Why not Josh Rosen?

basel90

Reaction score
Is he better than DiNucci?
Not sure . But I have followed Rosen carefully . He makes terrible decisions, and is slow in processing defenses . Ironically Similar to some Dak issues with pressing defenses .

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It is what he was arguing , Seems you’re a Quicu carter or Dak slobbered .

No he was arguing he's a better option than Garrett Gilbert, which you somehoa still don't understand.

Seems "Dak slobberers" are much more intelligent than the alternative.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Cos he stinks.

Tell us how you really think :)
Yes, he stinks or he would not be on the practice squad.

He has had the QB whisperer Arians in his ear for two months. So maybe he can now read a defense.

Real question is if he is better than DiNucci or this Gilbert from Clev Practice squad at this time.

Although, pretty pointless to even think about whether 4th string Rosen is better than Gilbert. Would not really matter if we are left with those two for QB. Just need a camp arm and an insurance policy if the virus rears it’s ugly head.

Personally, I think Gilbert is the better choice over Rosen.

Carson

Reaction score
Unless it is Penn State RBs. They all bust :D

I feel the same way about Ohio State QBs and Florida Receivers.

I am sure there are a handful of guys (Ike Hilliard comes to mind) who produced from there. But it always seems they are the next big thing. I remember guys like Chad Jackson, Percy Harvin we’re going to be elite consistent pro bowl guys lol. Granted, Harvins issues were migraines and not his talent.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
I think Ohio State QBs are overdrafted because they are nearly always surrounded by better talent than their opposition so a lot of stuff gets hidden.

mldardy

Reaction score
He was an amazing college player and a first round pick who has experience as a backup. Why not Josh Rosen, why would we sign that other guy who seems incapable of keeping the offense in the games. I'm very confused. Sometimes the most obvious choices are exactly what this team doesn't do.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for that other kid, and I hope he makes it.
No he wasn't.

cowboyec

Reaction score
im not trading away any picks for a 3rd string QB.
Dak will be our starter in 2021 & beyond.
keep those picks and let Big Mc FINALLY draft some beef in the middle or a S.

Carson

Reaction score
im not trading away any picks for a 3rd string QB.
Dak will be our starter in 2021 & beyond.
keep those picks and let Big Mc FINALLY draft some beef in the middle or a S.

Where I do agree with your points and are all valid.

But we have a butt load of picks and not all will make the team

cowboyec

Reaction score
Where I do agree with your points and are all valid.

But we have a butt load of picks and not all will make the team
true.
but im still not gonna trade for QB3 when we can just sign one and keep those picks...maybe to move up for a player we like.
if Dalton wasn't the back-up...then sure.
but with a good back-up QB...i role with the bengal and keep my picks.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Imagine Dalton and Rosen. Trade Nooch and another player for Rosen. Ride Dalton. MM develops Rosen. You then have a QB stable (just like Green Bay and SF had for years) and you don't really have to worry about a mandate to pay Dak because of twitter feeds and NFL players trying to force the issue. What you want is real QB competition. What you do not want is to be boxed in with Dak. Let the best man win.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
Imagine Dalton and Rosen. Trade Nooch and another player for Rosen. Ride Dalton. MM develops Rosen. You then have a QB stable (just like Green Bay and SF had for years) and you don't really have to worry about a mandate to pay Dak because of twitter feeds and NFL players trying to force the issue. What you want is real QB competition. What you do not want is to be boxed in with Dak. Let the best man win.
That works in theory, but ask yourself, do you really think that Dalton and Rosen are comparable to Rodgers and Love? The issue of meaningful snaps in practice also comes up.

By the way, does the community ownership of GB actually mean anything? They always moaned and groaned about their management but still manage to stay competitive. Is it just a bauble for diehards or do they actually have power?:huh:

HotDog37

Reaction score
Rogers is - talent wise the best I have ever seen throw a football. What you want to to try to develop players and get OUT of the mantra of emotional attachments to players locking yourself in and you always want to be looking for the next Rogers, Manning, Elway, Wilson (without the attitude). I realize that's asking a lot but you have to start with the correct approach to football and to developing players sans too much emotional attachment.

CorpusChristiCowboy

Reaction score
Rogers is - talent wise the best I have ever seen throw a football. What you want to to try to develop players and get OUT of the mantra of emotional attachments to players locking yourself in and you always want to be looking for the next Rogers, Manning, Elway, Wilson (without the attitude). I realize that's asking a lot but you have to start with the correct approach to football and to developing players sans too much emotional attachment.
I agree, and that can work in the NFL, consider that the Saints were perennially awful before Brees got there and he hides a lot of their org's issues. You shouldn't bank on that, but it can work.
Aside from looking for longshots on the waiver wire to practice squad stash, this team doesn't really have the resources to dedicate to a QB search, there are far too many issues on the defense to do that.
I could live with parting with a 7th or 6th, I guess.