Why McGovern does not play OC

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Never seen a guy loose an argument so badly and so fast. LOL

I see you still havent watched the first 4 plays of the game for the Cowboys as Williams gets blown into the backfield twice and then muffs a shotgun snap over the QB's head?

EVERYONE can see that Williams sucks at center.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...nnor-williams-to-one-position-and-stick-to-it

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Dallas Cowboys need to commit Connor Williams to one position
Getting the best five offensive linemen on the field is a very fair and proper goal. Nobody has any qualms with it. But you have to know when to fold ‘em, and the time has come for Connor Williams at center.

Williams got first dibs on handling the duties on Friday night and was not only uninspiring, he was downright bad. It sort of seems unfair to place any of the blame on Williams in this situation. He is new to the position and is being asked to do it at an NFL level. That isn’t easy.

You were saying???
:facepalm:

Every time you open your mouth, bigger a fool you make of yourself.

Congrats! You're the Joker of CZ.

Last edited:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Sad thing is we have to use a roster spot since McGovern who played center 1 year...isn't capable of doing it at this level.

Why didn't they have CWill practicing this during the off season?
I think the idea came about because they realized CMc was doing really well at G and if CWill could be interchangeable it was good for him & the team.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why didn't they have CWill practicing this during the off season?
I think the idea came about because they realized CMc was doing really well at G and if CWill could be interchangeable it was good for him & the team.

I think they don't want use a roster spot on just the center position. Wether cw can backup center has zero affect on him starting at LG. I don't think we keep cw at years end just because of cost which is why training McGovern at center would be a better option as he's here for a bit longer.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You were saying???

Like I said, you woudnt know a good center if you saw one or a bad one. Williams is garbage and Biadasz is the real deal. Lets go over the arguments you have already lost badly:

-They are playing Williams at Center to compete with Biadasz because Biadasz is doing poorly (Lost badly)
-Williams is looking great (Lost badly)
-Biadasz is playing poorly (Lost badly)
-Williams will beat out Biadasz for the starting center job (Its not official YET, but its laughably over) (You lost BADLY)!!!!!

But dont take my work for it, lets here what MM has to say about it?

A competition between Biadasz and Williams? It’s more of an experiment at this stage.

One that’s not going well. A clean exchange between center and quarterback has not been a given in this camp or the two pre-season games.

“Am I concerned about it? McCarthy said, repeating the question. “Yeah, anytime the ball is on the ground I’m concerned.

“That’s the starting point. It can’t happen. There’s no excuse for it. We can talk until we’re blue in the face about it. It has to be corrected."

:lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You were saying???

I guess we can put to bed your claim that Connor Williams would beat out Biadasz for the starting center job. Here is Connor Williams himself saying that he is the backup. :muttley:

Michael Gehlken
@GehlkenNFL

·
Aug 14

Cowboys LG Connor Williams said he learned fairly close to kickoff he'd start at center. "It was just an emphasis on giving me backup center reps. Getting in those center reps in live situations. It's obviously different than practice." Never played C before this year. A process.

:oldcouple::dance::yourock::flagwave::clap::thumbup:

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
In college McGovern played at least 1 season at OC but he does not even practice at OC for the Cowboys.

I pointed this out going back to when he was drafted as a possible issue:

He used what I've referred to as a reverse grip on the ball.

The image below is my attempt to illustrate how he snapped the ball as compared to the conventional method.

It might be fine for QB under center snaps but for shotgun snaps it's like a knuckleball pitcher in baseball.

DiNucci has to get rid of his sidearm.
McGovern has to get rid of his reverse grip.

How long is it supposed to take learn to snap a football with proper form?

McGovern's reverse grip is not a reason for him not to play center. It's a reason for him to fix his grip. McGovern should have started fixing his grip the day he was drafted, the same day the Cowboys should have told him to do it.