Why the "Dak is elite" narrative is so flawed

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I'm not triggered. Just tired of you jokers who don't have your facts straight. Actually, I laugh at you all since Dak is going to be here for many more years. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. Thanks for the comical immature rants. Just lovely coming from grown men.

Glad you like it, and, uh, you are totally triggered! lmao. Yes, Dak will be with the Cowboys for awhile but I guess that is the cross I have to bare.

Ken

Reaction score
Are you really making this argument? For your own sake, I hope you got an early start on the bottle this morning. As a football player, Miles Austin was a nobody until Romo walked into his life. And he was a nobody once Romo left it. Same for Robinson.
Romo was in his life for 3 years before he polished his game enough and improved enough to put up the numbers he did.

Let's stop acting like Austin wasn't fast, have good hands, and ran precise routes. Romo certainly helped him have big seasons because Romo was a good qb but Austin isn't an example of getting more out of a player than he was capable of.

Robinson yes. One year flash in the pan. Out of the league 1 year later.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo was in his life for 3 years before he polished his game enough and improved enough to put up the numbers he did.

Let's stop acting like Austin wasn't fast, have good hands, and ran precise routes. Romo certainly helped him have big seasons because Romo was a good qb but Austin isn't an example of getting more out of a player than he was capable of.

I beat you to it...I ALREADY said Miles ran great routes.

And Tony got him the ball.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am pretty sure you are the same people lol
LOL...I almost said the same thing about you and Americas Cowboy. But that'd be pretty silly wouldn't it? Accusing two people with similar thoughts MUST be one person?

But no...sorry.....you;d be wrong. As usual.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You’re right there. Austin was fast and had precise feet…. Well, until his hamstrings disintegrated!

Reactions: Ken

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm going on record...as I have said many times before. Dak isn't the reason we don't have playoff success.

I do not say he's perfect...that last pass on Thanksgiving Day....oh boy.....like some romo haters recount their Romo days..... that play crushed my heart....for a day.
that the deal

those arguing hes elite vs he sux are the group who are being either haters or overraters and won't let it go and gets the ret of us in the missed fighting them all off ..

on that play well i saw TB12 throw 3 int in an nfccg and still win , why was that called team having his back run the ball and paly defense ..saw tb12 play bad and be done early and retire this year.. his team did not bail him out.hes still elite it happens you need teams to support you or you lose games but at minimum dont have to team utterly destroy a game with 14 penalties and just don't have their game on point for the biggest one of the year., saw Mahomes who is elite also play bad and his team couldn't bail him out basically his last two games the sb loss and this latest loss in the afcccg..when hes not superman his team just coudnbt get it done...we watched lessor players like foles, flaccoo, eli have their team bail them out much like Garoppolo and goff at some points.they elevated their games to help their qb out..daks better then Garoppolo, goff, and foles, not flacco about even with Flacco but point is sometimes you do need team to take you to the SB thats for sure.
there's a reason that players like farve, rogers, wilson, and other pretty dang good qbs only have one SB..its tough to get to one and won one and when the team just doesn't have it thy lose.

Ken

Reaction score
What did Miles do in Cleveland without Tony?

Again...it's not a knock on Miles. Not sure why you Romo haters think everything is bashing Dak or whoever.

Miles was one of my favorite players here. Tony made him a better player. It's not a knock on ANYONE....surely not Miles. He knew ho to run a route that's for sure.
Miles was declining even before going to Cleveland.

Johnny Manziel and Brian Hoyer were certainly a step DOWN from Romo..lol

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that the deal

those arguing hes elite vs he sux are the group who are being either haters or overraters and won't let it go and gets the ret of us in the missed fighting them all off ..

on that play well i saw TB12 throw 3 int in an nfccg and still win , why was that called team having his back run the ball and paly defense ..saw tb12 play bad and be done early and retire this year.. his team did not bail him out.hes still elite it happens you need teams to support you or you lose games but at minimum dont have to team utterly destroy a game with 14 penalties and just don't have their game on point for the biggest one of the year., saw Mahomes who is elite also play bad and his team couldn't bail him out basically his last two games the sb loss and this latest loss in the afcccg..when hes not superman his team just coudnbt get it done...we watched lessor players like foles, flaccoo, eli have their team bail them out much like Garoppolo and goff at some points.they elevated their games to help their qb out..daks better then Garoppolo, goff, and foles, not flacco about even with Flacco but point is sometimes you do need team to take you to the SB thats for sure.
there's a reason that players like farve, rogers, wilson, and other pretty dang good qbs only have one SB..its tough to get to one and won one and when the team just doesn't have it thy lose.

I fully agree. Those penalties lord almighty. Zeke suffers from as much or more than Dak. Lotta his big runs called back. GRRRR! :mad:

Moore.....still trying to figure out the job. GRRR!!!!:mad:

Some silly drop passes! GRRRRRRR!:p

As was said a moment ago...it doesn't absolve or protect Dak from his contributions. We should be able to peacefully discuss it as well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Miles was declining even before going to Cleveland.

Johnny Manziel and Brian Hoyer were certainly a step DOWN from Romo..lol

Okay...so? Cleveland QB could not elevate Miles. That's my point.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
never claimed that, but carry on. You can cherry pick specific years of great talent, but on the whole, Romo played with much less weaponry than Dak ever has.
Romo never had an OL for most of his career, but Dak had one for a brief exploitable time, but good things never last, esp in the NFL.
losing T-Fred proved to be non-replaceable, and marked the point of pivotal decline for this OL.
Most here wouldnt be complaining as much about Daks obvious flaws if this OL was still considered a dominant feature.
Why we complain, and moan,, Im including myself btw, Jerry payed Dak to overcome that flaw, that investment.
We complain about Dak or any player commanding that Cap Hit, that price tag comes with being a hero and covering other obvious deviancies, its basic math.
Sorry for the rant, but was just agreeing with you with my frustration with the Dak Slobberers that buy his gear.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo never had an OL for most of his career, but Dak had one for a brief exploitable time, but good things never last, esp in the NFL.
losing T-Fred proved to be non-replaceable, and marked the point of pivotal decline for this OL.
Most here wouldnt be complaining as much about Daks obvious flaws if this OL was still considered a dominant feature.
Why we complain, and moan,, Im including myself btw, Jerry payed Dak to overcome that flaw, that investment.
We complain about Dak or any player commanding that Cap Hit, that price tag comes with being a hero and covering other obvious deviancies, its basic math.
Sorry for the rant, but was just agreeing with you with my frustration with the Dak Slobberers that buy his gear.
I love this entire post. I couldn’t agree more, man. I think we’re all just frustrated because you’re right, Dak is paid like a guy that should be able to mask some of the holes.
I also fully agree about the o-line. We did not take advantage of those 2-3 years of absolute dominance from that group (2014 with Romo, included). If that could somehow be patched up (sort of like the Chiefs did this year), I think Dak would play a lot better and the offense would be way more balanced and consistent.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brian Hoyer never elevated anything.

This isn't hard.
And yet here you are arguing my point. When we actually agree. Cleveland did NOT elevate Miles.

This shouldn't be hard. But we'd rather sit here and argue about stuff we agree on. :facepalm:

Ken

Reaction score
Where does this "Romo never had an OL" narrative come from?

He had good -very good OL's MOST of his career.

His first bad OL was in 2011- Costa at Center just killed them with pressure up the middle.
2nd one was 2012- Still had issues up the middle.

Other than that, very good OL's with multiple pro bowlers on them. Most Romo was ever sacked was 36 times.

Now...Dak in 2018 got sacked 56 times. That line featured a Rookie Connor Williams, he of leading the league in Penalties lore this year. It also had Joe Looney starting at center and Tyron and Zach missing 5 games.

So no....Dak hasn't always had great lines and Romo didn't always have bad lines lol

Ken

Reaction score
And yet here you are arguing my point. When we actually agree. Cleveland did NOT elevate Miles.

This shouldn't be hard. But we'd rather sit here and argue about stuff we agree on. :facepalm:
Ok....well...we don't agree and actually...lol....Cleveland DID elevate his game. :)

He went from 24 catches in his last year in Dallas to almost doubling that amount with 47 in cleveland. lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Where does this "Romo never had an OL" narrative come from?

He had good -very good OL's MOST of his career.

His first bad OL was in 2011- Costa at Center just killed them with pressure up the middle.
2nd one was 2012- Still had issues up the middle.

Other than that, very good OL's with multiple pro bowlers on them. Most Romo was ever sacked was 36 times.

Now...Dak in 2018 got sacked 56 times. That line featured a Rookie Connor Williams, he of leading the league in Penalties lore this year. It also had Joe Looney starting at center and Tyron and Zach missing 5 games.

So no....Dak hasn't always had great lines and Romo didn't always have bad lines lol
Wasn't the worst in league, but just a question, did you watch those games, Romo got drilled into the dirt most of his career.

Ken

Reaction score
Wasn't the worst in league, but just a question, did you watch those games, Romo got drilled into the dirt most of his career.
Again...can you prove that he had more bad lines than the two that I pointed out? I can't because he had good to very good lines his whole career.