Why is the defense much better the past 2 games?

quickccc

Reaction score
Absolutely! Did not expect that after he’s been gone for two seasons

just imagine the rush with Gregory and Gallimore emerging ... if Aldon smith himself were at the top of his game, - which unfortunately he's been invisible and a non factor since the Seattle game.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It wasn't PI it was illegal contact. And if you watch it again the dude ran right at him and Jaylon just instinctively put his hands up and pushed him .. He could keep his hands up, stand there and let the receiver run over him but even that doesn't guarantee the refs don't flag him.

AAAAAND the receiver flopped like an NBA player faking a charge.

Verdict

Reaction score
Tank was always a beast. What you're seeing is that he now has some talent around him so the other team can't negate him.

No one is great alone in football.
I think Tank got complacent and probably hated seeing people on this website questioning his effort etc. Looks like he MIGHT be coming back around. It’s too small of a sample size to know for sure.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
True. I think the steelers had the league's sixteenth ranked rushing offense prior to yesterday's game. Hopefully , the defense improves but it is too soon to tell

The defense was getting destroyed by horrible offenses earlier in the year so even being competitive vs poor offenses is a step up.

aria

Reaction score
True. I think the steelers had the league's sixteenth ranked rushing offense prior to yesterday's game. Hopefully , the defense improves but it is too soon to tell
Can’t remember if it was this thread or another so I may be repeating myself but after the game I look up the Steelers. They have the 8th worst defense in the league. Philthy has the 7th worst, Giants 2nd worst and Washington 3rd worst.

That explains a lot.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Live is back and getting comfortable, diggs is getting better. S lee is back. And the d t s are playing better against the run.QUOTE="xwalker, post: 10595743, member: 5194"]The defense has been much better the past 2 games.

It coincides with these 3 playing a high percentage of the snaps.

CB Brown

DE Gregory

LB Vander Esch

Also: Woods, Hamilton & Ankou replacing Poe's snaps on run downs. (just 1 game for Ankou)[/QUOTE]

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Almost throws as good of a punch as LVE does.
they were both stupid. That to me comes back to poor coaching and or no fear of the HC.
Gregory was laughing about it on the bench afterwards, so what does that say to u??

blueblood70

Reaction score
It wasn't PI it was illegal contact. And if you watch it again the dude ran right at him and Jaylon just instinctively put his hands up and pushed him .. He could keep his hands up, stand there and let the receiver run over him but even that doesn't guarantee the refs don't flag him.
amnd yet coops mugging in the endzone was ignored..typical of the nights they did no wrong and we were wrong all night..

people here love to pile on smith but the game wasn't perfect

Steeles 5 yard penalty was bad = nice pass play called back, then i believe next play big pass to lamb catch and fumble TO

LVE 15 yard PF should have been warning both players at fault but no

INT in the endzone by GG

Gregory or someone swatted the ball out of a wr hand also tick tack PF

the fg before th half with a false start off ,missed fg welp that nice get rewarded

who was it with the block in the back that moved the ball of the KR to what the 10 to the 30?

not just JS made mistakes..

oh and the missed call i saw a OL of PB literally take down our DE by the head all the ay to the ground, NO Call.. blatant stuff..

Kaiser

Reaction score
LVE 15 yard PF should have been warning both players at fault but no

Winning teams get those calls and losing teams don't, but the LVE call was a joke. The guy grabbed his helmet and he swatted it off and then walked away. The snapshot reaction is usually that the second move gets the penalty but the refs had a conference and still decided on giving 15 yards on LVE. That was a joke.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Winning teams get those calls and losing teams don't, but the LVE call was a joke. The guy grabbed his helmet and he swatted it off and then walked away. The snapshot reaction is usually that the second move gets the penalty but the refs had a conference and still decided on giving 15 yards on LVE. That was a joke.
still cost us 15 we all know why but it happened he got the 15 no different than JS accidental fingernail touching bens helmet it was inadvertent has not been called 100s of times..

Hadenough

Reaction score
Trust in the home grown talent? Gallimore/Gregory, etc.? It's just better if the front office doesn't sign ANY Free Agents. Let the people you draft play. Homegrown talent is always the best bet unless you need "ONE" guy. We are far from that.
Gallimore had a pretty disruptive game. Let's hope he keeps it up.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The steelers came out expecting to run all day and got stopped. It took them until the end of the second quarter to stop forcing it and just throw the ball every down.

If they had called the PI's like they should have it would have been just another blowout in a bad season. They got saved by the poor officiating in the first half.

kskboys

Reaction score
Can’t remember if it was this thread or another so I may be repeating myself but after the game I look up the Steelers. They have the 8th worst defense in the league. Philthy has the 7th worst, Giants 2nd worst and Washington 3rd worst.

I have no idea what you're looking at. PITT has the best D in the NFL. Bad source or something.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Because we played 2 teams in the bottom ten of the league and got away with 2 huge PI’s and a face mask on a critical 4th and 1. I wouldn’t read too much into it.
Thats the difference for most teams dropping in and out of the top 10

aria

Reaction score
I have no idea what you're looking at. PITT has the best D in the NFL. Bad source or something.
My bad, meant offense. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, surprised no one else said something already.