Twitter: Why Jerry will never let go of Dak

Qcard

Reaction score

Teams are desperate for a great quarterback. Just look at Houston rumors are teams are ready to pony up 3-4 1st round picks for Deshaun Watson even with his salary.

Considering Dak was ranked by ESPN as a top 5 quarterback in the league this offseason is going to the most interesting since Bledsoe came here

If this thread was a play.....

basel90

Reaction score
Is the goal to win the super bowl or make sure the offense is unleashed in its entirely? B/c if I recall, that got us to 8-8 in 2019 and a 1-3 start under Dak this past season. There is an entire other half of the team that needs to be addressed. The offense was fine under Dalton even with no off season and behind an OL missing most of its starters.
Very true . Seems some fans just want the team to be competitive and have good popular QB like Dak .a nice story and some stats and wins . The real prize of winning a super bowl with a cap hit of 35-40 mil to a QB has rarely ever worked . Just look at the Brady salary and the other super bowl winners , they don’t pay the QB this kind of money as there won’t be enough funds to surround him with talent . Now compound that with a team like the cowboys who already has made big cap mistakes in guaranteed contracts for zeke , DLaw etc etc .

JeffInDC

Reaction score
This is Cowboyszone the past year.

1. Someone Starts a thread with the word Dak in the thread.
2. Pappydog and his unhinged minions of Dak haters ravenously flock to the thread to repeat their claims that Dak is one of the worst QBs in the league.
3. Repeat

:hammer:

phildadon86

Reaction score

2. Pappydog and his unhinged minions of Dak haters ravenously flock to the thread to repeat their claims that Dak is one of the worst QBs in the league.
3. RINSE
4. Repeat

Fixed it for you.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very true . Seems some fans just want the team to be competitive and have good popular QB like Dak .a nice story and some stats and wins . The real prize of winning a super bowl with a cap hit of 35-40 mil to a QB has rarely ever worked . Just look at the Brady salary and the other super bowl winners , they don’t pay the QB this kind of money as there won’t be enough funds to surround him with talent . Now compound that with a team like the cowboys who already has made big cap mistakes in guaranteed contracts for zeke , DLaw etc etc .

Right. The goal is a super bowl.

One of the reasons Brady left NE was that he was tired of taking less money AND not being surrounded by enough talent. NE built and maintained their dynasty by loading up on defense and letting Brady make everyone around him better. It worked for a loooong time. But Dak isn't Brady. You have to surround him with great players for him to be a good qb. Then what's left for the defense? Rookies, JAGS, and reclamation projects. That formula hasn't gotten us anywhere. So, not sure why we load up for 3-4 more years of it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

3. Repeat

This is nonsense. The word Dak doesn't have to be in the thread for this to happen. The same thing could happen if the thread was about the brand of laundry detergent the locker room attendant uses.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
What makes the situation tough:
1. It's bleepin' hard to find a franchise QB.
2. Because of the salary cap, there's a limit to how much you can pay him and still have enough to build a great team around him.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Teams are desperate for a great quarterback. Just look at Houston rumors are teams are ready to pony up 3-4 1st round picks for Deshaun Watson even with his salary.

Considering Dak was ranked by ESPN as a top 5 quarterback in the league this offseason is going to the most interesting since Bledsoe came here

The second I read "..Dak was ranked by ESPN as a top 5 quarterback in the league..." I stopped reading having spit out my coffee onto the computer screen while laughing my arse off.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

3. Repeat

Way to unnecessarily call out another member in a belittling manner simply because members choose to have an opinion for themselves rather than think like the masses when it relates to Dak.

basel90

Reaction score
Right. The goal is a super bowl.

One of the reasons Brady left NE was that he was tired of taking less money AND not being surrounded by enough talent. NE built and maintained their dynasty by loading up on defense and letting Brady make everyone around him better. It worked for a loooong time. But Dak isn't Brady. You have to surround him with great players for him to be a good qb. Then what's left for the defense? Rookies, JAGS, and reclamation projects. That formula hasn't gotten us anywhere. So, not sure why we load up for 3-4 more years of it.
Very true . And Dak is not Brady by any means . He is not elite despite what all the Dak slobberers think

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The second I read "..Dak was ranked by ESPN as a top 5 quarterback in the league..." I stopped reading having spit out my coffee onto the computer screen while laughing my arse off.
I agree he isn't top 5, but he may not be too far outside it. Top 10 is certainly reasonable.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But we got Dalton and he will finally open running lanes for Zeke and unleash Gallup’s full potential.
Just can't help yourself can ya.

I don't get this drive to tear down others to suit your agenda. Why can't you just stay on the topic?

"Why will Jerry keep Dak"

"but Andy".

kevm3

Reaction score
Then again, now that we don't have a high pick, Jerry may really want Dak here, but whose to say Dak wants to be here after seeing the FO take the 'wait and see' approach on him? We signed Jaylon Smith and Zeke ahead of him. We may end up having to franchise him again for another year, but that's not sustainable. The FO made a big mistake in waiting around.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Just can't help yourself can ya.

I don't get this drive to tear down others to suit your agenda. Why can't you just stay on the topic?

"Why will Jerry keep Dak"

"but Andy".
Yes, I just can't help it. You also just can't help replying when we agreed to ignore each other. Didn't we agree you and I don't see eye to eye?

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Some are focusing on the wrong player. Find a team that needs a stud RB and find a way to get them to take zeke's contract. Draft Najee Harris and don't look back.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I agree he isn't top 5, but he may not be too far outside it. Top 10 is certainly reasonable.

I question even Top 10. Why is he Top 10? Because of his passing stats last season? Well, here are the Top 10 passing yard QB's in 2019 with their team record:

#1 J. Winston 7-9
#2 D. Prescott 8-8
#3 J. Goff 9-7
#4 P. Rivers 5-11
#5 M. Ryan 7-8 (missed 1 game)
#6 R. Wilson 11-5
#7 T. Brady 12-4
#8 D. Carr 7-9
#9 C. Wentz 9-7
#10 P. Mahomes 11-3 (missed 3 games)

Top 5 Passing Yards QB team records : 36-43

So when the Top 5 passing yard QB's miss the playoffs and the NFC and AFC Championship game involved the #10 QB (Mahomes), #11 QB (Rodgers), #12 QB (Garoppolo), and #28 QB (Tannehill) in terms of regular season total yards passing I do not think passing yards is solely how a QB should be judged in terms of new contract but rather if he leads his team deep into the playoffs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I question even Top 10. Why is he Top 10? Because of his passing stats last season? Well, here are the Top 10 passing yard QB's in 2019 with their team record:

#1 J. Winston 7-9
#2 D. Prescott 8-8
#3 J. Goff 9-7
#4 P. Rivers 5-11
#5 M. Ryan 7-8 (missed 1 game)
#6 R. Wilson 11-5
#7 T. Brady 12-4
#8 D. Carr 7-9
#9 C. Wentz 9-7
#10 P. Mahomes 11-3 (missed 3 games)

Top 5 Passing Yards QB team records : 36-43

So when the NFC and AFC Championship game involved the #10 QB (Mahomes), #11 QB (Rodgers), #12 QB (Garoppolo), and #28 QB (Tannehill) in terms of regular season total yards passing I do not think passing yards is solely how a QB should be judged in terms of new contract but rather if he leads his team deep into the playoffs.

Passing stats is part of it, but not just a single cherry picked stat that fits a particular narrative. Passing stats include more than yardage. Winston, for example, threw 30 INTs to Dak's 11, and had a much lower passer rating and QBR, so even though he had more yards than Dak, he was much less effective than Dak.

Then there is the fact that, contrary to the story some like to tell, wins and losses are not entirely on a QB. Was Rodgers a terrible QB a few years ago when the Packers went 6-9-1? OF course not, but while QB is an important position, there actually is more to playing the game than just who the QB is.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Passing stats is part of it, but not just a single cherry picked stat that fits a particular narrative. Passing stats include more than yardage. Winston, for example, threw 30 INTs to Dak's 11, and had a much lower passer rating and QBR, so even though he had more yards than Dak, he was much less effective than Dak.

Then there is the fact that, contrary to the story some like to tell, wins and losses are not entirely on a QB. Was Rodgers a terrible QB a few years ago when the Packers went 6-9-1? OF course not, but while QB is an important position, there actually is more to playing the game than just who the QB is.

So then what constitutes paying a QB as the highest player on the team when he isn't being judged on wins and losses or just passing stats. A WR is judged on catches, yards, and drops....a running back is judged on carries, yards, TD's, and pass receptions....a cornerback is judged on shut down ability, INT's, PD's, and yards given up.....a defensive end is judged on tackles, sacks, and QB pressures.....an offensive lineman is judged on blocking and sacks allowed........so then what is a QB judged on to justify his salary??????