progress that's been made. If you hate Jones, that's your thing and you're the one that's going to have to live with him being around for a long time no matter how many and for ever how long you keep writing negative comments. There are very very few people in or out of the NFL that have the business smarts that Jones has. The value of the Cowboys has risen EVERY year Jones has owned them.
Lol ok u must be related to Jerry. Hopefully we wont have to deal with him much longer..and why the hell would fans care about the value of the franchise. We dont get any of the money

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who gives a crap about the value of the Cowboys?
Wow just wow. But another great example. Thanks

DFWJC

Reaction score
Thats why the Jets are relatively irrelevant here in NY.
LOL Jethro thought he felt some heat after that 3-5 start...
He would be annihilated here - even the Jets have made the AFCCG twice in the last 10 years.

And BTW no-one ever said he would be force to sell the team.
Have to assume the natives are getting restless with the Giants too then.
They've been the worst team in East over the last 7 years and have lost 17 more games than Dallas
I get that 2007 and 2011 magic covers a lot of sins, but they have really sucked for awhile now.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ve stated many of times, the beat reporters get cubes and probably free popcorn and soda at the Star. They aren’t complaining. JG might host Blue Bell day for all we know.........

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Doesn’t anyone else here read the Dallas Morning News, the Ft Worth Star Telegram, watch WFAA sports or listen to KRLD radio?

I suspect the misunderstanding here is those saying Jerry isn’t being called out aren’t local fans entrenched in the local media not owned or affiliated with the Cowboys.

I wonder how many fans on this site live or have lived within 75 miles of Dallas the last 30 years?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let me be the first to say I’m happy our media isn’t anything like the crap in Philly or New York. Yuck.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Local media bashes the hell out if the Cowboys...especially when they really stink like 2015. But there are several long time reporters that are relentless.

Plenty of homers too. But the media coverage is just so huge anyway.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Local media bashes the hell out if the Cowboys...especially when they really stink like 2015. But there are several long time reporters that are relentless.

Plenty of homers too. But the media coverage is just so huge anyway.
Hey, Dallas is America's Team :yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Doesn’t anyone else here read the Dallas Morning News, the Ft Worth Star Telegram, watch WFAA sports or listen to KRLD radio?

I suspect the misunderstanding here is those saying Jerry isn’t being called out aren’t local fans entrenched in the local media not owned or affiliated with the Cowboys.

I wonder how many fans on this site live or have lived within 75 miles of Dallas the last 30 years?
Yeah I’m so confused by those in this thread.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Lol ok u must be related to Jerry. Hopefully we wont have to deal with him much longer..and why the hell would fans care about the value of the franchise. We dont get any of the money

Hope all you want, but Jones will be around for many years to come. Personally I don't care how much the Cowboys are worth. I mentioned the Cowboys worth as an example of the obvious business smarts Jones has by being able to increase the Cowboys worth every year. I know haters have a hard time following simple things that do not follow their hatred, but that correlation was just to simple not to follow.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
Per league rules, Jerry can’t deny accredited media basic access to the team.

Having said that, there’s a LOT of perks (preferred parking, free food, free beverages, club-level access, etc,) that come with being one of the Dallas media “good guys.”

Doesn't mean they will answer any of your questions or call on you during a press conference.

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Bobhaze - I don't hear anyone at the ticket coming out that hard fro his firing other than George and Danny around week 8....now they all seem to think he deserves at least next year. At least they seem resigned to that. There post games are crap without Norm and Donnie....they fall into the habit of listening to their own heads rattle and never get to the pissed off callers.

What ??? Bob Sturm has been calling for Jason's firing for years.

I think Donnie and Jake are great ! I can't listen to the pre game broadcast though. Sean and David are just boring.