Why no talk of Dak Prescott in the 2nd or 3rd?

Knotamus

Reaction score
And this is why you can't listen to everything you here. Some folks just love puking non-sense out their mouths. Dak Prescott is a good QB that if giving a year or two to learn the dynamics of the pro game, could be very good. The Cowboys know him well, as they have visited with him fours times already over the last couple of months. So, it won't be a surprise if they pick him up via the mid rounds. He has over 70 passing TDs and 40 rushing TDs against teams within the strongest Conference in college football..the SEC. A career 62% completion rating. He's beat LSU, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Kentucy, Missorri, Lousiana Tech, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M to name a few. And to top it off, he's a humble, RKG type player. So excuse me if I disagree with the above poster. He obviously didn't watch Dak carry Miss St the last three years. And unlike the guys at Ohio St... Name another player that helped Dak be successful. He WILL be a late round steal for some team. So let other teams give up their whole draft for guys from North Dakota st., I'd be perfectly happy with letting Dak learn from Romo

DFWJC

Reaction score
excellent size 6'2 230, he's accurate. He would be a nice QB to groom for the future

One or two of these 4-5 QBs taken in rounds 2-4 will end up being better than at least one of Wentz ,Goff, or Lynch.

We just saw the top 3 QBs taken in 2012--Luck, RG3, Tannihill--and in round three Seattle get Russell Wilson.

It will happen

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Veteran backups are bad news. I would take a combination of Moore and a draft pick over any veteran willing to accept a long term backup spot that has hit the market in the last two years.

I want Moore to have to earn that QB2 job if he can. Hoyer, maybe, when he's released.

DFWJC

Reaction score
And this is why you can't listen to everything you here. Some folks just love puking non-sense out their mouths. Dak Prescott is a good QB that if giving a year or two to learn the dynamics of the pro game, could be very good. The Cowboys know him well, as they have visited with him fours times already over the last couple of months. So, it won't be a surprise if they pick him up via the mid rounds. He has over 70 passing TDs and 40 rushing TDs against teams within the strongest Conference in college football..the SEC. A career 62% completion rating. He's beat LSU, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Kentucy, Missorri, Lousiana Tech, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M to name a few. And to top it off, he's a humble, RKG type player. So excuse me if I disagree with the above poster. He obviously didn't watch Dak carry Miss St the last three years. And unlike the guys at Ohio St... Name another player that helped Dak be successful. He WILL be a late round steal for some team. So let other teams give up their whole draft for guys from North Dakota st., I'd be perfectly happy with letting Dak learn from Romo

I think Dak is going before the late rounds.

Not sure how good he'll be but am pulling for him

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score

I live in Mississippi and have watched just about every game. He is a good kid and a good college QB, but he will be lucky to stay on a team as a backup. He is not pro QB material. He simply does not have the talent.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

so after all that you actually agree he is a late round talent.
bravo

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He just started to do a pro style progression drop. He really is a wild card. I don't expect he'll amount to much as few QBs ever do but he has a chance.

I like this guy and Jake Driskell LA Tech on day 3. I'd take both if we cannot get someone day 1. Draft another one next year.

I want no part of Hackenberg or Cook.

Last I seen Driskall was like a 6th or 7th round projections, if not a UDFA. he has some skills but needs a lot of work type pick. I haven't looked recently, but I don't think he moved up that far to be a better prospect than some 2nd round type QB's.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One or two of these 4-5 QBs taken in rounds 2-4 will end up being better than at least one of Wentz ,Goff, or Lynch.

We just saw the top 3 QBs taken in 2012--Luck, RG3, Tannihill--and in round three Seattle get Russell Wilson.

It will happen

Agreed.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score

It will happen

Given a year or two to sit my money is on Brissett and Hackenberg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's what Ourlads says about the kid...

"A natural leader who is durable and tough. Poised, athletic, instinctive, and smart with good field vision. Has good vertical arm strength when called on to pass downfield.

Has a quick release with accuracy in the short and intermediate game. Shows accuracy on the move outside the pocket. Has good vision, always keeping his eyes down the field.

Despite his natural running ability, he is first a passer who moves well in the picket. This past fall the Bulldog line was a team weakness, yet Prescott answered the bell time and time again after being pressured and sacked, particularly versus Alabama and Mississippi.
With a new center, the shotgun snaps were all over the place, but the veteran quarterback handled the snaps calmly with no panic and played with confidence. Has a good football IQ that he transfers his knowledge to the field.

Smooth, easy, and effortless in his get away from center a the Combine and Senior Bowl. Had a string of 288 passes without an interception. Has all the physical tools and mental capabilities to make the transition to the NFL and earn a starting position. Second/Third round."

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
The Cowboys did a lot of work with him early, more than any other QB, but did not invite him for one of the official visits. So, they either decided that they did not like him or they have enough information on him and are trying to do a little misdirection. I tend to think its the later.

Unlike many on here that are top notch pro football scouts, I have no idea if he is going to be a good pro QB, but he has many of the things that I would look for If I was going to draft a QB in the mid rounds. He is not a guy that I would pick if we were looking for a guy to start in year one, but I think he could be ready to go after being Romo's underling for two or three years. I would be happy with picking him in the 3rd and would consider it a steal if we could get him in the 4th.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
excellent size 6'2 230, he's accurate. He would be a nice QB to groom for the future

D U I...before the draft....come on...6th or 7th round and treat em like dirt...if he does well for two years...and learns to grow up...you give him a shot...if not, toss em... It's strictly business....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
D U I...before the draft....come on...6th or 7th round and treat em like dirt...if he does well for two years...and learns to grow up...you give him a shot...if not, toss em... It's strictly business....

He had just spent the day hosting a football camp for 200 kids. The speeding is... speeding. He took two breathalyzer tests and both turned out inconclusive.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
so after all that you actually agree he is a late round talent.
bravo

Actually, "late round steal" implies better than late round talent. Brady was a late round steal also (not saying he's anything like Brady). "Steal" is the key word.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
There's been some talk of Denver taking him at the end of the 2nd. It wouldn't completely surprise me if Dallas moved up from their 3rd round pick to get ahead of Denver to take him.