Why the "Dak is elite" narrative is so flawed

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
first off not many think Hes elite, hes not.

however many trying to downplay his 6-10 ranking is insanity. Hes very good to great franchise qb and for sure top 10 and all your numbers provided proof pf this his ranking are ALL within 6-7 area and his stats while a bit inflated due to our division they are nearly identical to josh allens numbers.
.so please stop downplaying Daks actual ranking and where he belongs.

the team is letting down dak more then the other way around. Regardless of his salary's, hes not the issue here..

these dak hate threads and both Romo and dak so underappreciated and hated on without mentioning other player ie team concept and coaching issues that created these droughts in the payoffs. Was obviously not dak fault we lost this game hes played well in his other 3 game like great and we still lost 2 of them much like Allen couldn't have played better why is hes at home, his defense and late coaching clock decisions, thats why,

its a Team game we need the defense, OL, coaching all to come together for oncer to win.

the blaming the qb is popular, blaming players with big contracts even mor popular but rolling with the popular opinion is what fans around the sports world BLEIVRE makes them look cool agreeing with sports idiots.

its not cool and its an ignorant take this isnt track and field nor individual sports or even basketball, its tough TEAM sport and weve seen over the last decade or so good qbs waste their careers here for many reasons outside their own play.

no dak didnt play great because he couldn't overcome 14 penalties, ol provided no holes for the run game, when they weren't holding daks running for his life with 4 man rush! ,. play calls were suspect and defense whole they figured it out in the second half were allowing 4 straight scores in the first and then jump offsides 3 times in the 2nd half to extend drives and allow the 93ers to eat more cock.

somehow that is all on dak because he cant play an uneven game of 1sts and 20 most of the game? have bigger plays called back over penalties or play another positions,

Never once have I said Dak is the sole reason for the team’s underachieving tendencies vs good teams. But having other players/reasons to blame doesn’t absolve Dak from his share of it…

Why exactly is it so upsetting to you guys for people to criticize the QB? I’m genuinely curious.

$40 million/year brings pressure and expectations. Like it or not, it does. Even Dak said “pressure is privilege”. For his price tag, you should be able to rely on him to show up and be much better than he has been in big games. There’s really nothing controversial about this whole thing.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Shut your biased Romo loving mouth. All you do is bash Dak while defending Romo, so your opinion holds no water. You're so guilty that you have to change a letter or two in certain words in order to cuss at me. Truth hurts, huh, biased one?

lmao...triggered! Like a child that you must be. We know you are hurting because you see Dak just the way a lot of others see him and it tears your little heart out. Dak will be gone someday then you can try and relax. Maybe you should adjust your sleep bed number?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Austin was a scrub wr???

Seriously?

Robinson had a great year one year from the slot...but didn't we just witness our 4th wr have 600 yards and 6 tds?

Now all of the sudden Dalton Schultze is Gronk right???

Are you really making this argument? For your own sake, I hope you got an early start on the bottle this morning. As a football player, Miles Austin was a nobody until Romo walked into his life. And he was a nobody once Romo left it. Same for Robinson.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yes..."dink and dunk" for 8 yards per completion.
That stat can be very misleading. You can throw a 1yd pass and the receiver or RB ect. runs it 50 yds.That goes down as a 51 yd pass on QB stats.That can really skew the #’s.I’m going to try and find average yds in air per attempt.But, I already know it was very conservative because I pay attention to the games.In 2016, her certainly wasn’t slinging it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Austin was a scrub wr???

Seriously?

Robinson had a great year one year from the slot...but didn't we just witness our 4th wr have 600 yards and 6 tds?

wouldn't say a scrub but they were Jags that Romo got them all paid ie very overrated once they left..Much like Harper for Aikman he was a system made player who was a scrub after he left..never lived up to his numbers here.

i know this Gallup, coop, and Lamb are not scrubs they are great..yes Daltons a bit of a jag and that why i would let him go easily replaced, hes system guy benefiting from all the attention paid to others. given the fact that Wilson and turner look pretty good gives Dak some credibility. so this debate lies somewhere in between.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lmao...triggered! Like a child that you must be. We know you are hurting because you see Dak just the way a lot of others see him and it tears your little heart out. Dak will be gone someday then you can try and relax. Maybe you should adjust your sleep bed number?
I'm not triggered. Just tired of you jokers who don't have your facts straight. Actually, I laugh at you all since Dak is going to be here for many more years. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. Thanks for the comical immature rants. Just lovely coming from grown men.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak walked into a pretty good situation in 2016.Zeke carried that team.Give it to Zeke 25-30 times a game,dink and dunk, & just don’t turn the ball over.Now he has certainly improved since 2016, but that was a dream situation for a rookie.
That is all I am saying. It's no knock on Dak. It just is the truth of the matter

And yes...he certainly has upped his game since then.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well then SHOW me. Put your money where your mouth is and show...us...all the bashings.

Liars hang on to lies....they just keep repeating it without any proof.
I'm not going to waste my time proving how you refuse to own what you say. We both know what you say.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Never once have I said Dak is the sole reason for the team’s underachieving tendencies vs good teams. But having other players/reasons to blame doesn’t absolve Dak from his share of it…

Why exactly is it so upsetting to you guys for people to criticize the QB? I’m genuinely curious.

$40 million/year brings pressure and expectations. Like it or not, it does. Even Dak said “pressure is privilege”. For his price tag, you should be able to rely on him to show up and be much better than he has been in big games. There’s really nothing controversial about this whole thing.

critical is one thing but absolute nonsense daks the reason we aren't having playoff success is nonsense. some ignorant imbeciles have him ranked in the 15-20 range and that is nonsense. compete bull spit. they are trying to put him in that Quincy category there a large little lump of fans in here claiming this. Nonsense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Austin was a scrub wr???

Seriously?

What did Miles do in Cleveland without Tony?

Again...it's not a knock on Miles. Not sure why you Romo haters think everything is bashing Dak or whoever.

Miles was one of my favorite players here. Tony made him a better player. It's not a knock on ANYONE....surely not Miles. He knew ho to run a route that's for sure.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
critical is one thing but absolute nonsense daks the reason we aren't having playoff success is nonsense. some ignorant imbeciles have him ranked in the 15-20 range and that is nonsense. compete bull spit. they are trying to put him in that Quincy category there a large little lump of fans in here claiming this. Nonsense.
I'm going on record...as I have said many times before. Dak isn't the reason we don't have playoff success.

I do not say he's perfect...that last pass on Thanksgiving Day....oh boy.....like some romo haters recount their Romo days..... that play crushed my heart....for a day.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not triggered. Just tired of you jokers who don't have your facts straight. Actually, I laugh at you all since Dak is going to be here for many more years. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. Thanks for the comical immature rants. Just lovely coming from grown men.

"facts"...like me changing "words" when it was just one word?

And it's me that has no credibility?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hear you there. The extremes of both sides are a little nauseating.

My opinion of Dak as a player has swayed through the years. I was a full believer after that Seahawk playoff game just because of the heart he showed. And through the years, he’s undeniably made huge improvements in his overall game. I’d never be stupid enough to say he’s average or below average.

But we’re seeing a pattern here with Dak (and the team he is a leader of) where they come out very timid and slow to start big games, then try to turn it on late once the game is all but lost. He’s regularly underperformed when the lights are brightest. It’s concerning.

I do still have a small amount of hope that he can find his stride, and play more consistently. Like many others have said, Dak is here for the foreseeable, so I’m definitely hoping for the best!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not going to waste my time proving how you refuse to own what you say. We both know what you say.

And yet here you sit...reply after reply. When you COULD have easily posted me "bashing Dak" instead. AT least a couple?

If I actually did. But you are right...that WOULD have been a complete waste of your time because it doesn't happen.