Why is the NFL not coming down hard on Philly for last night’s debacle?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Stop interpreting what you think should have happened GREENLAW SHOULD HAVE GONE BACK TO HIS HUDDLE AFTER THE TACKLE.

WHEN YOU START AN ALTERCATION ON AN OPPONENT'S SIDELINE SECURITY MAY HAVE TO STEP IN

GREEN LAW ESCALATED THE INCIDENT DOM WAS WHERE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AND DOING HIS JOB
You don't want me to interpret what I think should have happened and then you interpret what you think should have happened? You're funny! Who made you the Dom of this thread. :lmao:

cowboys1732

Reaction score
That was a great insightful post and I very much respect your opinion.
In 9 out of 10 cities you are probably right that's not his job

I'm sure before he got involved he thought to himself what would my boss want me to do in this situation.
I'm just going to say I fully respect the experience you have in security but I have lived in the Philadelphia area all my life and we'll go on record as saying if he backed down in that situation he wouldn't be able to show his face the beating he would get from the fans would be far worse than whatever Roger goodell would do to him.
I also believe that Jeffrey Lori would want him to stand up for his players ,coach and do what he thought was right to keep them safe.
Trust me when I tell you I hate the eagles and their fans but after living here all my life I do know how they react.
And right now Dom is a hero to the fans the city the players on the team and coaches and behind closed doors the owner.

I still stand on the fact that Greenlaw committed a dirty play in front of the eagles bench and then escalated it when he should have just walked back to the huddle.

But we live in a kinder gentler world now where everybody's just supposed to tolerate what these thugs do.

Once upon a Time back when say Frank Rizzo was mayor of Philadelphia. Greenlaw would have been beaten senseless on the eagles sideline and the administrator of the Justice would have been given the key to the city.
But times have changed and even Philadelphia is just a little more civilized.

Sheesh I don't believe I just said that I must be getting soft
I appreciate the kind words of respect brother. And I try not to say "I am cop so blah, blah, blah". It's apparent that he has been elevated beyond the normal scope of what a Director of Security would be allowed to do. My concern is that the players, for the most part, know and understand it's taboo to put your hands on fans, employees and coaches. And, on the field, the players and referees generally police themselves. Occasionally coaches will have to separate them. It really is a fine line. And it appeared "Dom" was definitely saying something derogatory to the player, which again to me is unacceptable. I live in KC so even though I am a diehard Cowboys fan, I have pride in my city. So I respect your take on the culture in Philly.

I just hope Dallas punches them in the mouth on Sunday night. Go Cowboys!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'm not hung up on his security title whatsoever it's his freaking job for the last 20 plus years what are you in denial.
Look it up he's not a cheerleader or a ball boy he is in charge of security for players coaches and executives of the eagles franchise.
So if somebody comes on to the eagles sideline and starts to go all latrell sprewell it's his job to step in and stop it.

Stop interpreting what you think should have happened GREENLAW SHOULD HAVE GONE BACK TO HIS HUDDLE AFTER THE TACKLE.

WHEN YOU START AN ALTERCATION ON AN OPPONENT'S SIDELINE SECURITY MAY HAVE TO STEP IN

GREEN LAW ESCALATED THE INCIDENT DOM WAS WHERE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AND DOING HIS JOB
Again, it was not his job to do, he is not authorized by the league to do that, here it is according to the NFL Rulebook

Section 1, Article 8 of the NFL rule book
Non-player personnel of a club (e.g., management personnel, coaches, trainers, equipment personnel) are prohibited from making unnecessary physical contact with or directing abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures at opponents, game officials, or representatives of the League.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/04/dom-disandro-dre-greenlaw-sideline-example

And yes, he was escalating the situation, wasn't just my opinion, but also of the NFL Senior Vice President of Officiating as evidenced by the NFL Pool Report

"And we saw video that showed that there was a staff person that made contact with the player and that the player involved, No. 57, made contact with the staff member which warranted his disqualification. The non-player, he was contributing to that escalation."

https://sports.yahoo.com/ref-explains-greenlaw-ejection-49ers-023852821.html

Blackrain

Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words of respect brother. And I try not to say "I am cop so blah, blah, blah". It's apparent that he has been elevated beyond the normal scope of what a Director of Security would be allowed to do. My concern is that the players, for the most part, know and understand it's taboo to put your hands on fans, employees and coaches. And, on the field, the players and referees generally police themselves. Occasionally coaches will have to separate them. It really is a fine line. And it appeared "Dom" was definitely saying something derogatory to the player, which again to me is unacceptable. I live in KC so even though I am a diehard Cowboys fan, I have pride in my city. So I respect your take on the culture in Philly.

I just hope Dallas punches them in the mouth on Sunday night. Go Cowboys!
I hear you brother we need this win.
It wasn't always this way but this year we are playing really well at home and if we could get that number one seed and home field advantage I definitely think it would make a difference in how far we could go.

With Dak playing at the top of his game.
And if everybody plays up to their ability and does their job along with our coach in making discipline and absolute priority to not commit penalties.

There is just no way we can continually have to make 15 or 20 yards in 3 downs while the eagles only have to make like eight because of their ability to push their way through the other two on fourth down

Have to say I want this win badly.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Again, it was not his job to do, he is not authorized by the league to do that, here it is according to the NFL Rulebook

Section 1, Article 8 of the NFL rule book
Non-player personnel of a club (e.g., management personnel, coaches, trainers, equipment personnel) are prohibited from making unnecessary physical contact with or directing abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures at opponents, game officials, or representatives of the League.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/04/dom-disandro-dre-greenlaw-sideline-example

And yes, he was escalating the situation, wasn't just my opinion, but also of the NFL Senior Vice President of Officiating as evidenced by the NFL Pool Report

"And we saw video that showed that there was a staff person that made contact with the player and that the player involved, No. 57, made contact with the staff member which warranted his disqualification. The non-player, he was contributing to that escalation."

https://sports.yahoo.com/ref-explains-greenlaw-ejection-49ers-023852821.html
And there is the key unnecessary physical contact going into the 49ers huddle and seeking out green law and pushing him or sticking your hand in his face would be unnecessary physical contact.
Protecting your coach sideline and players from a hostile opponent may make physical contact necessary to get him back to the part of the field where he belongs.
You keep missing the point if he goes back to his huddle where he belongs none of this happens he escalates it by staying on the eagles sideline initiating a conflict

Blackrain

Reaction score
Not a fan. Yes it was neat but the refs easily could have called a flag on us. Its dumb when the stakes are so high. I mean, why risk the teams success by being an idiot? We better be smarter.
Exactly Ray why risk a taunting penalty that somebody is going to have to try and overcome just to mouth off

Blackrain

Reaction score
You don't want me to interpret what I think should have happened and then you interpret what you think should have happened? You're funny! Who made you the Dom of this thread. :lmao:
I'm not interpreting it there is no room for interpretation a tackle is made and you go back to the huddle that's how the game is played.
You don't have a tantrum or throw a tirade or incite a fight on the other team sideline.

What's next should Green law have called his posse and gone on big Dom's ***. Lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
I wonder when Mike McCarthy will get fined and suspended by the NFL for the Dom incident last Sunday....:muttley:

Blackrain

Reaction score
I wonder when Mike McCarthy will get fined and suspended by the NFL for the Dom incident last Sunday....:muttley:
Interestingly enough Mike McCarthy just had a surgery and will be on our sideline say a fight broke out right next to him with some militant eagles player coming on to our sideline and starting a problem.

I would hope that we would have a security guy at least as big as Dom that would push the player back away from our coach and keep him from getting injured you can't expect the refs to take on that responsibility there it would be a situation where our coach could get hurt after his surgery and you would depend on security to make sure that didn't happen

I don't care what the league says officials job is to call the game that's what their skill is not breaking up fights with men twice their size

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Interestingly enough Mike McCarthy just had a surgery and will be on our sideline say a fight broke out right next to him with some militant eagles player coming on to our sideline and starting a problem.

I would hope that we would have a security guy at least as big as Dom that would push the player back away from our coach and keep him from getting injured you can't expect the refs to take on that responsibility there it would be a situation where our coach could get hurt after his surgery and you would depend on security to make sure that didn't happen

I don't care what the league says officials job is to call the game that's what their skill is not breaking up fights with men twice their size
Is there a security a guy as big as Dom? He looks like he’s had a lot of cheesesteaks in his life.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Is there a security a guy as big as Dom? He looks like he’s had a lot of cheesesteaks in his life.
I'm not sure but I do believe Jerry could afford to buy an enormous security guard to stand by Mike McCarthy and make sure he does not suffer any injury after his recent surgery

Rayman70

Reaction score
Will Tyler Biadazz get reprimanded for that head bob foul last night against New England? :muttley:

sacase

Reaction score
And there is the key unnecessary physical contact going into the 49ers huddle and seeking out green law and pushing him or sticking your hand in his face would be unnecessary physical contact.
Protecting your coach sideline and players from a hostile opponent may make physical contact necessary to get him back to the part of the field where he belongs.
You keep missing the point if he goes back to his huddle where he belongs none of this happens he escalates it by staying on the eagles sideline initiating a conflict
Coaches have always handled players. There has never been the need for a security guy to step in. Coaches and players can handle themselves and have since the beginning of time. Only time a security person should be near a coach is to walk him off the field at the end of the game. Fact is he shouldn't have been there period.