Why not grab Baker Mayfield? Dak may not be the answer

basel90

Reaction score
I dont know that you could get anyone to say CD or Cooper are more talented WR than OBJ, again he just won a ring as a real part of the offense that won.
OBj best days were over years ago . he has flashed but mostly you can stick a fork in him. attitude, drops. and wining . not the same receiver 5+ years ago .

basel90

Reaction score
and tannehill had good leadership skills, average QB skills. and wasn't a locker room cancer that created a toxic locker room. he is protected in Tenn. with good players, good run game, good defense and great head coach. he drives the bus, doesn't complain, doesn't throw his teammates under the bus. has good work ethic... none of which applies to baker.

a change to backup QB would work well for baker....he is about to be like a bouncing ball from team to team, rebuilding teams drafting their future QBs, back up on a good team just in case and slowly fade into oblivion of backup NFL Qbs, earning a pay check for a while....mayfield sucks. end of story. I would rather have Dalton than Mayfield for same price.
I disagree . OBJ was the toxic guy in the locker. but i know you like him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
1. He’s not better than Dak. I would argue he’s a big step down.
2. He’s a prima donna who rubs a lot of teammates the wrong way.
3. His reputation has often benefited from being surrounded by superior talent that made him look better than he is. (Like at OU where he was surrounded by NFL talent)
4. If he was so good, why have several of the teams who are desperate for a starting QB said no thanks or he’s too expensive?

For me- Mayfield would be a hard no thanks.

to be fair, his stats are pretty darn good.

and those are Cleveland stats.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I dont know that you could get anyone to say CD or Cooper are more talented WR than OBJ, again he just won a ring as a real part of the offense that won.

Cooper with Derek Carr looked exactly the same with Dak Prescott

Brandon Cooks looked exactly the same with Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Jared Goff

Deandre Hopkins looked the same with Brian Hoyer, Deshaun Watson, and Kyler Murray

Odell Beckham looked all-world with Eli Manning and then reverted to being a fringe starter with Baker Mayfield. And then suddenly returned to being a pro bowl caliber WR again with Matt Stafford. And we’re gonna say it’s Beckham?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:huh: huh?

what does money have to do with it....everything with you comes down to money.... so if a QB gets paid 1M per season. is your expectations that he could suck and its OK?

I don't follow your (lack of) line of logic......

what is it with you and your utter hatred of Dak....quite concerning. sounds, seems and comes across as very personal. I said it before and you keep showing signs of it being personal. why?

The Endzone has been looking for this man for 3 Quarters and nothing so far........
If you happen to spot him or his team scoring over 14 points against a playoff opponent in the above time frame please contact Mr. Jerry Jones ASAP!!!!

missing-in-action-mia.gif

dam-dak.gif

basel90

Reaction score
The Endzone has been looking for this man for 3 Quarters and nothing so far........
If you happen to spot him or his team scoring over 14 points against a playoff opponent in the above time frame please contact Mr. Jerry Jones ASAP!!!!

dam-dak.gif
Nailed it.:hammer: Hillarous :laugh:
Glad we have such close ups of Dak against good teams.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I disagree . OBJ was the toxic guy in the locker. but i know you like him.
he was and before him Mayfield was. mayfield wasn't the most likable guy and lacked leadership skills. however OBJ had great skills, so you could overlook some of the character issues. Mayfield is not talented, so he gets kicked to the curb

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

dam-dak.gif
huh? you are all over the place. ADHD I would assume? severe case of it at that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It hasnt been a good formula, but Im happy that the OL has a serious chance of improving, but still need a serious outlier, a physical threat, and CD, Zeke, Pollard and Schultz are pleasant threats I guess.
Nothing scary about this offense if Im a defensive coord.
There's been so much talk about how our o line was so highly rated. Not sure how. Who...on this o-line...did anyone fear?

Until we get at least one guy, preferably a guard.... that can play nasty without holding penalties, Zeke Pollard and Schultz won't be fearsome either.

Trucking pancaker.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Here are the two QBs competing for Seahawk's starting QB position........tells you all to need to know about Mayfield. Hell, you can argue his fall is worst than Wentz's.

Didnt Bridgewater beat Dak when he was with the Saints and Denver.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
so let me get it straight....moore is not that smart. OL is not that good. zeke sucks. but its all Dak's fault!.... because I hate Dak.... got it.
ok first I dont hate dak, he is just avg and boring.
I never said anything was daks fault. If he plays poorly for big parts of a game and they lose, then a big part of the blame can be put on him
for that game. It is a team game and coaches game plans game mgmt all come into play in losses or wins.

There are things in the kurt videos, that dak if smart should have noticed or wondered about, and then go to kellen and say hey
why are we doing this and not doing this. but no he just goes out there and executes the bonehead plays.
Then if they lose he says well I have to be better we have to be better lol and unless they can see their flaws they cant correct them so they cant
get better

DandyDon52

Reaction score
@dogunwo said:
Dak took a 4-12 team to the playoffs his 1st season. What's your point?

man I can believe you would say that lol
the cowboys at that time had been in playoffs in 2014 then 15 romo got hurt . so they went 4-12
all they needed was romo back, or rookie dak they had a good offense and meh defense

DandyDon52

Reaction score
we know what type of person he is. there is plenty of history. he is a whiner and points fingers. he lost the locker room and support of his teammates. we know he was so bad that cleveland had to give up draft picks and boat load of guaranteed money to a rapist who hasn't played in a year and maybe won't play this year, but cleveland would rather take that shot instead of mayfield. its all there. its not grass on the otherside being greener. mayfield sucks. no ifs, buts or thens.
well if all that is accurate, I would not want him.
As for watson,I would not want him either. I think he should have been suspended for 2 years

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Listen, I realize Dak divides Cowboys fans more than just about any quarterback the team has ever had.

But to argue they should get Baker Mayfield instead? :facepalm:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
ok first I dont hate dak, he is just avg and boring.
I never said anything was daks fault. If he plays poorly for big parts of a game and they lose, then a big part of the blame can be put on him
for that game. It is a team game and coaches game plans game mgmt all come into play in losses or wins.

There are things in the kurt videos, that dak if smart should have noticed or wondered about, and then go to kellen and say hey
why are we doing this and not doing this. but no he just goes out there and executes the bonehead plays.
Then if they lose he says well I have to be better we have to be better lol and unless they can see their flaws they cant correct them so they cant
get better
ok, now we are starting to agree. I agree Dak is not Elite and he needs strong supporting cast. nothing wrong with that, as there are only a handful of Elite QBs in the league at any one time. He is not Brady and never will be. not even close, so people saying Brady did this, Brady did that and Dak blah, is meaningless.

now can you win with him? yes, with the right cast. nothing wrong with that. plenty of former QBs who had to have a strong supporting cast to win, Ala Flacco, Wentz/Foles, Grossman, Trent Dilfer, Grapolo, Goff, kapernick and etc....and I am sure some one will say 160M...blah blah...but with that said, we have 25M on the cap this year and did nothing with it. so its not the contract...but the future the future, we can't do anythign 2 years from now....well, lets wait until we get there.

and I am sure Kurt can do the same video for about 25 other QBs in the league, maybe 28. so everyone is getting hung up on one Kurt video.

can you win because of Dak? rarely. can you win with him? yes. just need to have the right team...that's up to Jerry.

but the comment stands. if Moore Sucks, OL sucks, Zeke sucks. then what's with all Dak bashing? and only Dak bashing....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
ok, now we are starting to agree. I agree Dak is not Elite and he needs strong supporting cast. nothing wrong with that, as there are only a handful of Elite QBs in the league at any one time. He is not Brady and never will be. not even close, so people saying Brady did this, Brady did that and Dak blah, is meaningless.

now can you win with him? yes, with the right cast. nothing wrong with that. plenty of former QBs who had to have a strong supporting cast to win, Ala Flacco, Wentz/Foles, Grossman, Trent Dilfer, Grapolo, Goff, kapernick and etc....and I am sure some one will say 160M...blah blah...but with that said, we have 25M on the cap this year and did nothing with it. so its not the contract...but the future the future, we can't do anythign 2 years from now....well, lets wait until we get there.

and I am sure Kurt can do the same video for about 25 other QBs in the league, maybe 28. so everyone is getting hung up on one Kurt video.

can you win because of Dak? rarely. can you win with him? yes. just need to have the right team...that's up to Jerry.

but the comment stands. if Moore Sucks, OL sucks, Zeke sucks. then what's with all Dak bashing? and only Dak bashing....
people like to bash players, and the qb will always get a lot of bashing, I remember the romo bashing as well.
I like to bash dak a little, kellen , and elliot......o and the jones boys. I didnt like gregory so bashed him some, glad he is gone. same for connor W.

basel90

Reaction score
he was and before him Mayfield was. mayfield wasn't the most likable guy and lacked leadership skills. however OBJ had great skills, so you could overlook some of the character issues. Mayfield is not talented, so he gets kicked to the curb
i disagree