Why so much hate for Dez?

Carter

Reaction score
Are you happy with a QB that can not hit any of his receivers consistently? As in none of them and take away the air balls if you do 51.9% gets better better I know you like selective stats to make your point so carry on

You are so biased with your Dak hatred that you cant see that he is not the only Problem. There is always two sites when it Comes to Receiving a Ball.

Why was Dez a no Show when Dak played on MVP Level throughout most of the 2016 Season ?

Dez Needs an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady to be relevant. Hes not helping his QB at all the last years. If a 16M$ Receiver Needs a HOF type of Thrower to be productive this 16M$ a year are just not a good investment

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Im sorry its been only 23 Straight Games without 100 Yards receiving.
What a difference.

But my bet is that he will reach 25 very soon.

Besides the GB Playoff Game Dez is irrelevant since the 2014 Season and is getting paid like he is having a 2014 Season every year.
Quick Fact: The Cowboys have 3 individual 100-yard receiving games in the past 24 games.

Dez-1
Twill-1
Witten-1

Since Dak has been starter:

Beasley hasn't had 1 in the last two seasons

Butler has 0

Twill has 1

Witten has 1

Dez Bryant has 3

Once again, its the QB. Why people can't see this is beyond me...

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
You are so biased with your Dak hatred that you cant see that he is not the only Problem. There is always two sites when it Comes to Receiving a Ball.

Why was Dez a no Show when Dak played on MVP Level throughout most of the 2016 Season ?

Dez Needs an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady to be relevant. Hes not helping his QB at all the last years. If a 16M$ Receiver Needs a HOF type of Thrower to be productive this 16M$ a year are just not a good investment
I dont hate Dak he just regressed and i'm not so blind that I can not admit it

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Hate is probably a strong word, maybe a better word would be contempt, disdain, venom, etc. I have noticed so many posts with people gleefully letting Dez know "See Ya". I get that he is being paid like an elite/top 2-3 best WR's in the NFL and he is not that anymore. Time and injuries are starting to affect his play so I get the frustration especially with our current cap situation. But still, why such a strong dislike for this guy? He is the Cowboys all time TD leader and has given us a lot of joy in a decade that has not been fun and down right depresssing at times. If not for Blandino his catch at GB would probably be up there with some of the all time great catches in Cowboys playoff history. He has been a great team player, bleeds silver and blue, is great with fans, and is respected and admired by his teammates. Yea I got frustrated by the drops last year and the fumble in the Seahawks game but he is human. He admits he got frustrated last year and the Seattle game was not a good look but he has never been accused of being a selfish player. Even Stephen Jones has taken shots during the off season while giving Jason Witten a free pass even though he is being paid as an elite TE which he clearly is not at this point in his career. When his new contract was announced it seemed like an overwhelming majority of fans were happy at the time. I do believe that we need an infusion of youth and speed at WR and everything points to the Cowboys using one of their premium picks at WR. Every player realizes this is a business and father time is undefeated but I just don't understand the downright nastiness that some fans are throwing his way.
Naw!,it isn't the vibe of deep vehement hate for #88 your perceiving, Motown! at least not from the true fraction of Dallas Cowboy enthusiasts, RESENTMENT would more than likely shroud Dez in that one piece jumper pajama outfit with the fuzzy footies attachedo_O
(The man is being paid with a fire hose for the production he's dribbling off his chin)

Carter

Reaction score
I dont hate Dak he just regressed and i'm not so blind that I can not admit it

Yes he regressed. Big part of that is having the two best Players on Offense T.Smith and Zeke out for half the Season.

You still didnt answer me why Dez was a non factor in Daks 2016 Offensive ROY Season

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Quick Fact: The Cowboys have 3 individual 100-yard receiving games in the past 24 games.

Dez-1
Twill-1
Witten-1

Butler has 0

Twill has 1

Witten has 1

Dez Bryant has 3

Yep looks like it is all on the receivers And some of it is Zeke's fault we should cut that ball hog so the receivers can put up better numbers

Carter

Reaction score

Dez-1
Twill-1
Witten-1

Butler has 0

Twill has 1

Witten has 1

Dez Bryant has 3

Neither of These guys are paid to have 100 Yard games all the time. Only Dez is.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
796 Yards and 8 TDs are a non factor to me when you are getting Top5 NFL Receivers Money.

Dak threw for 3700 Yards that Season with a 105 Passer Rating.
Zeke carried the ball 322 times in 2016 averaged 108.7 yards per game 22.6 carries per game and 1631 yards when your running back is doing that you will see a decline in receiver stats it works out that way I figured you would know this kind of stuff And I want to see more of it

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
At this point I can't wait for Bryant to move on, then people would (should) have to face reality. The QB position is the real problem.
We use to be a pass 1st team in 2016 we were a run 1st team it tends to screw up both passing and receiving stats when that happens but some people cant understand that and just want to blame the receivers I happen to like old school football And think the passes should remain accurate especially if you are doing less of it

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
We use to be a pass 1st team in 2016 we were a run 1st team it tends to screw up both passing and receiving stats when that happens but some people cant understand that and just want to blame the receivers I happen to like old school football And think the passes should remain accurate especially if you are doing less of it
The truth is we became a run first team in 2015 with Murray, the difference is Romo could punish you over the top consistently if teams started to cheat by keeping players underneath. Dak had relative success his rookie year because of that 2015 formula, it took a year but teams realized that Dak can't consistently burn you over top. Change all the receivers you want, but if the deliverer can't deliver consistently then it will be a repeat of 2017.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

I'd just caught on C.B.S. sports radio tonight that NOW the League would've called it a "CATCH" by our much maligned and kicked on( as of late) #88 in the playoff game against GreenBay in 14,,,SHEESE!o_O

( Pop that revisionist flare off into the deep forgotten dark painful Abyss of footballers fandom to illuminate just how close we was with #9 at the helm,heh? Man! (#'s 29,83,88&82 all hung it on the proverbial Corner fence post that season)
That was a 'magic' year only to be derailed by the B.S. dictates from the inner ring of B.S.o_O

Last edited:

LittleD

Reaction score
Look, I know a real #88 when I see one. Dez is no Michael Irving hence he is no real #88. Michael earned his money and
Dez has Jesse James his. I know Michael Irving and Dez ain't him. Now Dez should just go away...and don't be mad or sad, just
go away.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hate is probably a strong word, maybe a better word would be contempt, disdain, venom, etc. I have noticed so many posts with people gleefully letting Dez know "See Ya". I get that he is being paid like an elite/top 2-3 best WR's in the NFL and he is not that anymore. Time and injuries are starting to affect his play so I get the frustration especially with our current cap situation. But still, why such a strong dislike for this guy?

On the fair side, if you think Dez isn't worth the money, you'll be happy to see him leave.

But some people do get all emotional toward players. Some people are more emotional than others. It's like they're jilted lovers. Murray got plenty of "traitor" comments for making the best deal he could for himself and his family.

It's infantile. Many people are.

Trying to be more tolerant again, the whole point of sports is getting all worked up over a game that doesn't matter squat. We get emotionally invested to varying degrees. We all look like idiots to those with no emotional investment in sports.

I draw the line at hating players for their level of play, good or bad, or for their cost to the team. Personal contempt only goes to those who are personally contemptible. I don't think Dez, or really any of our current players, qualify.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Look, I know a real #88 when I see one. Dez is no Michael Irving hence he is no real #88.

It was a mistake for the team to anoint him as the "next" 88. It's always a problem for a guy to get accolades before he's actually accomplished anything.

A lot of players would be a lot better off if they were completely ignorant of their draft status and contract.