Why should Garrett be kept in a championship season?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I am really surprised JG didn't get a contract extension .

JG got here in 2007 .

I never thought 12 years would be enough for Jerry .

Keeping Garrett for 12 years sounds completely insane, Jerry is much more damaged than that .

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I my eyes you keep coaches that have their hands on things. You keep the BB and McVeys, you dont keep the Garrett's who stand on the sideline, clap and make absolutely zero impact on a season.

Why should Garrett stay if the coordinators and players were the real reason of any success? That is like taking credit for someone elses work.

Once the owner tells you to just stand there, put your hands on nothing, and become a motivational puppet, you are a complete joke now.

I will never consider Garrett a SB winning coach even if it does happen. I am not naive enough to believe he would win anywhere else if such a situation acurred.

How do most fans not consider Barry Switzer a SB winning coach but would consider Garrett one!

""In such a situation""

Good Lord, bro.

Give this crying up.

3 division Titles in 4 years?

No defense over that period until last year?

A HC who has to do what the owners wants?

Who is going to coach here with a owner like Jones operates?

No coach

So stop and look at reality.

Only somebody who the owner wants and wants to deal with the pressure of being in Dallas.

Garrett.

Be careful what you wish for.

He is a young coach and is going to be here for awhile.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jason Garrett has the longest tenure of any coach in history to not make the SB .

He is a real superstar .

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Good Lord, bro.

Give this crying up.

3 division Titles in 4 years?

No defense over that period until last year?

A HC who has to do what the owners wants?

Who is going to coach here with a owner like Jones operates?

No coach

So stop and look at reality.

Only somebody who the owner wants and wants to deal with the pressure of being in Dallas.

Garrett.

Be careful what you wish for.

He is a young coach and is going to be here for awhile.

So everybody talking football is crying?

So what is it when one talks basketball, baseball, hockey, tennis, golf? How about cricket and rugby? I'd hate to see what it is in a conversation of long Darts.

Londonboy

Reaction score
So everybody talking football is crying?

So what is it when one talks basketball, baseball, hockey, tennis, golf? How about cricket and rugby? I'd hate to see what it is in a conversation of long Darts.
Long Darts? Dat a real ting?

Fire407

Reaction score
We’re talking about the same McVey who coached his team to 3 points in the super bowl right? Would ya’ll have given up on him right then and there? Or would have been the next time he gets wrecked in the playoffs? Meh
I'm thinking that McVay knows now that he used the wrong strategy in the Super Bowl, and he'll learn from it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Because he would have led this team to a championship? Question kinds of answer itself?

Londonboy

Reaction score
Rumor has it the creator still lives in his moms basement.
Gosh darn it, now I've heard of it, I can't rest till I've tried it.
Curse You Soupy.
I'm gonna have find a league and give it a whirl, I can already envisage epic battles against Guys with names like Freddie "perfect flight" Goodnight and "hurling" Harry Henderson, maybe I'll even meet a nice Girl with a name like Maggie "Bullseye" McFly.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Gosh darn it, now I've heard of it, I can't rest till I've tried it.
Curse You Soupy.
I'm gonna have find a league and give it a whirl, I can already envisage epic battles against Guys with names like Freddie "perfect flight" Goodnight and "hurling" Harry Henderson, maybe I'll even meet a nice Girl with a name like Maggie "Bullseye" McFly.

I guess you will also dress down in starwars gear and camp out two days early for the next comic-con event hanging out with those guys

Londonboy

Reaction score
I guess you will also dress down in starwars gear and camp out two days early for the next comic-con event hanging out with those guys
You flatter Me Sir, I'm so scruffy, People keep trying to give Me money to buy a cup of tea if I stand still on a street.

basel90

Reaction score
I think what he is trying to say is that Garrett is the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. At least at one point that meant something. In 9 years he has managed 2 playoff wins. This despite decent QB play throughout his tenure. He was given the role because he was presented as an offensive innovator or genius. In the 9 years plus his time as OC that was proven to be a myth. Fans have also heard of a process that is underway. 9 years of the process has yielded 2 playoff wins. When you see what McVey has done in a couple seasons and Doug Pederson winning a SB, intelligent fans in Dallas question Garrett. We also see a roster that has the following players that play at an all-pro level - Prescott, Zeke, Beard, Smith, Martin, Cooper, LVE, Smith, Lawrence, Jones, Lee. That's a lot of talent. Yet the playoff success is still in question. Intelligent fans also see the head coach routinely cost the team games with poor adjustments, time management, and play calls. The end of Romo's career was ruined by his game mismanagement. They also see that a 30 year old, inexperienced play caller will be running the offense because the "genius" offensive head coach has been proven to be anything but. Intelligent fans also remember a complete disaster of a 4-12 season where the head coach showed zero ability to adapt. Personally, I believe anything short of the Super Bowl should cost Garrett his job. He has run out of excuses.

Have I sufficiently responded to your comments or would you like that I spell it out further?

Great input . This is the Dallas Cowboys .. 25 years without a super bowl is unfathomable . Jason Garrett has had his chance . We have seen what he can and cannot do . He is not an asset as a coach . He is just a clapper . Glad JJ made the decisionthat this season should be make or break .if I have to guess , JG he won’t have a better year than 2018 . Probably one playoff game win at best . JJ should bring Payton or someone else ASAP .

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
You flatter Me Sir, I'm so scruffy, People keep trying to give Me money to buy a cup of tea if I stand still on a street.

Well there you have it, you'll already come chewbacca certified before hanging out with the long dart fellows.

They'll be thrilled to have you. Especially at the tin foiled hat convention.