Twitter: Why Jerry will never let go of Dak

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
But we got Dalton and he will finally open running lanes for Zeke and unleash Gallup’s full potential.
Lol. Dalton isn't coming back. He's already stated w/his performance at Dallas he should be able to land a starting position. :muttley:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So then what constitutes paying a QB as the highest player on the team when he isn't being judged on wins and losses or just passing stats. A WR is judged on catches, yards, and drops....a running back is judged on carries, yards, TD's, and pass receptions....a cornerback is judged on shut down ability, INT's, PD's, and yards given up.....a defensive end is judged on tackles, sacks, and QB pressures.....an offensive lineman is judged on blocking and sacks allowed........so then what is a QB judged on to justify his salary??????

So, you are saying Aaron Rodgers was a terrible when the Packers went 6-9-1, but suddenly became a great QB the next year when they went 13-3? Brees was a terrible QB when the team had three 7 win seasons, but reverted back to being an outstanding QB when they started having double digit wins again?

Clearly that's not an accurate stand alone measuring stick, just as passing yardage isn't an accurate stand alone measuring stick, especially when passing efficiency is ignored.

What I am saying, and have said, is that the overall player, and stats and circumstances factor in. You just want to cherry pick an individual stat that fits your narrative and ignore other factors that don't.

bigE79

Reaction score
Then again, now that we don't have a high pick, Jerry may really want Dak here, but whose to say Dak wants to be here after seeing the FO take the 'wait and see' approach on him? We signed Jaylon Smith and Zeke ahead of him. We may end up having to franchise him again for another year, but that's not sustainable. The FO made a big mistake in waiting around.
I call bs on that...They offered him 37 mil over 5 years and he turned it down..if he can't live with that,screw him...and that was still to much for a qb who has really done nothing in 5 yrs but put up stats...how many big games has he won? The last time he won on the rd was 2yrs ago...yes he deserves all that money.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Teams are desperate for a great quarterback. Just look at Houston rumors are teams are ready to pony up 3-4 1st round picks for Deshaun Watson even with his salary.

Considering Dak was ranked by ESPN as a top 5 quarterback in the league this offseason is going to the most interesting since Bledsoe came here

Even without the league demand for QBs, Jerry loves Dak. He's also proud of getting him in the 4th round. Dak isn't going anywhere.

It really doesn't matter what any of us think about it. It makes no sense to delude yourself into believing otherwise. Dak's staying.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even without the league demand for QBs, Jerry loves Dak. He's also proud of getting him in the 4th round. Dak isn't going anywhere.

It really doesn't matter what any of us think about it. It makes no sense to delude yourself into believing otherwise. Dak's staying.
You hit on the key, Booger is a Prescott fan. he likes him, likes his marketability and I do think he ponders on the possible "we could do worse. We have done worse".

One thing we don't take into consideration, Dak Prescott is an immensely popular player with the fans. They saw him injured in the line of duty, which only increased their affection for him. He's got some of that tragic figure going for him as well with his brother.

Roger Staubach's popularity was as much about him as him being the QB. He was that All American boy making plays and winning hearts.

I think Romo's popularity was his story. The odds were stacked against him and he rises to be the DC QB, one of the most heralded positions any athlete can achieve. He was a nobody from nowhere and he won hearts.

When I saw Prescott coming off that field, his eyes filled with tears because he was thinking he might have just played his last down of football looking at the angle of his ankle, I wondered the effect of that on the fans. He rolled the dice and could have been coming up craps for all we knew. When I first saw his ankle, I got sick to my stomach and I thought about all of that and Alex Smith's saga.

While I am sure some here we're thinking 'serves him right for being greedy and not taking that deal'.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So, you are saying Aaron Rodgers was a terrible when the Packers went 6-9-1, but suddenly became a great QB the next year when they went 13-3? Brees was a terrible QB when the team had three 7 win seasons, but reverted back to being an outstanding QB when they started having double digit wins again?

Clearly that's not an accurate stand alone measuring stick, just as passing yardage isn't an accurate stand alone measuring stick, especially when passing efficiency is ignored.

What I am saying, and have said, is that the overall player, and stats and circumstances factor in. You just want to cherry pick an individual stat that fits your narrative and ignore other factors that don't.

Reading comprehension helps when replying to a post: I asked what a QB is judged on since it was brought up that he isn't judged on just passing yards or wins/losses. I referenced other positions and what they are judged on in terms of new contracts so again, what is a QB judged on to justify a $30M+/year contract?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You hit on the key, Booger is a Prescott fan. he likes him, likes his marketability and I do think he ponders on the possible "we could do worse. We have done worse".

One thing we don't take into consideration, Dak Prescott is an immensely popular player with the fans. They saw him injured in the line of duty, which only increased their affection for him. He's got some of that tragic figure going for him as well with his brother.

Roger Staubach's popularity was as much about him as him being the QB. He was that All American boy making plays and winning hearts.

I think Romo's popularity was his story. The odds were stacked against him and he rises to be the DC QB, one of the most heralded positions any athlete can achieve. He was a nobody from nowhere and he won hearts.

When I saw Prescott coming off that field, his eyes filled with tears because he was thinking he might have just played his last down of football looking at the angle of his ankle, I wondered the effect of that on the fans. He rolled the dice and could have been coming up craps for all we knew. When I first saw his ankle, I got sick to my stomach and I thought about all of that and Alex Smith's saga.

While I am sure some here we're thinking 'serves him right for being greedy and not taking that deal'.

I think he was crying thinking he just blew his chance at a $40M/year deal.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think he was crying thinking he just blew his chance at a $40M/year deal.
See, this comment right here proves you aren't just some fan who believe Prescott doesn't deserve the money. There is something much deeper going on that you're just unwilling to admit to. I don't mind that you do it, but can you at least drop the innocence act?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
See, this comment right here proves you aren't just some fan who believe Prescott doesn't deserve the money. There is something much deeper going on that you're just unwilling to admit to. I don't mind that you do it, but can you at least drop the innocence act?

Questioning my motives by someone on a Dallas Cowboys group with a Go Seahawks logo message. LOL

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Questioning my motives by someone on a Dallas Cowboys group with a Go Seahawks logo message. LOL
Well, there's a story about that but you aren't entitled to hear it. Regardless of that message, I can spot a liar.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Well, there's a story about that but you aren't entitled to hear it. Regardless of that message, I can spot a liar.

Well given your ability to spot a liar you must be good at spotting a BS artist so stop looking in the mirror.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reading comprehension helps when replying to a post: I asked what a QB is judged on since it was brought up that he isn't judged on just passing yards or wins/losses. I referenced other positions and what they are judged on in terms of new contracts so again, what is a QB judged on to justify a $30M+/year contract?
It seems you are having the problem with the reading comprehension. I specifically said the overall player, and stats and circumstances factor in.

You want to use a one stop, black and while criteria that fits your argument, and that isn't reality.

As I have said, wins and losses, as a stand alone criteria, is very flawed, and I gave specific examples of why. But that doesn't fit your narrative, so you reject it despite the examples.

As much as you want to cherry pick one specific stat that fits your narrative, there clearly is no one stat that tells the whole story, and there isn't even an etched in stone formula for a team to go by. Obviously a team has to weigh all factors, and the bottom line has to be whether it believes that QB can contribute to a winning football team.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. That kind of comment, and all the "Dak lover" nonsense doesn't contribute to a rational conversation. It just comes across as if there is some emotional personal vendetta.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Teams are desperate for a great quarterback. Just look at Houston rumors are teams are ready to pony up 3-4 1st round picks for Deshaun Watson even with his salary.

Considering Dak was ranked by ESPN as a top 5 quarterback in the league this offseason is going to the most interesting since Bledsoe came here

I don't think NFL teams rely on ESPN QB rankings but that's beside the point. If I can get 3 or 4 1st round picks for Dak, I'm shipping him out. But saying this and seeing it are two different things.

EOS.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is Cowboyszone the past year.

1. Someone Starts a thread with the word Dak in the thread.
2. Pappydog and his unhinged minions of Dak haters ravenously flock to the thread to repeat their claims that Dak is one of the worst QBs in the league.
3. Repeat

And you do this. How is this any better?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Now that is some truth. I don't want to pay Dak 40M of our cap space, but I think its going to happen b/c Jerry is still traumatized by the 7 years it took him to find a replacement for Aikman. 2005 is generous. We didn't really know what we had in Romo until the end of the 2006 season.

Things started turning around in 2006 when Romo took over for Bledsoe. We pretty much had it figured out by week 12 after our third straight win that we had something in him.