News: Why The Cowboys’ Response To Randy Gregory’s Latest Trouble May Be Pretty Much Nothing

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always chuckle at the fan who demands that their sports team explain things to them and be totally transparent with them as if they are entitled to that information.

LOL.

I always chuckle at the sheep who allow anyone else to do their thinking for them.

LOL.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Why The Cowboys’ Response To Randy Gregory’s Latest Trouble May Be Pretty Much Nothing.

The answer to that question?

https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRodOmEIxut83l4JSEu4vW518a2QtcddgfpmdRC6x0cHo0_8Qo58Q

Because these two guys are basically the same person.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hardy's talent is not in question; he's difference-maker. It will be interesting to see what happens with him in the next several weeks.

I think he'll get a job. He's too talented not to. And I worry that he'll 'get it' playing for someone else, and worse yet, be a thorn in this team's side for years to come and make it that much worse.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I think he'll get a job. He's too talented not to. And I worry that he'll 'get it' playing for someone else, and worse yet, be a thorn in this team's side for years to come and make it that much worse.

His talent will earn him an opportunity. I thing he's going to implode, though, and take his team with him. Hopefully it's the Commanders. :grin:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His talent will earn him an opportunity. I thing he's going to implode, though, and take his team with him. Hopefully it's the Commanders. :grin:

You could just as easily be right about that. We'll see.

Sydla

Reaction score
I always chuckle at the sheep who allow anyone else to do their thinking for them.

LOL.

LOL. Yeah that's it. It's being a sheep thinking that a professional sports team doesn't owe its fans total transparency into every decision they make, every move they make, etc.

Some fans overvaluing their self-importance has always cracked me up. WE DEMAND ANSWERS! LOL.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
But again, the fact they are giving McClain and Gregory such wide latitude here should indicate to people that Hardy's transgressions must be more serious than people realize and that behind the scenes was indeed a pain in the ***.

not about to make that connection based on what i, or we, know.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. Yeah that's it. It's being a sheep thinking that a professional sports team doesn't owe its fans total transparency into every decision they make, every move they make, etc.

You can think for yourself and make your own decisions, or you can let someone else make them for you. That's your choice. I'll make my own. And I don't need your or anyone else's 'permission' to do it.

Some fans overvaluing their self-importance has always cracked me up. WE DEMAND ANSWERS! LOL.

And some fans think their own opinions are universal for everyone else. Their ignorance has always cracked me up. THINK LIKE I DO OR YOU'RE WRONG! LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
You, as a fan, aren't entitled to all the information at the disposal of your sports teams. It's foolish to think that.

I am just curious as to why you think the Cowboys should come out and tell the fans exactly everything that goes on behind the scenes in player personnel decisions, coaching decisions, etc? Better yet, why you feel entitled to all the information the Cowboys used to make decisions?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You, as a fan, aren't entitled to all the information at the disposal of your sports teams. It's foolish to think that.

I am just curious as to why you think the Cowboys should come out and tell the fans exactly everything that goes on behind the scenes in player personnel decisions, coaching decisions, etc? Better yet, why you feel entitled to all the information the Cowboys used to make decisions?

If you're asking me, you should quote me. That way I'm made aware that you're referring to me.

It's not an issue where I feel "entitled" or where I think I "deserve more" than anyone else. It's a frustration in not having enough facts to determine for myself if the Cowboys' actions are justified or they're just dysfunctional.

In the case of Greg Hardy, a pass rush deficient team is making themselves even weaker by not re-signing the best guy they had. As a fan, I think that a decision like that should be supported and justified. As a consumer, if you're giving me less, I'd like to know why I'm getting less. What that should change based on a sports team, I don't know. Why is it 'not OK' to ask questions for something I'm expected to pay for (to whatever degree) here?

If Hardy's actions are truly worthy of NFL banishment, bury him! Get the truth out there and let every team know what a bad guy he is, and let any fan like me that's not sure know the truth too! But this 'high road' garbage is just that. As much as you ask me why the Cowboys should tell everything, I ask you why they shouldn't? If they have nothing to hide, why hide the truth?

Sydla

Reaction score
If you're asking me, you should quote me. That way I'm made aware that you're referring to me.

It's not an issue where I feel "entitled" or where I think I "deserve more" than anyone else. It's a frustration in not having enough facts to determine for myself if the Cowboys' actions are justified or they're just dysfunctional.

In the case of Greg Hardy, a pass rush deficient team is making themselves even weaker by not re-signing the best guy they had. As a fan, I think that a decision like that should be supported and justified. As a consumer, if you're giving me less, I'd like to know why I'm getting less. What that should change based on a sports team, I don't know. Why is it 'not OK' to ask questions for something I'm expected to pay for (to whatever degree) here?

If Hardy's actions are truly worthy of NFL banishment, bury him! Get the truth out there and let every team know what a bad guy he is, and let any fan like me that's not sure know the truth too! But this 'high road' garbage is just that. As much as you ask me why the Cowboys should tell everything, I ask you why they shouldn't? If they have nothing to hide, why hide the truth?

It sure sounds like you think you deserve the information as a fan.

We just will disagree on this. You are a fan. Not a decision maker or a shareholder or investor. You don't need and don't deserve all the information that goes into the various decisions the Cowboys make. If you don't like it, then you don't have to spend money on the Cowboys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It sure sounds like you think you deserve the information as a fan.

I don't think I "deserve" anything, but when you don't provide the facts, you invite speculation. And as much as some fans can assume that the Cowboys' actions are justified, given the lack of information, it's every bit as also able to assume that they might not be and that they may in fact have something to hide.

We just will disagree on this. You are a fan. Not a decision maker or a shareholder or investor. You don't need and don't deserve all the information that goes into the various decisions the Cowboys make. If you don't like it, then you don't have to spend money on the Cowboys.

Actually as a fan, I am very much an investor, because without people like you and me paying for it, there is no NFL.

Far too often, fans think that the only thing that should happen is for them to hand over their hard-earned money and be happy with whatever they do or don't get.

They wouldn't do it anywhere else, but for some reason, think they have no choice when it comes to sports.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think I "deserve" anything, but when you don't provide the facts, you invite speculation. And as much as some fans can assume that the Cowboys' actions are justified, given the lack of information, it's every bit as also able to assume that they might not be and that they may in fact have something to hide.

Actually as a fan, I am very much an investor, because without people like you and me paying for it, there is no NFL.

Far too often, fans think that the only thing that should happen is for them to hand over their hard-earned money and be happy with whatever they do or don't get.

They wouldn't do it anywhere else, but for some reason, think they have no choice when it comes to sports.

You are not an investor. You are a consumer. You are right, without fans, the NFL doesn't exist. But that's no different than if people didn't buy beer there would be no Budweiser. Or if people didn't need toothpaste, there would be no Colgate.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are not an investor. You are a consumer. You are right, without fans, the NFL doesn't exist. But that's no different than if people didn't buy beer there would be no Budweiser. Or if people didn't need toothpaste, there would be no Colgate.

OK, call it what you will, but there would be no NFL without us and we should never forget that.

And you're right it's no different than the others, and if we knew that Budweiser cut costs and the beer wasn't as good, we'd either demand answers or stop drinking it. And if Colgate changed their product, we'd expect the same answers. I don't understand why some people choose to expect less from a football team they pay money to see and support.

Sydla

Reaction score
OK, call it what you will, but there would be no NFL without us and we should never forget that.

And you're right it's no different than the others, and if we knew that Budweiser cut costs and the beer wasn't as good, we'd either demand answers or stop drinking it. And if Colgate changed their product, we'd expect the same answers. I don't understand why some people choose to expect less from a football team they pay money to see and support.

You are proving my point. If you don't like how the Cowboys share information or deal with the fans, you can stop using their product - i.e. stop buying tickets, merchandise, etc. Just like if Bud went cheap on ingredients and the beer sucked so you stopped buying it.............. or Colgate changed their product.

But you can't walk into the Budweiser plant and demand as a consumer that they share their recipe with you or that they divulge their marketing plan or craft beer acquisition plans for 2017 or why they decided to fire their Chief Marketing Officer. You aren't entitled to that information and if you think you are, then stop buying their products.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are proving my point. If you don't like how the Cowboys share information or deal with the fans, you can stop using their product - i.e. stop buying tickets, merchandise, etc. Just like if Bud went cheap on ingredients and the beer sucked so you stopped buying it.............. or Colgate changed their product.

And that's exactly what I'm claiming, nothing more.

But you can't walk into the Budweiser plant and demand as a consumer that they share their recipe with you or that they divulge their marketing plan or craft beer acquisition plans for 2017 or why they decided to fire their Chief Marketing Officer. You aren't entitled to that information and if you think you are, then stop buying their products.

And here's where you go apples to oranges trying to twist it into something it's not.

Sydla

Reaction score
And that's exactly what I'm claiming, nothing more.

And here's where you go apples to oranges trying to twist it into something it's not.

It's actually apples to apples.

You are essentially asking the Cowboys divulge information discussed behind closed doors that led to player personnel decisions, etc. That's akin to going to a major corporation and expecting them to share personnel information with you or other information that is generally not for public consumption.

ragman

Reaction score
Why hasn't Calvin Hill been thrown under the bus for what has happened to this team? Isn't it his job to work with troubled players? He should be fired because his methods don't seem to be working.

How about scouting director Will McClay, since the Cowboys keep drafting players with baggage.

I'm so tired of this!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's actually apples to apples.

You are essentially asking the Cowboys divulge information discussed behind closed doors that led to player personnel decisions, etc. That's akin to going to a major corporation and expecting them to share personnel information with you or other information that is generally not for public consumption.

I'm asking for reasons why the product got worse. When anyone else does it, people demand to know why, and rightly so. Only in sports are people expected to give a free pass. I don't.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bryan: The one thing I have learned working in this organization as a scout and now on the media side is that if something goes badly it is on all of us. It is true that Jerry Jones makes the final call on players but it’s not without gathering the opinions of everyone in the room – scouts, coaches, team doctors and support staff. They knew the potential risk of drafting Randy Gregory and as a staff they were willing to take that risk. You also need to pass blame on the player as well. It was Gregory on the night of the draft that told Jason Garrett that he wouldn’t have to worry about him after he was selected. The front office tried to help Gregory in various ways but there comes a point in time where the player has to take responsibility for their own actions and he just wasn’t able to do that.

David: That’s a fantastic question, and I don’t think I have a tidy answer for you. At some point, I think accountability ultimately sits with the adult professional tasked with keeping things together. But at the same time, I often wondered last year whether the Cowboys were disrupting the harmony of the locker room with some of the decisions they were making with their personnel. In addition to losing 12 games, it definitely feels like the 2015 season set the locker room culture back a bit. It’ll be interesting to see if they can rediscover the chemistry from the 2014 playoff run.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...t’s-gone-wrong-gregory-veteran-pass-rush-help

This is why Hardy isn't coming back to Dallas.