Why should fans believe in this executive leadership?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Serious question hoping for serious, thoughtful answers:
  • Why should ANY Dallas Cowboys fan have any hope of winning a championship again with Jerry and his family in charge?
I’m hoping for some explanations from our fans why we as fans should have HOPE OR BELIEF that this organization as currently constructed at the top can ever be anything more than what it has been the last 26 years: an over-hyped, underachieving, non-competitive in playoffs organization?

Serious answers please. If you are a Cowboys fan who still believes we can win in the playoffs doing it “Jerry’s way”, please say why.
they should not.
I dont, I have decided to just enjoy watching them lose in playoffs. I know that eats at jerry.
I actually gave up when JG was in year 4, lol then Mike had me till the first few games, and I saw he was a idiot too.

Jerry wont change, so yeah no SB's coming anytime soon.

Jerry ought to hire jimmy as GM , let him hire a HC, and give that a try. Pay Jimmy 50 million a year, he can afford it.

75boyz

Reaction score
And this isn't even taking into account all of the ridiculously bad contracts, trades and other roster decisions that alone are arguably enough to get a GM fired. Every single one of these dumb decisions was made because he's so stubborn, doesn't know when to throw in the towel on a season, and treats every season like it will be his last. That led to...

1. The awful Roy Williams deal in a season we realistically had no chance at winning a SB...just awful.
  2. Being dumb enough to draft a RB at #4 before Ramsey was bad enough but then you fold to his threatening to "hold out" and give him an awful contract...when he wasn't even in his UFA year and missed six games to suspension!! He literally killed the only positive of drafting him there...a relatively cheap rookie deal.
  3. Trading a 1st rounder for Cooper mid season in a season that clearly had zero chance at a SB...when the upcoming draft was the most loaded ever at WR and ironically end up selecting a receiver anyway. Oh and you overpaid Cooper to top it all off.
  4. The Jaylon Smith deal that seemed like some kind of message to Dak?
  5. Last but not least...surprisingly he actually listened to his FO for once but he was oh so close to taking Johnny over Martin.
  6. Oh wait just being stupid enough to keep Garrett as long as he did...that's honestly might be the worst out of all of these atrocities. The Giants sure didn't need long to figure out what a bum he was.

Great post.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jerry ought to hire jimmy as GM , let him hire a HC, and give that a try. Pay Jimmy 50 million a year, he can afford it.

Jimmy's not giving up the good life in the Keys to work for Jerry, at any salary. He's got his weekend gig at Fox and the rest of the year off to go fishing.

elcowboi

Reaction score
  • Why should ANY Dallas Cowboys fan have any hope of winning a championship again with Jerry and his family in charge?
I’m hoping for some explanations from our fans why we as fans should have HOPE OR BELIEF that this organization as currently constructed at the top can ever be anything more than what it has been the last 26 years: an over-hyped, underachieving, non-competitive in playoffs organization?

Serious answers please. If you are a Cowboys fan who still believes we can win in the playoffs doing it “Jerry’s way”, please say why.

We shouldn't but we'll keep watching the product they put on the field each year. Jerry is the problem but he's not going to fire himself. Next year year we'll be on the board complaining about the same problems again.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
And this isn't even taking into account all of the ridiculously bad contracts, trades and other roster decisions that alone are arguably enough to get a GM fired. Every single one of these dumb decisions was made because he's so stubborn, doesn't know when to throw in the towel on a season, and treats every season like it will be his last. That led to...

1. The awful Roy Williams deal in a season we realistically had no chance at winning a SB...just awful.
  2. Being dumb enough to draft a RB at #4 before Ramsey was bad enough but then you fold to his threatening to "hold out" and give him an awful contract...when he wasn't even in his UFA year and missed six games to suspension!! He literally killed the only positive of drafting him there...a relatively cheap rookie deal.
  3. Trading a 1st rounder for Cooper mid season in a season that clearly had zero chance at a SB...when the upcoming draft was the most loaded ever at WR and ironically end up selecting a receiver anyway. Oh and you overpaid Cooper to top it all off.
  4. The Jaylon Smith deal that seemed like some kind of message to Dak?
  5. Last but not least...surprisingly he actually listened to his FO for once but he was oh so close to taking Johnny over Martin.
  6. Oh wait just being stupid enough to keep Garrett as long as he did...that's honestly might be the worst out of all of these atrocities. The Giants sure didn't need long to figure out what a bum he was.

But wait, there's more!

The Cowboys have drafted one QB in the first 3 rounds since Aikman. It was a trade up in the 2nd to draft Quincy Carter.
Jerry was also disgusted after day one of the 2015 draft after failing to complete the trade up into the first round to grab Paxton Lynch. He settled on Dak later.
And who could forget caving to DLaw delaying his surgery until he got paid. A year later, Zeke held out.
Oh, and how about those two first round picks to acquire Joey Galloway? He learned so much from that he made the dumb Roy Williams deal years later.

Now he's an 80 year old man, desperately flailing away trying to beat Father Time and get that ring. I'm sure that'll lead to more great decisions.

yimyammer

Reaction score

They shouldn't but willful ignorance & cognitive dissonance keeps the train to nowhere rolling STRONG

basel90

Reaction score

Very accurate , but even a broken clock gets the time right twice every 24 hours . We are well into 27th year :)

basel90

Reaction score
I think this season basically closed the door on that casket. It's basically over for Dallas fans, as we know it, with the current regime. I really think Jerry knows it too deep down. We've been hearing more and more about "the man in the mirror" since 2017. Heard it again today. I don't think he's referring to Michael Jackson.

What really bothers me specifically about this organization is that not only are we built terribly, but we cannot even luck into a championship game. Since we last won a Super Bowl, moribund franchises like the Minnesota Timberwolves and Sacramento Kings have played in conference title games. The Montreal Canadiens played in a Stanley Cup last year despite having the worst record in in the postseason (and probably shouldn't have made the postseason altogether). We are so cursed that we cannot even get lucky in the postseason. We fold like picnic chairs every single time, and line up and try the same exact thing the next season.
very true. and tampa won 2 super bowls. philie one , the giants 2 , new england 6 . it is crazy how long ago the cowboys were any good.
the only solution is a stud coach with wide authority; i can only think of sean payton . i think jerry is reaching out to sean and a deal will be done next year after another disappointing season under MM.
what bothers me is that i heard Stephen has become a close freind of MM . eating out and drinking together constantly. this organization is run like a country club.

IceBowler

Reaction score

We shouldn’t. But then again, I don’t know of ANY fans who have “faith” or “believe” in ownership or management. Please note I didn’t say “coaches.” They are not the same.

kskboys

Reaction score
very true. and tampa won 2 super bowls. philie one , the giants 2 , new england 6 . it is crazy how long ago the cowboys were any good.
the only solution is a stud coach with wide authority; i can only think of sean payton . i think jerry is reaching out to sean and a deal will be done next year after another disappointing season under MM.
what bothers me is that i heard Stephen has become a close freind of MM . eating out and drinking together constantly. this organization is run like a country club.
Yeah, but if you combine Brady and Dallas, they've won 6!!!!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I do not like Jerry with a passion. I give die hard Cowboys fans credit and having to endure such pain with Jerry running the show.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jimmy's not giving up the good life in the Keys to work for Jerry, at any salary. He's got his weekend gig at Fox and the rest of the year off to go fishing.
probably true, but if jerry offered him a ton of money maybe he does it so he can leave his family 2-300 mil.

I actually think jerry is too cheap, to make a good enough offer, and also if jimmy came in and boom instant winners,. that would make
jerry look bad, and he cant have that now could he?

maybe buy jimmy a small yacht to go fishing on lol, have a kitchen and conference room, dining room , pool etc :D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
We shouldn't.
Track record says so.

Insanity. Doing same thing over and over and expecting different result.

Sean Payton 2.0 coming.

We will lose Dan Quinn because Jerry will keep Mccarthy.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen base NFL success on revenue streams. It's all about them. Winning is just a symptom of being successful in their world.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
The sad answer is we may never see another Super Bowl again…..unless it’s an accident

Western

Reaction score
Jerry has been, and is a failure at every level at constructing a professional football team.

He has been riding Jimmy's coattails since 1994.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If you scroll back and read posts from years back....they are exactly the same.

Then its....'fix this, fix that' and even when they do a whole other list of problems comes up next season.

Everything is reactive. Never ahead of anything.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm on same page with Darren Woodson

Former Cowboys star Darren Woodson believes that Jones isn’t fully to blame for his team’s lack of postseason success.

“Everyone wants to say it’s Jerry’s fault. And I’m not a firm believer in that. I think Jerry’s put together some pretty good football teams…I mean, at some point the players have got to win the games,” Woodson said.

Former Cowboys Star Has Brutally Honest Admission On Jerry Jones (thespun.com)

doomsday9084

Reaction score

I'm not a huge fan of Jerry. Please don't take this reply as a defense of him. I think that virtually all of the problems of the past 25 years can be tied back directly to him.

What reasons for optimism are there? Well, when Jerry bought the team, Jimmy clearly ran things. Him being hired was pure luck. Jerry took over and was clueless. He knew so little he didn't know what he didn't know. He has been learning though. The team isn't making dumb mistakes in free agency. The drafting is better.

I hope the MM experience ends up being another lesson. Cowboys nation is brutalizing the team right now and Jerry is hearing it.

Outside of that, there are so pro's to Jerry. He isn't cheap. Coaches and players like playing for him. He isn't going to drive people off and anyone he wants, he can get.

If he could fix the issues he has with discipline and accountability, I would have some hope and I think there is a chance that could happen in the long term.

In the short term, the contract situation is such that I don't see the team competing. Dak, Zeke, Tank and others simply make too much money for their production/ability. In the long term, hopefully the next generation of players is better and more disciplined.