News: Why Terrance Williams is the Dallas Cowboys’ weakest offensive link

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why Terrance Williams is the Dallas Cowboys’ weakest offensive link
http://thelandryhat.com/2017/02/16/dallas-cowboys-terrance-williams-weakest-offensive-link/

The simple truth – when it comes to renewing the contracts of their own free agents, fans of the Dallas Cowboys are often blinded by “The Star”. It becomes a case of treason to discuss positions of players on the depth chart. When diehard, “real” true blue fans are asked to compare two NFL players, the one on our roster is immeasurably better. I might get in trouble by stating that wide receiver Terrance Williams must go.

Some would state that I’ve been critical of Williams during his time with the Cowboys, but facts are facts, except when they are alternative facts. After he was drafted, I reviewed his play at Baylor University. It was immediately apparent that Williams was a body catcher. I have never understood how an NFL receiver can be uncomfortable catching the football with his hands.

Completing a reception by trapping the football against his chest is beautiful when it works. Many incompletions have come from the football springing off his shoulder pads. It reduces his valuable “catch radius” to the area between his nipples...

Frozen700

Reaction score
I've always said this.

Dude is a bum.

There are 2 members, who I won't call by name, they know who they are. Who went to war for this bum and told me I was just a hater.

Look at Williams now, I don't see them defending him anymore.

haleyrules

Reaction score
WTH. Williams is a good, solid 2nd receiver. He has made many, many great catches for the club. Replacing him and his qualities would not be so easy or cheap. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've always said this.

Dude is a bum.

There are 2 members, who I won't call by name, they know who they are. Who went to war for this bum and told me I was just a hater.

Look at Williams now, I don't see them defending him anymore.

He's not irreplaceable but he's not a bum. He has his limitations. But he has skill. I'm not against bringing him back or letting him walk. Williams is just going to be a guy who shows you brilliance at times and at times not show up on the stats. Far from a bum.

conner01

Reaction score
Williams is very easily replaceable in the draft with a 3rd or 4th rd pick.
In theory
In reality that may or may not happen
I don't think twill will be back because I think he's gonna get paid more than I think we should pay a #2 when you have an expensive #1
That said, much like Harris, he is a much better player than many give him credit for
It's not about his ability to me but the salary he will get
I've never found the need to bash a player when he moved on

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not irreplaceable but he's not a bum. He has his limitations. But he has skill. I'm not against bringing him back or letting him walk. Williams is just going to be a guy who shows you brilliance at times and at times not show up on the stats. Far from a bum.

I don't hate him, but I'm not paying him either.

If anyone wants to pay the 97th guy in receptions, have at it.

When I see people throwing around $5-$6 million a year, that's crazy.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I don't hate him, but I'm not paying him either.

If anyone wants to pay the 97th guy in receptions, have at it.

When I see people throwing around $5-$6 million a year, that's crazy.

I'm thinking he's going to want more like 8-10 mil a year.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I'll appreciate him coming through in that Detroit playoff game and also the first Green Bay one, but I feel like he isn't irreplaceable in the draft, so don't waste the cap space

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He played better in a contract year but I don't forget him disappearing for half a season the previous 2 years.

His body catching makes it difficult to throw him open because he struggles to extend to reach balls and he leaves tons of yards on the field when he jumps to body catch as opposed to reaching to snatch the ball out of the air.

The OP is spot on about him contesting for balls. He is notoriously weak at the point of catch.

The team also tried to put him into leadership positions and it just never seemed to solidify. Listening to him talk, he seems to blame other people for his problems and is easily baited as evidenced by his twitter wars. He doesn't seem to be overly bright either.

As previously mentioned he improved his route running and he is also a good run blocker but he lacks deep speed and I don't trust contract year spikes in production. I could easily see him taking his payday and disappearing for half a season again.

I think Doug Free is underrated around here. His pressure rate is not as bad as people would make it seem and he is a plus run blocker. Overall I rate him around average.

I put TWill on about the same level. Thing is that Free costs half as much as what TWill is going to want.

Unless TWill is willing to take $4m AAV I say replace him with the more talented WR in FA or in the draft.