Twitter: Why our offense has been more effective lately

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Cooper Rush has been excellent and it’s been a definite blessing to the team. He’s keeping us afloat until QB1 returns but I think this conversation from ESPN (if all places) digs into why our offense is working despite not having our starting QB.

Thoughts?

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Cooper Rush has been excellent and it’s been a definite blessing to the team. He’s keeping us afloat until QB1 returns but I think this conversation from ESPN (if all places) digs into why our offense is working despite not having our starting QB.

Thoughts?

Do you mean the first game or last season. The first game every one under proformed. Last season Dak was recovering from injury

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
The offense isn’t working. They’re 26th in the NFL.
Nah. Effective in this case is scoring enough points to win the game. I’m not one of the those fans arguing that the 26th ranked offense is somehow better than the #1 ranked offense from last year because we are playing our backup QB. No way. I look at it as, playing from under center more will get teams out those 2 high safety looks and will provide QB1 with more exploitable defensive looks when he returns.

BUT…I think the Cowboys should hold off on putting him back on the field until he can take snaps under center with that thumb.

The offense will look just as crappy as parts of last year and week 1 of this year if we are in shotgun every play when Dak returns.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
We beat one team with a winning record.

We are 4 weeks into the season. One loss from the Cowboys will make you a .500 or under .500 team. We also played two division opponents. Those aren’t gimmies because they are built to beat you.

Let’s see if the Bengals or Rams finish under .500 this year before we criticize the competition.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We are 4 weeks into the season. One loss for the Cowboys will make you a .500 or under .500 team. We also played two division opponents. Those aren’t gimmies because they are built to beat you.

Let’s see if the Bengals or Rams finish under .500 this year before we criticize the competition.
Simple sarcasm.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I see that now.

I still think Rush has been impressive as hell. He’s not better than Dak though.

I agree, I think Rush and the offense as long as they stay ahead of the chains they can put together good drives. Anytime we fall behind the chains looking at long yardage situation they are more than willing to punt the ball and put it in the hands of defense. As Jimmy once said winning a game is not always about who makes the most plays it is the team who can avoid critical mistakes. Right now the offense has avoided big mistakes.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I agree, I think Rush and the offense as long as they stay ahead of the chains they can put together good drives. Anytime we fall behind the chains looking at long yardage situation they are more than willing to punt the ball and put it in the hands of defense. As Jimmy once said winning a game is not always about who makes the most plays it is the team who can avoid critical mistakes. Right now the offense has avoided big mistakes.
Rush threw 2 picks last week.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Thoughts?

There’s one reason and one reason only. Balance play calling

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep. And there were folks in the zone here suggesting that he somehow knew those flags had been thrown before lofting those lollipops into coverage and getting picked off.

We caught some serious breaks last week.
I think I heard one of the commentators suggest that possibility on one of the picks, though I disagree.