Why so much hate for Dez?

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't think hate is a strong word at all. It's hard to understand where it comes from.

I *think* people turn on Dez and Witten because they represent the old guard of Tony Romo era offense that we've 'moved on from' now under Dak. I don't understand that type of thinking, but I think that's what's going on. They want a new era with Dak and Elliott and new WRs and want to believe Rico Gathers is a fraction of the player Jason Witten is, even now.

I will have to disagree with this assessment. Romo has nothing to do with out with the old in with the new philosophy.

I think Romo should probably still be quarterbacking the Cowboys. One of the most underrated players of all time. He kept the Cowboys relevant.

Not only is Dez killing our cap and underperforming, he seems to have just mailed it in after he got paid. Plus his distractions on the sidelines are total drivel.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't think its hate, I think its diminishing skills.

Look, Dez himself said his head was not in the games last season while he was being paid top 5 WR money. That kinda pisses the fans off.

And there is one other thing, the team apparently believes that too. Why do you think they waived $15 million a season infront of Sammy Watkins? Does anybody seriously think they were going to pay Watkins $15 a season and pay Dez $17 a season?

Don't be stupid.........they tried to sign Watkins to replace Dez, its just fell apart at the last min. So ask yourself, why is the team trying to replace Dez if its all just made up fan anger?

Carter

Reaction score
25 straight Regular Season Games without 100 Yard Receiving while dropping 50% of his Balls getting paid $16M a year to do so.

Let alone his terrible Route Running and being unable to get open by himself.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
25 straight Regular Season Games without 100 Yard Receiving while dropping 50% of his Balls getting paid $16M a year to do so.

That is probably why the team wanted to sign Watkins and dump Dez...............that stat line right there.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Would be nice if real stats were used those are not accurate

Regardless, the point is still valid...........the team tried to sign Watkins and dump Dez, they both were not getting paid.

So apparently the team is not "all in" on Dez considering they were "this close" to handing him a bus ticket.;)

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Regardless, the point is still valid...........the team tried to sign Watkins and dump Dez, they both were not getting paid.

So apparently the team is not "all in" on Dez considering they were "this close" to handing him a bus ticket.;)
Show me where anyone in the Cowboys organization stated the were going to dump Dez for a less talented receiver

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Terrible Post

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Show me where anyone in the Cowboys organization stated the were going to dump Dez for a less talented receiver

So they were going to pay Watkins $15 mill a season and Dez $17 mill a season?

Yea, right.

And there are numerous media articles from beat writers to BTB about how "the direction of the franchise almost changed" referring to the signing of Watkins and then Dez getting dumped.

If you want to read about them, there is this cool thing called Google............Beast aint doing your homework for you;)

Carter

Reaction score
Would be nice if real stats were used those are not accurate

Im sorry its been only 23 Straight Games without 100 Yards receiving.
What a difference.

But my bet is that he will reach 25 very soon.

Besides the GB Playoff Game Dez is irrelevant since the 2014 Season and is getting paid like he is having a 2014 Season every year.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Im sorry its been only 23 Straight Games without 100 Yards receiving.
What a difference.

But my bet is that he will reach 25 very soon.

Besides the GB Playoff Game Dez is irrelevant since the 2014 Season.
The 50 percent is the most inaccurate part

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
So they were going to pay Watkins $15 mill a season and Dez $17 mill a season?

Yea, right.

And there are numerous media articles from beat writers to BTB about how "the direction of the franchise almost changed" referring to the signing of Watkins and then Dez getting dumped.

If you want to read about them, there is this cool thing called Google............Beast aint doing your homework for you;)
I know all about Google and do not read fake news

Carter

Reaction score
That is counting Dak's air balls

So are u fine with a 16M$ a year Receiver who had 23 straight games without 100 Yards receiving and a Catch rate of 51,9% (Ranks #86 on NFL Receivers).

Do you think thats all on Dak? Really?

I would say that Dez has declined and would Need a premium Gunslinger like Aaron Rodgers to be halfway productive.

Very good Receivers help their QBs. Cant say that about Dez.

Silverstar

Reaction score

Yep, truth hurts sometimes.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
So are u fine with a Receiver who had 23 straight games without 100 Yards receiving and a Catch rate of 51,9% (Ranks #86 on NFL Receivers).
Are you happy with a QB that can not hit any of his receivers consistently? As in none of them and take away the air balls if you do 51.9% gets better better I know you like selective stats to make your point so carry on