CFZ Why Shouldn't Tony Pollard Leave Dallas?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Love Pollard great RB for how we use him, if he gets a big contract i hope like hell it is not here as RB is probably the easiest position to throw bodies at and be ok. Love Zeke also, but in todays NFL you just can not pay your RB a big contract.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Check out this post I made about this back in 2018.

===============================================
If you're gonna be a running team....
  1. Then get the hell out of that damn spread shotgun look. Line up in the I, put a fullback in front of Zeke and aim the FB at Luke Kuechley or whoever the other team's tackling machine guy is and let Zeke work off of it. Also can we stop immediately shifting into the 5 wide as soon as Zeke has a good run. How many times did Zeke get the ball on back to back plays yesterday? Maybe once? The hallmark of a great running team is a commitment to it. We show through our formations and our playcalling (15 carries for your "work horse back? in what was pretty much a one score game for most of the day.") that we are NOT committed to the run. Which is fine.. if Dak throwing it up 40 times a game is who we want to be then trade Zeke and let's become the Patriots and use like 5 no name guys at RB. Here's the problem, Dak aint Brady.. at least not yet. The Panthers got in his kitchen with their pressure yesterday and made him indecisive. Indecision leads to bad throws and *** are you doing sacks. He's got to do better. But then so does his line and most importantly his coaches.

RonnieT24, Sep 10, 2018Report

I don't even know how that popped up all these years later but I posted it after the horrible season opener in 2018. I think it was before the site got converted... It made me chuckle because of these idiots who keep claiming I am some blind Zeke homer.. when I said this FOUR YEARS AGO!!! The bottom line is that the Cowboys have wasted the prime of yet another great player in Zeke and that makes me sad.. For him, for them and for us, the fans.. They could have and should have rode that hoss to at least one Super Bowl.. Instead they went "Air Moore" and have been huntin and peckin for a playoff win ever since.

I hear ya, but if it doesn’t address how much paying both would cost. It’s poor roster management for arguably the most replaceable position on the roster.

Continue to build the OL, get a solid vet for cheap and draft someone and we’ll still roll running the rock.

aikemirv

Reaction score
This season....

Zeke: 443 yards
Pollard: 506 yards

Zeke: 0 100-yard rushing games
Pollard: 2 100-yard rushing games.

Zeke:4 TDs
Pollard: 5 TDs

Zeke: 6 catches
Pollard: 12 catches

Zeke: 32 receiving yards
Pollard: 121 receiving yards

Zeke: 15 carries a game
Pollard: 10 carries a game

Zeke: 63 YPG
Pollard: 63 YPG

Zeke: 4.1 YPA (32nd in the NFL)
Pollard: 6.2 YPA (1st in the NFL)

Then, after he rushes for 140 yards and 3 TDs Sunday you have Jerry coming out to let everyone know that Zeke is the man, we will go as he goes, and everything runs through Zeke blah blah blah.

Let's be real here for a second, Pollard has been better than Zeke for 2 years now.

Why shouldn't Pollard ditch this disrespect and go somewhere that will feature him? Surely, he wants an opportunity to be the real starter somewhere instead of living in a lesser players shadow because he doesn't make as much money. Everyone can see who makes the offense more explosive and who we seem to be able to speed things up with.

It's fine to let Zeke and Pollard split the carries to change up the pace, but I don't see how anyone can justify Zeke getting the majority of the carries at this point. The better player is Pollard at this point and he needs to be getting more of the playing time.
Yeah that was a bit disrespectful of Jerry to say that after such a great game. He could have been a lot more diplomatic than that. Little things like that are going to hurt the chances of keeping Pollard if we don't tag him!

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I'm going to save this thread so that if the Cowboys offer Pollard a huge contract like the OP wants we can all see how much he *****es about Pollards contract compared to his back up in 3 years. This moron will tell you Zekes contract is horrible and he shouldn't be playing but wants to pay Pollard a bunch of money to replace a back who was much better then Pollard when he was paid a **** ton of money.

Pollard is faster then Zeke. We could bring in any fast rookie running back in the top 3 rounds next year and he will be a super star behind this line...and when we do. I hope Zeke is still here grinding out the tough yards

dckid

Reaction score
I don't want him to leave but it's realistic that he can and will get offered much more elsewhere! First day of free agency, Jaguars sign Rb Tony Pollard to a 4 year 56 million dollar deal!
No they won’t but I can see the Ravens signing him.

Nexx

Reaction score
He wont have a choice when he gets franchised. RB Tag is only 9 mill. Tag him twice and let him go. Draft someone in the next two drafts and work him in to replace Pollard. Release Zeke after this season.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This season....

Zeke: 0 100-yard rushing games
Pollard: 2 100-yard rushing games.

Zeke:4 TDs
Pollard: 5 TDs

Zeke: 6 catches
Pollard: 12 catches

Zeke: 32 receiving yards
Pollard: 121 receiving yards

Zeke: 15 carries a game
Pollard: 10 carries a game

Zeke: 63 YPG
Pollard: 63 YPG

Zeke: 4.1 YPA (32nd in the NFL)
Pollard: 6.2 YPA (1st in the NFL)

Then, after he rushes for 140 yards and 3 TDs Sunday you have Jerry coming out to let everyone know that Zeke is the man, we will go as he goes, and everything runs through Zeke blah blah blah.

Let's be real here for a second, Pollard has been better than Zeke for 2 years now.

Why shouldn't Pollard ditch this disrespect and go somewhere that will feature him? Surely, he wants an opportunity to be the real starter somewhere instead of living in a lesser players shadow because he doesn't make as much money. Everyone can see who makes the offense more explosive and who we seem to be able to speed things up with.

It's fine to let Zeke and Pollard split the carries to change up the pace, but I don't see how anyone can justify Zeke getting the majority of the carries at this point. The better player is Pollard at this point and he needs to be getting more of the playing time.

Trying to work out how Pollard could be come alienated and want to leave. . . .

I think the real question is why you spend so much time and energy conjuring these Cowboy detrimental themes.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Or be like the 49ers and draft RBs in back to back drafts in the 3rd round and then trade a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounder for McCaffery.
Sure McCaffrey has helped them but it's not like the 49ers couldn't run the ball before they traded for him

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
This season....

Pollard played one more game without splitting carries...and the O line was blowing huge holes in the Bear defense. I am guessing Zeke would have got his fair share of yards against the Bears. I think the split carries is working for both and for the team. Not sure why there has to be one lead back Keeping them fresh seems to be working. And there are still some things that Zeke does better.

bottleKids

Reaction score
We may find ourselves with out either Zeke or Tony next season...I don't see Pappy Jones using the tag on Tony.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Don't worry, he is gone after this season. Cowboys can't afford what someone else will pay him.