Why McGovern does not play OC

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
"How come every time I start liking someone they ain't around long."

"I've noticed every time you start disliking someone they ain't around long neither."
"How's it with stains?"

(And then later the guy is using in on the tobacco stains Josey put on his coat!)
I’m trying not to totally derail this thread so I’ll stop… but I could quote that movie all day.

“All that big talk is worth doodley-squat.”

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Then what good is he? He can not even beat CW out for the backup center spot much less a guard spot. They will have to waste a roster spot on a backup just for center which is unfortunate.

or, he's already a better G than C Will & thus they were trying CWill at center.

I haven't seen McGovern miss a block in the games. I've only seen broadcast feeds not All22 so that could be wrong. But, I'm not sure he's not one of our best 5 now.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
This is why Joe looney retired. So he's ready when we need him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He botched 3 snaps and got blow up several times. Williams experiment needs to end. He sucks st center.
I counted 1 actual botched snap.

The one that popped up in the air hit the QB in the hands waist high.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard Clint just made a new flick.
Macho Guy, or something to that effect.

Oh yeah, I'm going to go see.

And to end this off-tracking of the Thread: Josey Wales.
Talking about rock candy.

I still remember him as Rowdy Yates...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Stepnoski & Gurode both had similar issues with shotgun. They just went under center with Stepnoski & lived with Gurode's. No reason to not use Williams as a backup solution especially since he's new to the position.
When he learns how to play great. Right now he sucks. It’s not just the snaps. He’s getting blown up.

conner01

Reaction score
No, CW will be just fine.

That reverse grip snapping is for the birds! That crap will cause more fumbles than you can imagine. Trust me, you will wish CW was snapping the ball instead of McGovern. There is a very good reason why McCarthy and staff have CW practicing as backup Center, instead of McGovern.
I’ve never seen MCGovern snap so can’t judge but CW was very bad this far into camp so can’t see why anyone would think he’s gonna be a viable backup
I liked the idea of CW as backup because it saved a roster spot
But I see no evidence CW can get the most basic part of the position figured out

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’ve never seen MCGovern snap so can’t judge but CW was very bad this far into camp so can’t see why anyone would think he’s gonna be a viable backup
I liked the idea of CW as backup because it saved a roster spot
But I see no evidence CW can get the most basic part of the position figured out
Then you're not looking well enough. 2 bad snaps in a game is not bad for someone who has never played the position. Connor will get it fixed.

conner01

Reaction score
Then you're not looking well enough. 2 bad snaps in a game is not bad for someone who has never played the position. Connor will get it fixed.
But he’s been practicing throughout the entire camp
I don’t see anyway someone can be confident in his ability to handle the job if Biadasz goes down
I loved the idea of him being the backup for the extra roster spot
I assumed he could do the job
But I have no confidence that he can handle the most fundamental part of playing center

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Quit spreading lies.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/connor-williams-adjusting-to-more-center-work

It was only 2 bad snaps, and Connor never got blown up. Quit your lying. Even the Cowboys beat writers saw it much differently than you.

Never seen a guy loose an argument so badly and so fast. LOL

I see you still havent watched the first 4 plays of the game for the Cowboys as Williams gets blown into the backfield twice and then muffs a shotgun snap over the QB's head?

EVERYONE can see that Williams sucks at center.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...nnor-williams-to-one-position-and-stick-to-it

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Dallas Cowboys need to commit Connor Williams to one position
Getting the best five offensive linemen on the field is a very fair and proper goal. Nobody has any qualms with it. But you have to know when to fold ‘em, and the time has come for Connor Williams at center.

Williams got first dibs on handling the duties on Friday night and was not only uninspiring, he was downright bad. It sort of seems unfair to place any of the blame on Williams in this situation. He is new to the position and is being asked to do it at an NFL level. That isn’t easy.

erod

Reaction score
I think McGovern would be a terrible offensive coordinator.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
or, he's already a better G than C Will & thus they were trying CWill at center.

I haven't seen McGovern miss a block in the games. I've only seen broadcast feeds not All22 so that could be wrong. But, I'm not sure he's not one of our best 5 now.

Lol cw was rated 16th. Everyone always thinks the backup is better. They are working him as a possible backup center because we have none. McGovern isn't even a backup center.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Lol cw was rated 16th. Everyone always thinks the backup is better. They are working him as a possible backup center because we have none. McGovern isn't even a backup center.

Anyone who has watched CWill play knows he's not the 16th best G in the NFL. Anyone publishing such a ranking should be embarrased.

Can you show me a play where McGovern is getting blown up this preseason?
Can you say its unusual to see CWill get blown up?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Anyone who has watched CWill play knows he's not the 16th best G in the NFL. Anyone publishing such a ranking should be embarrased.

Can you show me a play where McGovern is getting blown up this preseason?
Can you say its unusual to see CWill get blown up?

McGovern is ok. He was ok last year but cw is better.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
McGovern is ok. He was ok last year but cw is better.

we have differing opinions. fair.

broadcast team was talking about how the C job was just handed to TB. Hoping that doesn't blow up on us. Cause CWill has shown no ability to be the backup.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
we have differing opinions. fair.

broadcast team was talking about how the C job was just handed to TB. Hoping that doesn't blow up on us. Cause CWill has shown no ability to be the backup.

In his defense he's never played the position. I wouldn't expect him to pick it up that quick. I think he'd be a better backup for Smith. Sad thing is we have to use a roster spot since McGovern who played center 1 year...isn't capable of doing it at this level.