Why Romo???

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
QB's get too much credit when their team wins

And too much blame when they lose

But at end of day the great QB's win the big games. I have lofty expectations for Romo. Don't accept big game losses as ok.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1905497 said:
The media and fans are always looking for storylines that they can simplify things. Romo hasn't been the reason why Dallas lost these past two games, but it's easier and simpler to give the storyling of "he can't win the big one." They do that all of the time.

It's ridiculous that he's getting blamed though. A lot of people sort of neglect the two drops by Fasano and Crayton. He actually made two great plays (the Crayton drop was spectacular) and if he gets those two catches then Dallas probably wins and he goes away having played well. But because there were two drops that were no way his fault, it's a different story.

YAKUZA

It's the nature of the N.F.L. you're just gonna have to get use to it. The botton line is Tony Romo had the football in his hands with a chance to win the football game and he simply couldn't make the clutch play to seal the victory. Elite superstar qb's die to be in the situation tony was in. If he can't deal with any amount of the blame then he shouldn't be playing playoff football in the first place.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Nors;1905508 said:

But at end of day the great QB's win the big games. I have lofty expectations for Romo. Don't accept big game losses as ok.
No one said we're accepting it as ok. Nor are we prematurely labeling him.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Nors;1905508 said:

You always accepted it when Bledsoe lost and gave him way too much credit when his teams won. Romo has played better in his two playoff appearances than Bledsoe ever played in any of his.

superpunk

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;1905497 said:
(the Crayton drop was spectacular)

There's no other way to describe the manner in which he got that pass off, and ON THE BUTTON to Crayton. Even more incredible was the fact that Crayton dropped such a beautiful ball.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1904721 said:
Hos I didn't mean to come across rude about the upcoming draft and everything but this loss really got under my skin dude...

I read all you wrote.....looked like the truth to me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1905900 said:
I read all you wrote.....looked like the truth to me.
Then you didn't read what he's talking about, because it wasn't an opinion upon which there is truth or flasehood established.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors;1905448 said:
I know football, Lets revisit Henson/Romo debate?

Fact is Romo is catching flack for not winning the big games. That is how QB's are caste.

Deny that for all you want. At some point Romo needs to win a big game to get the monkey off his back nationally perception wise.
You really don't want to revisit old debates with me Nors. I've long since moved on from the Henson vs. Romo stuff. We've debated dozens and dozens of topics. You hang your hat on one topic where you were right? I don't.

A long time ago I proved you didn't know football when I asked you to tell me whether Tony Dorsett was better at Draw plays or Delays. You thought that question was "1970's trivia." It wasn't. It was in fact a legitimate football question with a very obvious answer that you had no clue about.

You just claimed this.

Nors said:
He looked out of his element and uncomfortable all game long.
"All game long?" Really Nors? Either you didn't watch the first half, do not comprehend the adjustments made by the Giants in the 2nd half, are still stuck on your Pro-Drew Bledsoe/anti-Tony Romo agenda, or haven't got a clue. You can decide which one it is and confess it to the whole world if you want to. I've already made up my mind what it is and proved it dozens of times over the years.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hostile;1905956 said:
You really don't want to revisit old debates with me Nors. I've long since moved on from the Henson vs. Romo stuff. We've debated dozens and dozens of topics. You hang your hat on one topic where you were right? I don't.

A long time ago I proved you didn't know football when I asked you to tell me whether Tony Dorsett was better at Draw plays or Delays. You thought that question was " 1970's trivia." It wasn't. It was in fact a legitimate football question with a very obvious answer that you no clue about.

You just claimed this.

"All game long?" Really Nors? Either you didn't watch the first half, do not comprehend the adjustments made by the Giants in the 2nd half, are still stuck on your Pro-Drew Bledsoe/anti-Tony Romo agenda, or haven't got a clue. You can decide which one it is and confess it to the whole world if you want to. I've already made up my mind what it is and proved it dozens of times over the years.

"Where's your boy Henson?", Nors replied in typical fashion.