Why not trade Dak?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Let's try this one more time................

No Teams esp after this draft QB rich Draft is willing to give INEPTO PRESCOTT the money he wants.
How many teams after this draft will need Dak and truly believe he is worth 50+ million a year?
ZERO or they would have traded him already!
We don't even believe he's worth that much lol why would they

Redline360

Reaction score
1. Dak would have to accept a trade

2. Will never get anything remotely close to what Dallas will offer

3. No accountability

4. Endorsements for being the Dallas Cowboys QB

5. Still sells enough Jerseys and keeps the team "relevant " enough to continue the money printing press

6. Jerry and Stephen accept regular season success as there superbowl

You think Dak would move on from a country club culture that pays him ridiculous amounts of money plus the endorsement opportunities with owners who are happy with regular season success. Dude won the life jackpot x10

Majority of the fans, mouth breathing click bait talk heads, and players know he's not it.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Please don’t let him get hurt, let him fall on his face like we all would’ve seen long ago without the weapons he had. He’s been through a great oline, pissed it away. Been through two great wide receivers and plenty at number 2 for every season outside last, an elite rb that helped him hide his mistakes. He’s really not as good as everyone thinks, garbage time stats are real and eye test is real. Gassing your defense in real and excuses aren’t working anymore. Hopefully he doesn’t get hurt and we can all see reality that no one is going to pay him what he thinks and it’s not bc he had an injury. This is pure greed and exactly what he did the last time. He’s hamstring the team, he’s all me over team. Take care dak, too bad you suck when the games on the line, playoffs, and you’re just not clutch

visionary

Reaction score
I’m all for moving on from Dak and accept that it will involve some pain. What I am confused about is why wouldn’t they Cowboys trade him? they could’ve picked up someone like Fields for the cheap to get us through the season while having more draft ammunition.
Thank you for waking up

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dose of reality for some in here that continue to say the cap means nothing..this is what happens when you continue to renegotiate players contracts every year to clear cap space..DEAD CAP HELL!!

JBS

Reaction score

No Teams esp after this draft QB rich Draft is willing to give INEPTO PRESCOTT the money he wants.
How many teams after this draft will need Dak and truly believe he is worth 50+ million a year?
This is absolutely wrong

Strykerscm

Reaction score
There’s a whole army on this dumb site that say Dak is the man and a top 3 qb. Why the heck aren’t teams beating the doors down for his talents?

Swagger

Reaction score
Because his value is never going to be higher than what it is right now. He's not making a deep playoff run this year if we even make the playoffs. He's not taking them to a Super Bowl. He can only harm his free agent value if he plays this year because it's not going to get any better than it did last year facing a much tougher defensive schedule.
Plus increased potential of serious injury without Tyron Smith at left tackle.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
They really did get fleeced with that contract. From Dak's perspective, why agree to a trade when you can ball out for one year and get the big contract with a team of your choosing? Free agency=more money, more choice.

He really does have the Joneses in a corner.
They are tearing down this team, and there is no guarantee Dak can put up the same numbers next year. Are we sure his level of play will continue next year with the state of the personnel on the team, and knowing his time is up? This is Dak under pressure.....If I were him I waive the no-trade and agree to one with a team willing to extend now. If there is even such a franchise out there that buy into him

Flamma

Reaction score
Look, if Kirk Cousins can get 45 million a year with 100 million guaranteed, don't you think Dak could get 45-50 in the open market? Some idiot team will be willing to pay it.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They are tearing down this team, and there is no guarantee Dak can put up the same numbers next year. Are we sure his level of play will continue next year with the state of the personnel on the team, and knowing his time is up? This is Dak under pressure.....If I were him I waive the no-trade and agree to one with a team willing to extend now. If there is even such a franchise out there that buy into him
This is a fair point. Honestly if Lamb were to miss time I can't see Dak (or any QB) doing much with the offense in its current state.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes. This is the one thing that bothers me.

I am fine with the FO deciding to rebuild and start new.

Keeping Dak for one more year makes zero sense. You’re not putting a team around him that is championship caliber. So what’s the point? Trade him. Let Lance start and see what he has.

Then next year you either draft a QB or Lance shows a lot of promise and you try to rebuild around him.

Keeping Dak for one more season makes NO sense if you aren’t going to be aggressive and try to actually go “all in” to build a championship roster around him.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

INEPTO!! You crack me up! You actually make a good point, your delivery makes it so only the Anti Daksters will give you a like. I won't put your laughing dog this time, since you made a good point.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
This is a fair point. Honestly if Lamb were to miss time I can't see Dak (or any QB) doing much with the offense in its current state.
We have one WR, no RB1, and more questions than answers on our OL. Our LB crew? Diggs coming off his injury...Is Bland the real deal? Have we fixed our run D? One of our draft picks is in Rd2.....this team is a total mess on both sides of the ball and if I am Dak I want out before my next contract is up

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
There’s a whole army on this dumb site that say Dak is the man and a top 3 qb. Why the heck aren’t teams beating the doors down for his talents?
Because in 12 months they can negotiate with him and if they outbid all other interested teams they get him and give the Cowboys nothing. Cowboys are left with dealing with the cap hit they created mishandling his, and other contracts. Dak’s agent is vastly more adept, obviously, negotiating player contracts. He knows his client is worth more as a free agent than he is as a candidate to acquire via trade. Four or five teams will be starting rookie QBs this season. All of them hope their QB is the “real deal” and they can enjoy a starting QB on a rookie deal for another four years. At least one of those QBs will prove he’s not that. Other teams are in a position to move on from their current QB, Saints, Giants, Seahawks, after the 2024 season. France has a duty to get his client into the best negotiating position as possible. Free agency is it. His efforts on Dak’ behalf will be scrutinized by his employer and potential future clients. And any negotiation must, by rule, go through the agent. Cowboys are prohibited from discussing contract with Dak Prescott. Jerry Jones is not a very good GM and his son is worse. It’s not a job to them, it’s a birthright, and they get taken advantage of because they allow their feelings to play a role in their judgement.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

I doubt it. Based on what they've done so far, seems like they are fine allowing status quo to continue instead of making waves with trades. I doubt they have explored his trade much at all. They also don't have a fallback yet. I'm guessing they want a full TC with Trey Lance to see what they have. Dak is guaranteed a Kirk Cousins type contract next year. News people are saying he has all the leverage, but we'll see.... 30+ mobile QB who just got some of his mobility back and can't win the big games. Wonder if he'll end up regretting not taking whatever the Cowboys were offering, especially if he gets hurt again? Going back to OP, I would just trade him now. Tank the season. I'm fine if Lance looks like the same trash he was in San Francisco, because at least I know the team finally gets a true franchise talent at QB the next year. Dak has peaked, team has peaked to its Playoff potential with him as leader, why hold on?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The terms of the contract extension with the new team would be hammered out and agreed to before he agreed to waive the NTC
and that's a very long shot. there has to be a market and already in FA teams signed QBs. teams at the top of the draft wouldn't trade given they are either rebuilding and plan to draft. that leaves the market to potentially just a few teams that would have to be a willing partner to give a 55-60M contract, multiple years to a 30 year old QB. the only teams that would fit that scenario are , Raiders, Vikings, Titans.
and what would we get in return? there is no way any team would pay a 1st or 2nd round pick. too valuable and none of those team are really ready to compete. plus the massive cap hit we would have to take if the trade happens, which is around 80M.

its just not a realistic scenario.

Motorola

Reaction score
Likely not no, good for his brand more so monetarily than any other team, however if he did decide to leave he’d have options to get paid the money he wants from football by other teams
If the highly unlikely scenario the Cowboys don't extend Prescott, or he wants to leave the team (rescinds his NTC)... his home state team should beckon him with open arms.
Since 2021- first season ADB____ After Drew Brees - the Saints have been really underachieving = a big disappointment in the sorry NFC South Division .

Last edited: