Why not grab Baker Mayfield? Dak may not be the answer

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The no trade clause is somewhat of a problem. The no tag clause is not. You don't want to have to tag a QB. It's paying way too much for one season. As far as the money goes, that hasn't been an issue yet. It will be down the road, and possibly as soon as next year. But so far it has not even been an issue as far as cap hit is concerned.
The no-trade clause is a joke also.
Just disgruntle the guy and he'll be ready to go.
You might be restricted a bit to his demands, but many here would be happy to see him go for pennies on the dollar.

Corso

Reaction score
nope. strongly disagree. Dak has driven this team backward . But many fans are drinking the jerry Kool Aid. You just watch another wasted 2 seasons coming up . Many WINNABLE games are lost because dak cannot read defenses and all the nfl defenses know how to beat him. Baker or garapolo and other should get a look and give this team a spark. But it won't happen with this FO.
Backward from where, exactly?

basel90

Reaction score
I diagree with you. fact is you have no insight into cleveland and evident from your very first post that you think GMs around the league wanting to stick to cleveland and are waiting on Mayfield.....just out of this world
you have been wrong on so many football issues and Dak is your biggest so far. the last 2 years you kept saying he is elite and worth every penny , go back and read your threads , then you backtracked , and now you are using excuses becasue Dak is on a downward spiral. Dak's strongest supporters have come out and said enough is enough . The excuses have to end.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of all the other ones. Kind of like an airplane graveyard.

basel90

Reaction score
Backward from where, exactly?
he has not won a playoff game for this team since 2019 !!! that is 4 years ago , elite QBs usually win more as they progress.
Dez is gone, Garrett is gone , amari is gone, defense vastly improved ,.. But we still have Dk (Mr Mediocre) and he now makes 42 million .
And you want to tell me this is progress ??

Corso

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of all the other ones. Kind of like an airplane graveyard.
You can find some really cool things in them there places.
Now I want to watch The Wraith.

tumblr_ox2b47HGhH1tr6ni8o5_500.gifv

Corso

Reaction score
he has not won a playoff game for this team since 2019 !!! that is 4 years ago , elite QBs usually win more as they progress.
Dez is gone, Garrett is gone , amari is gone, defense vastly improved ,.. But we still have Dk (Mr Mediocre) and he now makes 42 million .
And you want to tell me this is progress ??
You absolutely did not answer my question.
He has taken this team backward from where?
Prey, tell me.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Dez is gone, Garrett is gone , amari is gone, defense vastly improved ,.. But we still have Dk (Mr Mediocre) and he now makes 42 million . And you want to tell me this is progress ??
Name a qb that has overcome 10+ penalties to win a playoff game or SB. If there are any, that list is VERY small. But yea Dak is trash because he couldn't lol...

In the playoffs TEAMS have to minimize the mistakes and get out thier own way to win. The Cowboys didn't, so the Cowboys didn't win... simple as that.

Corso

Reaction score
Name a qb that has overcome 10+ penalties to win a playoff game or SB. If there are any, that list is VERY small. But yea Dak is trash because he couldn't lol...

In the playoffs TEAMS have to minimize the mistakes and get out thier own way to win. The Cowboys didn't, so the Cowboys didn't win... simple as that.
Talking to a ball-peen hammer that has direction.
There's no absorption in this one.

basel90

Reaction score
You absolutely did not answer my question.
He has taken this team backward from where?
Prey, tell me.
from winning playoff games in 2018 to not winning or making it since. All the while , his salary has grown enormously , impacting the cap and roster talent , with no plyoff win since 2018 seaon, that is regression don't you think. ? I wish Jerry would have traded him for better picks and yes a better QB when they had the salary dispute.

basel90

Reaction score

you can cherry pick reasons, and excuses for dak. He has failed to deliver and is not even rated in the top 3 on the cowboys roster by PFF. At 42 mil a year that is crazy bad.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
you can cherry pick reasons, and excuses for dak. He has failed to deliver and is not even rated in the top 3 on the cowboys roster by PFF. At 42 mil a year that is crazy bad.
When I ask for facts, you give me opinions. So I'll give you some of my own...

1. PFF's rating system hasn't been respected since they were founded, so quoting them holds no weight. They are only good for stats and trash takes. Actually at this point this is a fact.

2. Expecting a team play like a team and not get 14 penalties is not cherry picking, an excuse, or any other asinine reason you use to discount Dak's play.

Corso

Reaction score
from winning playoff games in 2018 to not winning or making it since. All the while , his salary has grown enormously , impacting the cap and roster talent , with no plyoff win since 2018 seaon, that is regression don't you think. ? I wish Jerry would have traded him for better picks and yes a better QB when they had the salary dispute.
Ha ha ha ha! Winning playoff games in '18?
With him? How has this team regressed?
How many playoff wins has this team had before him?
Where is the regression you claim?
You must have been in a coma and woke up reading Alex Jones.

basel90

Reaction score
When I ask for facts, you give me opinions. So I'll give you some of my own...

1. PFF's rating system hasn't been respected since they were founded, so quoting them holds no weight. They are only good for stats and trash takes. Actually at this point this is a fact.

2. Expecting a team play like a team and not get 14 penalties is not cherry picking, an excuse, or any other asinine reason you use to discount Dak's play.
give me facts that dak is ascending and not descending , taking in consideration the one main numerical fact : 1 playoff win in 6 years , and that win took place in the 2018 season. How can you gloss over that fact. Heck , baker has a more recent playoff win on the road, while playing at a more diffficult division.
Garoppolo probably also has much better achievements than dak and he is also available.

basel90

Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha! Winning playoff games in '18?
With him? How has this team regressed?
How many playoff wins has this team had before him?
Where is the regression you claim?
You must have been in a coma and woke up reading Alex Jones.
So you consider the 4 year playoff drought at progress. i see your funny logic . LOL

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I believe baker at a reasonable 15-20 million contract will be a far better option for the cowboys in the next 4-6 years than Dak .
Mayfield can ignite this offense and make better use of the receivers and OL we have .
Not to mention that dak has become injury prone, and has wild inconsistencies and slumps during the season.

I swear Comedy Central misses some of this high brow hilarity people post here. Adult Swim ain't got nothing on some of you people.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
give me facts that dak is ascending and not descending , taking in consideration the one main numerical fact : 1 playoff win in 6 years , and that win took place in the 2018 season. How can you gloss over that fact. Heck , baker has a more recent playoff win on the road, while playing at a more diffficult division.
Garoppolo probably also has much better achievements than dak and he is also available.
You know, I was thinking about a rebuttal... but I just can't keep this up with you. You think Baker is a better qb, and is better for the Cowboys than Dak... that's just bargain basement football IQ, you got it.

Last edited:

exciter

Reaction score
I believe baker at a reasonable 15-20 million contract will be a far better option for the cowboys in the next 4-6 years than Dak .
Mayfield can ignite this offense and make better use of the receivers and OL we have .
Not to mention that dak has become injury prone, and has wild inconsistencies and slumps during the season.
Uh, because it’s abundantly clear Mayfield ain’t the answer to anything lol!