Why not trade Dak?

Saltycowboy

Reaction score
I’m all for moving on from Dak and accept that it will involve some pain. What I am confused about is why wouldn’t they Cowboys trade him? they could’ve picked up someone like Fields for the cheap to get us through the season while having more draft ammunition.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's try this one more time................

No Teams esp after this draft QB rich Draft is willing to give INEPTO PRESCOTT the money he wants.
How many teams after this draft will need Dak and truly believe he is worth 50+ million a year?
ZERO or they would have traded him already!

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
No trade clause in his contract. Doesn’t make it impossible but makes it difficult if Dak doesn’t want out.
They really did get fleeced with that contract. From Dak's perspective, why agree to a trade when you can ball out for one year and get the big contract with a team of your choosing? Free agency=more money, more choice.

He really does have the Joneses in a corner.

Swagger

Reaction score
They really did get fleeced with that contract. From Dak's perspective, why agree to a trade when you can ball out for one year and get the big contract with a team of your choosing? Free agency=more money, more choice.

Flip side of the coin he tears his ACL then he's definitely done in Dallas.

There will still be some desperate bad mug teams in for him but he would be damaged goods resulting in a significant discount.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Agree completely. It very well could be dak that isn’t in any hurray to get to the negotiating table and not the other way around. Either way it just doesn’t feel like there is a path to getting something done in my opinion. This close why would dak not explore free agency unless jerry gets fleeced again?

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The only one in the Corner is Dak!
He's got a team that doesn't believe in him(right CD Mama's) and playing on a lame duck last year contract which raises the pressures to the moon and lesser talent to work with.
Ball out............ :muttley:....Bud wake up the NFC East will be better (esp D.C.) and we have a 1st place schedule with not many dogs this coming season.
The only Ball Out will be you and all the Dak Davidians in tears watching their idol self-destruct for all the world to see once again!!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Flip side of the coin he tears his ACL then he's definitely done in Dallas.

There will still be some desperate bad mug teams in for him but he would be damaged goods resulting in a significant discount.
That sounds exactly like a guy jerry would target

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Because his value is never going to be higher than what it is right now. He's not making a deep playoff run this year if we even make the playoffs. He's not taking them to a Super Bowl. He can only harm his free agent value if he plays this year because it's not going to get any better than it did last year facing a much tougher defensive schedule.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No trade clause in his contract. Doesn’t make it impossible but makes it difficult if Dak doesn’t want out.
The issue with a NTC isn’t whether Dak wants out, it’s his control of which team to go to. Tell him he’s getting no more money in Dallas and he’s not welcome anymore… then show him the list of teams offering 5/300m and he’ll be happy to wave the no trade clause.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If hes as good as some say....a trade should be easy.
Hes either not good enough, or not worth the contract. If its not goid for other teams....why iz it good for us?

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
No trade clause. I like Dak, but nobody else is stupid enough to pay him 60m a year. Been saying it, he’s a really really good “Bus Driver QB”. That’s it! Not good enough to raise talent around him. I don’t care about the “MVP votes”. Allowing him to test Free Agency is best. If you want him back in 2025, you probably get him at a discount when his agent sees very limited options.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No trade clause. I like Dak, but nobody else is stupid enough to pay him 60m a year. Been saying it, he’s a really really good “Bus Driver QB”. That’s it! Not good enough to raise talent around him. I don’t care about the “MVP votes”. Allowing him to test Free Agency is best. If you want him back in 2025, you probably get him at a discount when his agent sees very limited options.
Trust me they won't want him back even for a $ 1 contract.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If hes as good as some say....a trade should be easy.
Hes either not good enough, or not worth the contract. If its not goid for other teams....why iz it good for us

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m all for moving on from Dak and accept that it will involve some pain. What I am confused about is why wouldn’t they Cowboys trade him? they could’ve picked up someone like Fields for the cheap to get us through the season while having more draft ammunition.
he has a no trade clause. the only way would be if he agreed to a trade. the other team would have to take on his cash portion of the salary, with the concern that he is only under contract for one year, so there may have to be a contract agreement. in that situation what do you expect to get for a player, who is 30, one year contract? what would you pay if you were in a similar situation?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
he has a no trade clause. the only way would be if he agreed to a trade. the other team would have to take on his cash portion of the salary, with the concern that he is only under contract for one year, so there may have to be a contract agreement. in that situation what do you expect to get for a player, who is 30, one year contract? what would you pay if you were in a similar situation?
The terms of the contract extension with the new team would be hammered out and agreed to before he agreed to waive the NTC