Why shouldn't AT&T Stadium be part of the Super Bowl rotation?

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Yes, I know - there was that debacle in February 2011 with the snow and the seats-scandal when Cowboys Stadium hosted Super Bowl XLV. But that mess isn't likely to happen again, and in the meantime, AT&T Stadium remains one of the biggest and finest venues in the NFL, and DFW is still usually warm in February.

The Texans', Saints,' Falcons, Dolphins, stadiums remain part of the "Super Bowl rotation." Nobody puts anywhere as much blame on the Saints and Superdome for that blackout in the Niners-Ravens Super Bowl as they do the Cowboys for freak weather and a stadium seating issue. Nobody blames the Dolphins for the rain that made a slippery mess of Super Bowl XLI. The Texans' stadium has hosted multiple Super Bowls and isn't as large as AT&T.

Is there any reason - other than anti-Cowboys or anti-Jerry prejudice - that the NFL would refuse to make AT&T Stadium part of its regular Super Bowl hosting rotation?

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Has Dallas bid for any SBs recently?

Not that I know of, but they totally should. It checks all the "Super Bowl boxes."

World-class stadium? Check.
Experience in hosting a Super Bowl? Check. (although it didn't go too well last time)
Warm climate in February? Check.
City with all the infrastructure needed? Yes. DFW has one of the largest and best airports in America, all the hotel lodging and other such accomodations necessary.
A state/region with football culture? For sure.
Experience hosting events at AT&T? Yes. The stadium has hosted countless events, such as the CONCACAF Gold Cup Final, NCAAF and NCAAB games, etc.

Hosting Super Bowls at AT&T would be a slam dunk for the NFL in terms of revenue. Is the NFL really that spiteful against Jerrah?

Verdict

Reaction score
Not that I know of, but they totally should. It checks all the "Super Bowl boxes."

World-class stadium? Check.
Experience in hosting a Super Bowl? Check. (although it didn't go too well last time)
Warm climate in February? Check.
City with all the infrastructure needed? Yes. DFW has one of the largest and best airports in America, all the hotel lodging and other such accomodations necessary.
A state/region with football culture? For sure.
Experience hosting events at AT&T? Yes. The stadium has hosted countless events, such as the CONCACAF Gold Cup Final, NCAAF and NCAAB games, etc.

Hosting Super Bowls at AT&T would be a slam dunk for the NFL in terms of revenue. Is the NFL really that spiteful against Jerrah?
The short answer is YES.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
wrong location. should have been downtown. blame greedy jerry and laura miller.

Ah, yes. The old 'greedy Jerry' line. How dare he try to make money running a non-profit organization like the Cowboys.

Techsass

Reaction score
We may have better weather on average, but when it turns nasty this area shuts down completely.

landroverking

Reaction score
I feel like the weather is too ifie for regular rotation. Once every ten years would be right.
I also believe the SB is better in open air.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I feel like the weather is too ifie for regular rotation. Once every ten years would be right.
I also believe the SB is better in open air.

Most Super Bowls these days are in enclosed or retractable-roof venues. 7 out of last 9 SBs were as such.

triplets_93

Reaction score
She allegedly hated strip clubs too.

Wasn't she against the AAC being built. It's been a money-maker, although it has no soul. I enjoyed Stars games much more at Reunion.... but ya gotta serve the wealthy class with suites. And they got just what they wanted.

Dallas should have ponied up for Jerryworld.