Why not Josh Rosen?

HotDog37

Reaction score
I agree, and that can work in the NFL, consider that the Saints were perennially awful before Brees got there and he hides a lot of their org's issues. You shouldn't bank on that, but it can work.
Aside from looking for longshots on the waiver wire to practice squad stash, this team doesn't really have the resources to dedicate to a QB search, there are far too many issues on the defense to do that.
I could live with parting with a 7th or 6th, I guess.

Daton and Rosen would not be Rogers and Love initially - obviously. So what would you have? Dalton 5 years younger than Rogers and can play. Rosen still very young and has real talent. You have a legit WCO head coach in MM all he needs to to is 86 KM (sorry Kellen but Garretts offense has to go) and it needs to be a real WCO. About the defense you can see from our last game that we actually have some players, and you can also see that some of our former players performing much better in a different defensive scheme on other teams. Maybe Nolan needs to find a way to get these boys to be in position with better tackling angles and better coverage and drill it in practice.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
Daton and Rosen would not be Rogers and Love initially - obviously. So what would you have? Dalton 5 years younger than Rogers and can play. Rosen still very young and has real talent. You have a legit WCO head coach in MM all he needs to to is 86 KM (sorry Kellen but Garretts offense has to go) and it needs to be a real WCO. About the defense you can see from our last game that we actually have some players, and you can also see that some of our former players performing much better in a different defensive scheme on other teams. Maybe Nolan needs to find a way to get these boys to be in position with better tackling angles and better coverage and drill it in practice.
This situation is also banking on the idea that Rosen wants to leave the Bucs PS. MM is a legit HC but you don't get the tutelage of Tom Brady.
Consider that Bortles got signed off of the street before him for the Broncos.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Strong arm doesn't 'mean jack in the NFL anymore. You have to think fast, be mobile in the pocket, be somewhat accurate, be head strong (especially in Dallas, you have to be VERY head strong because of dumb fans and media/expectations etc).
Fans will love you one day, and turn evil on you the next day.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
Strong arm doesn't 'mean jack in the NFL anymore. You have to think fast, be mobile in the pocket, be somewhat accurate, be head strong (especially in Dallas, you have to be VERY head strong because of dumb fans and media/expectations etc).
Do you really think these multimillionaires care what fans think? I doubt most even read their social media.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Do you really think these multimillionaires care what fans think? I doubt most even read their social media.
Maybe you don't understand the pressure of being the in the best position on any sports team in the world. We'll see how these guys do.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I think Rosen would come here absolutely to play under MM, as long as Jerry allows MM to be MM and do it his way

Quite true. Check out 1:21

GMO415

Reaction score
Chosen is a fellow Bosco Brave Brother. With that said, I'd take him for a backup but I doubt Tampa would let him walk.

Flamma

Reaction score
Fitzy is playing well.

He's actually not a bad QB given the right circumstances. I'd actually rather have him over dalton. He makes some horrible decisions under pressure, but I think the Cowboys are oddly suited for his talents

Ren

Reaction score
Because he’s awful I would assume, he’s still on his 1st round deal as well so he’d be very expensive for a QB 3 with very little upside at this point

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's actually not a bad QB given the right circumstances. I'd actually rather have him over dalton. He makes some horrible decisions under pressure, but I think the Cowboys are oddly suited for his talents
I disagree. Fitz is the last guy you want on a team that can't get turnovers or stop anyone.

Flamma

Reaction score
I disagree. Fitz is the last guy you want on a team that can't get turnovers or stop anyone.

If you give him the wide receivers and a clean pocket he can light it up. He seems to struggle getting the ball out against 2 deep. A decent run game should make up for that. That's why I said we're suited for him.

This team needs to score and score a lot. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend an oft reckless quarterback.

SSoup

Reaction score
The coaching of certain programs definitely has something to do with it. UCLA LBs are one recently and some schools flat out just don't produce certain positions good.
https://www.cleveland.com/sports/g66l-2019/01/ca3dff2ec14808/where-ohio-state-quarterbacks.html
Look at this, plus Haskins just getting benched lol.

Juju also has had one good year so far, he was a huge fantasy bust last year but we will see what he can do now that pig pen is healthy and he's the #1 WR on that O now.
This is a silly way of judging players and prospects. And anyone dumb enough to fall into this trap inevitably misses out on great players because of it.

Like, if you said, "Penn State RBs are all busts. Blair Thomas, KiJana Carter, Curtis Enis? No thanks." And then Larry Johnson came along and had 1700-yard, 20-TD seasons while you look like an idiot.

Or if you said, "Man, Jeff Tedford's QBs are always busts. Trent Dilfer was lousy. Akili Smith, AJ Feeley, Joey Harrington? Kyle Boller? David Carr? None of them were good starters. Never draft a Jeff Tedford quarterback." And then you passed on Aaron Rodgers and you look like an all-time idiot.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
This is a silly way of judging players and prospects. And anyone dumb enough to fall into this trap inevitably misses out on great players because of it.

Like, if you said, "Penn State RBs are all busts. Blair Thomas, KiJana Carter, Curtis Enis? No thanks." And then Larry Johnson came along and had 1700-yard, 20-TD seasons while you look like an idiot.

Or if you said, "Man, Jeff Tedford's QBs are always busts. Trent Dilfer was lousy. Akili Smith, AJ Feeley, Joey Harrington? Kyle Boller? David Carr? None of them were good starters. Never draft a Jeff Tedford quarterback." And then you passed on Aaron Rodgers and you look like an all-time idiot.
I'm not a scout for a reason, man. I get it.

bewp7

Reaction score
no thanks!

u think if the cardinals thought for a second he could be a franchise qb they wouldnt take bosa? or the dolphins take who ever instead of tua? people can talk about him being put in bad situatons but maybe he just stinks.