Why not grab Baker Mayfield? Dak may not be the answer

basel90

Reaction score
Lol. Just stop dear. You're young age is showing. The more you post, the sillier you look. "Cincinnati"
you seem to be very emotionally invested in dak and immature. Cincinnati is a serious team that made it to the super bowl and was almost winning it a few months ago. But you seem to want to focus on how great dak is ?? please stop.

basel90

Reaction score
Ha, now you sound like Mickey! If he was so good why is he available. Prima Donna, how, were and when. You must be referencing OBJ, OBJ has been a cancer everywhere he has played, his father even had to pipe in for a grown azz man. Embarrassing but Mayfield is the problem, yeah right.
well said . At least Mayfield took a 1-36 team into the playoff within one season . Mayfield had a bad season due to injury and OBJ issues. But should come back better.
Dak is taking the cowboys on a downward trajectory.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yes when healthy he is better than dak , who i think has peaked and on the decline.
Have you watched mayfield lead the browns to a big win at the cowboys home turf ? or Mayfield win a playoff game on the road ( which dak does not have on his resume) , and i watched baker beat Joe Borough and cincinati at their stadium big time the year before. When healthy , he can be a bargain at 15-20 mil.
I shall no longer trust your judgement upon anything any longer.
I'm sorry mate.
You're too biased and irrational with little knowledge.
No offense. I still like you as a poster.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Perfect example of how you can't just say 'invest high capital in the QB position' and its some guarantee that it's going to work. Won't bore you with the list of overdrafted busts.

Even when you're lucky enough to be awful in a year when a supposed generational QB is coming out, it still may not work.

I'm not convinced Trevor Lawrence is the real deal, or even any good at all.

There just aren't that many good ones in existence, and why Prescott is our best bet for now, even at 40 per.

Theres no realistic justification for throwing him away and being awful until we get lucky upon lucky....maybe....and find another.

And exactly WHO is schooling a guy like Josh Allen who needs time and/or the right staff to get it right? Kellen Moore? LOL. Jerry's next hand picked genius/puppet?? Good one.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
If Baker Mayfield is the answer at quarterback then the question must be “which quarterback makes the best commercials.” Otherwise, you’re asking the wrong question.
giphy.gif

GINeric

Reaction score
I believe baker at a reasonable 15-20 million contract will be a far better option for the cowboys in the next 4-6 years than Dak .
Mayfield can ignite this offense and make better use of the receivers and OL we have .
Not to mention that dak has become injury prone, and has wild inconsistencies and slumps during the season.

So according to your logic... bring in Baker Mayfield who's a lesser talented and effective quarterback than Dak, who couldn't succeed with a great receiving corp, a great running back tandem and a pretty damn good offensive line... in place of Dak who's a much better quarterback. You're telling us to get worse at the position huh??? Smmfh....

Dak has one playoff win in his short career which is not good but..... Drew Brees and Peyton Manning had the same amount of playoff wins at this very point in their careers as Dak. Matthew Stafford didn't have any.

So again, according to your "general managerial skills" that means you would have been willing to part ways with Brees, Manning, and Stafford after just a few seasons because they didn't come out the gates slinging it like a HOF'er after 5 or 6 seasons??? They all only had one playoff win at this point in their careers, so you're replacing Brees, Manning, and Stafford for Mayfield, correct???

This isn't Madden career mode my man.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I wonder how much posters watch other players outside of the Cowboys. You not feeling Dak, that’s fine, but com’ on Baker Mayfield. :facepalm:

basel90

Reaction score
So according to your logic... bring in Baker Mayfield who's a lesser talented and effective quarterback than Dak, who couldn't succeed with a great receiving corp, a great running back tandem and a pretty damn good offensive line... in place of Dak who's a much better quarterback. You're telling us to get worse at the position huh??? Smmfh....

Dak has one playoff win in his short career which is not good but..... Drew Brees and Peyton Manning had the same amount of playoff wins at this very point in their careers as Dak. Matthew Stafford didn't have any.

So again, according to your "general managerial skills" that means you would have been willing to part ways with Brees, Manning, and Stafford after just a few seasons because they didn't come out the gates slinging it like a HOF'er after 5 or 6 seasons??? They all only had one playoff win at this point in their careers, so you're replacing Brees, Manning, and Stafford for Mayfield, correct???

This isn't Madden career mode my man.

Are you comparing dak to Drew Brees and Payton Manning, or Stafford ? Because if you do then you cannot be a realistic poster !!

Assuming you made a mistake on that comparison, your assumption that Dak is better than Baker Mayfield or other available talent that can be traded for , is showing too much confidence in Dak . Mayfield has a more recent playoff win , and on the road. Dak against Mayfield in Dalls ended wih Mayfield playing better than dak. You watch this coming season how dak will run out of excuses. Last season should have given us all the answers , especially against good team. Dak folds so quickly and cannot read defenses well. too many missed crucial throws . Baker never had the receiving talent Dak has had all his career .

basel90

Reaction score
I wonder how much posters watch other players outside of the Cowboys. You not feeling Dak, that’s fine, but com’ on Baker Mayfield. :facepalm:
You are blinded by the dak PR machine . Baker , when healthy can do much better than Dak. As Captain Crash said, put Dak in the Cleveland roster which went 1-36 before baker, and then make the comparison.
Dak has enjoyed playing in the NFC East, the worst division in the nfl , for too long . Nothing to show for it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You are blinded by the dak PR machine . Baker , when healthy can do much better than Dak. As Captain Crash said, put Dak in the Cleveland roster which went 1-36 before baker, and then make the comparison.
Dak has enjoyed playing in the NFC East, the worst division in the nfl , for too long . Nothing to show for it.

So when has Baker been healthy and what is your proof that he can do better than Dak when healthy? :huh:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This sounds like some shunnage is going on.
Eh. Maybe not that bad.
I'll read.
But this dude is sitting on his golden toilet and he's not going to stand up for anything.

basel90

Reaction score
So when has Baker been healthy and what is your proof that he can do better than Dak when healthy? :huh:
playoff win at Pittsburgh 2021 season , and almost beat the Chiefs away as well.
Not to mention i saw Dak vs Baker here in dallas in 2020.
I think at 15-20 mil a year, baker is worth a shot over a declining QB costing 42 Mil .

GINeric

Reaction score
Are you comparing dak to Drew Brees and Payton Manning, or Stafford ? Because if you do then you cannot be a realistic poster !!

Assuming you made a mistake on that comparison, your assumption that Dak is better than Baker Mayfield or other available talent that can be traded for , is showing too much confidence in Dak . Mayfield has a more recent playoff win , and on the road. Dak against Mayfield in Dalls ended wih Mayfield playing better than dak. You watch this coming season how dak will run out of excuses. Last season should have given us all the answers , especially against good team. Dak folds so quickly and cannot read defenses well. too many missed crucial throws . Baker never had the receiving talent Dak has had all his career .

I recall typing "at this point in their careers" Dak, Manning, and Brees only had ONE playoff win. Stafford had zero

I do recall typing "AT THAT POINT IN THEIR CAREERS", meaning after 5 or 6 seasons.... Dak, Peyton and Drew ALL only had one playoff win under their belt. Matt Stafford had ZERO wins.

So I wouldn't compare Dak to a seasoned Manning and Brees, but Stafford is right there with Dak. I'll give Stafford the edge for having a better deep ball, but shouldn't Stafford be much better than Dak than he is??? He's been in the NFL like 12 or 13 years. Dak has only played 5 full seasons... yep thats a fair comparison.

It is fair to compare each quarterback around their 5th season. The numbers don't lie. They had one playoff win just like Dak did.

plymkr

Reaction score

From Chris Mortenson-

Lol, ouch. Yeah we don't need immaturity on this team, especially at QB. The 10-15 million salary for a QB would be the only enticing aspect of this. But after Gregory and Collins on and off the field behavior we don't need immature, spoiled knuckleheads.