Why the absence of a running game matters

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
- Washington has no major stars at RB ... nor supposed All star studs on their OL .. yet they manage a better run game than what our
utter mess is here in Dallas ?

- We're supposed to have Tyler Smith and Zack Martin on our OL, but the OL blocking scheme is an utter mess (per OL coach Solaru)
Our run design scheme is still an utter mess with OL and RB coaches

- Front office literally gave the coaches jack squat non-factors at RB personnel with a slow lumbering zeke ..Rico whose
barely decent at best, ..and whose really our best run skill RB ...and then there's sympathic draft pick Deuce Vaughn whose
skill set shiftiness and short stature is useless in this Solari/McCarthy offense.
If there's a worse RB personnel unit in the NFL, i'd wonder what team would that be.

- An undrafted RB Jordan Mason can jump into a Shanahan system and scheme and still bring productivity.
We simply do not have such a coaching system or scheme to get away with such an access., much less player personnel.

- We won't be able to survive such a mess at RB and OL scheme this year - next offseason the hope is we can overhaul the
entire coaching staff (save TE coach Luma Well) ..and re-start it with a new, improve staff - with hopefully a Shanhan like
creative coaching staff and then address the RB issue in the NFL draft and FA.
I think it is the scheme with the Niners but I also think Mason is a better runner than what we have even as a udfa.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
1. Zeke is a waste of time, agreed.
2. It would've been difficult to fit Henry's contract under the cap.
No it wouldn't have been. The Cowboys have plenty of cap space and have even more in 2025. And that is without any restructures.