Why is the NFL not coming down hard on Philly for last night’s debacle?

Rayman70

Reaction score
and......
giphy.gif
its Eagles week!

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't know, I rather enjoyed it when Fergy was talking smack to Adams last week. :muttley:
Not a fan. Yes it was neat but the refs easily could have called a flag on us. Its dumb when the stakes are so high. I mean, why risk the teams success by being an idiot? We better be smarter.

Blackrain

Reaction score
He's not the security for the team against opposing players while the game is going on and not entitled to inject himself, regardless of whatever title he may have, into the game and sure as hell not supposed to escalate a situation, which he did. Could Greenlaw have walked back after the tackle? Sure, but most players talk some trash at each other after a tackle, it's part of the game. He's a member of their Front Office, regardless of a "security" title, he is not a player or coach and has absolutely no right to get involved in the game and no rights to lay hands on opposing players. The NFL has pretty specific rules about what sideline personnel cannot do while on the sidelines and he broke them, quite overtly.

Dak flexed in the face of a defender after a hard tackle on the sideline, but that wouldn't give the right for a Seattle staffer to confront or touch him because he thought he was "defending" his player. Dom is passionate, that's great, but simply did the wrong thing and overstepped his bounds, he let his emotions get the better of him.
Please just stop the guy was not getting involved in the game greenlaw was out of the game and on the eagles sideline he was not participating in the game he was starting a confrontation on the sideline where Dom is posted for security.

Play was over the game does not continue on the sideline green law was in the wrong and should have walked back and been in his huddle not on the eagles sideline he was wrong and in the wrong place end of story.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Wanting to get a non player fired over something like that is pretty bad. I actually don’t think that the 49er should’ve been kicked out of game either… There were no punches thrown, and everything just kinda unfolded quickly in that spot by the Eagles side line.
Greenlaw way overreacted at Dom just trying to separate them. He suplexed the Eagles player (can’t recall who) just like he did our guy when we played them.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Please just stop the guy was not getting involved in the game greenlaw was out of the game and on the eagles sideline he was not participating in the game he was starting a confrontation on the sideline where Dom is posted for security.

Play was over the game does not continue on the sideline green law was in the wrong and should have walked back and been in his huddle not on the eagles sideline he was wrong and in the wrong place end of story.
Quit getting hung up on his "security" title, he's not a sideline bouncer for the team and doesn't get afforded any more rights than the ball boy, equipment mgr, cheerleader or janitor on the sideline. He's the guy a player calls if he gets a ticket, gets pulled over by the cops, coordinates security at practices and traveling, etc., not patrol the sidelines. He just plain screwed up and shouldn't have done what he did. Greenlaw will get fined, Dom will probably get barred from the sidelines for a few games, if not the rest of the season and the team will get a hefty fine. The NFL could go as far as take away a draft pick, but would be very surprised if it went that far.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Greenlaw way overreacted at Dom just trying to separate them. He suplexed the Eagles player (can’t recall who) just like he did our guy when we played them.
Greenlaw’s reputation precedes him. That didn’t help him. I don’t who or what Dom is, but he looked like he outweighed Greenlaw by over 100 lbs.

Zman5

Reaction score
Meanwhile Bellicheat is hiring 100 "security" guards for "protection" against all the all-pro players from the opposing teams.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Quit getting hung up on his "security" title, he's not a sideline bouncer for the team and doesn't get afforded any more rights than the ball boy, equipment mgr, cheerleader or janitor on the sideline. He's the guy a player calls if he gets a ticket, gets pulled over by the cops, coordinates security at practices and traveling, etc., not patrol the sidelines. He just plain screwed up and shouldn't have done what he did. Greenlaw will get fined, Dom will probably get barred from the sidelines for a few games, if not the rest of the season and the team will get a hefty fine. The NFL could go as far as take away a draft pick, but would be very surprised if it went that far.
I'm not hung up on his security title whatsoever it's his freaking job for the last 20 plus years what are you in denial.
Look it up he's not a cheerleader or a ball boy he is in charge of security for players coaches and executives of the eagles franchise.
So if somebody comes on to the eagles sideline and starts to go all latrell sprewell it's his job to step in and stop it.

Stop interpreting what you think should have happened GREENLAW SHOULD HAVE GONE BACK TO HIS HUDDLE AFTER THE TACKLE.

WHEN YOU START AN ALTERCATION ON AN OPPONENT'S SIDELINE SECURITY MAY HAVE TO STEP IN

GREEN LAW ESCALATED THE INCIDENT DOM WAS WHERE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AND DOING HIS JOB

Blackrain

Reaction score
I can tell you this IF GREEN LAW THREW CDLAMB. DOWN LIKE THAT IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR SIDELINE AND THEN GOT IN HIS FACE.
I WOULD SURE HOPE SOMEBODY WOULD STEP UP AND THROW HIM OFF OUR SIDELINE.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PLEASE CLEAN UP THE LANGUAGE FOLKS AND THANK YOU!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think the league will do something but first they will make some kind of rule about who should be that close to the field.

It is just too many people who aren’t coaches, players, and trainers that are around the 50.
There is a rule.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
I'm not hung up on his security title whatsoever it's his freaking job for the last 20 plus years what are you in denial.
Look it up he's not a cheerleader or a ball boy he is in charge of security for players coaches and executives of the eagles franchise.
So if somebody comes on to the eagles sideline and starts to go all latrell sprewell it's his job to step in and stop it.

Stop interpreting what you think should have happened GREENLAW SHOULD HAVE GONE BACK TO HIS HUDDLE AFTER THE TACKLE.

WHEN YOU START AN ALTERCATION ON AN OPPONENT'S SIDELINE SECURITY MAY HAVE TO STEP IN

GREEN LAW ESCALATED THE INCIDENT DOM WAS WHERE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AND DOING HIS JOB
I wasn’t going to respond because I don’t want to be “that guy” but here we are. Respectfully, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Having said all the I am a retired LEO, worked many sporting events and was in charge of over watch/incident command, dignitary and VIP protection for the PD side. So I worked hand in hand with the private security.

Again just my opinion based off my experience. Security is there for anything outside of what is actually going on the field. He has absolutely no business interjecting himself in that altercation that goes on in every game, they have officials to handle that. That“s why you don’t see police or security typically interject themselves in any sport on the field unless it”s an outside threat, meaning a fan on the field.

That dude roams the sideline like a bouncer in a bar and has zero situational awareness because he is too busy watching the game. He should have been more worried about a threat from the stands instead of inserting himself. I highly doubt any of the other professional football teams allow their Director of Security to be seen and heard and stalk the sidelines like Philly does.

It doesn’t look professional and I am sure the NFL let Philly know. I will be interested to watch to see if his fat rear end is still in the middle of everything on the sideline.

To the fans it probably doesn’t look like a big deal and Philly is obviously good with it…but that’s not his job.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I wasn’t going to respond because I don’t want to be “that guy” but here we are. Respectfully, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Having said all the I am a retired LEO, worked many sporting events and was in charge of over watch/incident command, dignitary and VIP protection for the PD side. So I worked hand in hand with the private security.

Again just my opinion based off my experience. Security is there for anything outside of what is actually going on the field. He has absolutely no business interjecting himself in that altercation that goes on in every game, they have officials to handle that. That“s why you don’t see police or security typically interject themselves in any sport on the field unless it”s an outside threat, meaning a fan on the field.

That dude roams the sideline like a bouncer in a bar and has zero situational awareness because he is too busy watching the game. He should have been more worried about a threat from the stands instead of inserting himself. I highly doubt any of the other professional football teams allow their Director of Security to be seen and heard and stalk the sidelines like Philly does.

It doesn’t look professional and I am sure the NFL let Philly know. I will be interested to watch to see if his fat rear end is still in the middle of everything on the sideline.

To the fans it probably doesn’t look like a big deal and Philly is obviously good with it…but that’s not his job.
That was a great insightful post and I very much respect your opinion.
In 9 out of 10 cities you are probably right that's not his job

I'm sure before he got involved he thought to himself what would my boss want me to do in this situation.
I'm just going to say I fully respect the experience you have in security but I have lived in the Philadelphia area all my life and we'll go on record as saying if he backed down in that situation he wouldn't be able to show his face the beating he would get from the fans would be far worse than whatever Roger goodell would do to him.
I also believe that Jeffrey Lori would want him to stand up for his players ,coach and do what he thought was right to keep them safe.
Trust me when I tell you I hate the eagles and their fans but after living here all my life I do know how they react.
And right now Dom is a hero to the fans the city the players on the team and coaches and behind closed doors the owner.

I still stand on the fact that Greenlaw committed a dirty play in front of the eagles bench and then escalated it when he should have just walked back to the huddle.

But we live in a kinder gentler world now where everybody's just supposed to tolerate what these thugs do.

Once upon a Time back when say Frank Rizzo was mayor of Philadelphia. Greenlaw would have been beaten senseless on the eagles sideline and the administrator of the Justice would have been given the key to the city.
But times have changed and even Philadelphia is just a little more civilized.

Sheesh I don't believe I just said that I must be getting soft

Blackrain

Reaction score
I just saw the video of what Greenlaw did to Pollard on what I believe was the 49ers sideline another dirty hit out of bounds throwing the guy down on his head.
This guy's reputation precedes him he's a dirty player and a thug.

As much as I absolutely hate everything the eagles and their fans stand for if big Dom beat him absolutely senseless I would just view that he got what he deserved and he is our enemy anyway.
So any misfortune suspension that happens to a thug like that that is our enemy that we may have to play again and could jeopardize our players is a good thing in my mind