Why not Josh Rosen?

Mookie

Reaction score
He was an amazing college player and a first round pick who has experience as a backup. Why not Josh Rosen, why would we sign that other guy who seems incapable of keeping the offense in the games. I'm very confused. Sometimes the most obvious choices are exactly what this team doesn't do.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for that other kid, and I hope he makes it.

Verdict

Reaction score
He was an amazing college player and a first round pick who has experience as a backup. Why not Josh Rosen, why would we sign that other guy who seems incapable of keeping the offense in the games. I'm very confused. Sometimes the most obvious choices are exactly what this team doesn't do.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for that other kid, and I hope he makes it.
I think Rosen is most likely the cancer of all cancers. I guess you could bring him in on a minimum contract and ride the season out with him and hope some team signs him away next season in free agency. But I think that cat has serious issues from what little bit I have seen.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I would get Rosen in a heartbeat and right now. He can play. I judge talent very different from the Dallas Cowboys FO. Not sure if that's a good thing. Dallas - Jerry Jones and his Son have a very good track record in evaluating talent we can see that over the years.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Because he is not good and mentally weak!

I don’t know much about his college career. All I know is that I saw a game at UCLA where he consistently audibles to run a draw on anything over 3rd and 5. It was terrible and basically showed me how frightened he was—all I needed to know about him!

Jipper

Reaction score
Two words , here I’ll put them in red

Andy Dalton

Cmac

Reaction score
C'mon Man! There's a reason he would be available.

John813

Reaction score
He was really behind on how to read a defense.

Some thing else is up too. Pre draft he is a top half 1st round QB. Goes top 10, and has some struggles on a bad team. Arizona couldn't find a team to trade him to until the Dolphins bid against themselves.

Plays a bit for Miami. struggles but showed some upside while the team was bad all around him. Gets benched, the end. No team offers even a conditional pick for a QB who Miami just paid a 1.4mil roster bonus to. And only has 3.8 mil left in base over 2 years.
2 years after being a 10th overall pick there is no market for him. None.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rosen is flopping b/c he's too frail for NFL football and guys don't respond to him in the huddle. He's not a leader at this level. Dalton can do this. Heck , he's already engineered a 4th quarter comeback.