Why the "Dak is elite" narrative is so flawed

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo was surrounded by a franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers in 2007 after his 2nd year starting. Count them: 13! He kept most of those players through the 2009 season. 3+ seasons surrounded by a franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers.

But, yeah, let's keep chirping how Romo never had talent around him.

never claimed that, but carry on. You can cherry pick specific years of great talent, but on the whole, Romo played with much less weaponry than Dak ever has.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's say Dak is ranked at 8 , for the sake of discussion. That would put him in the top 25% of the league. Top 25% of 32 teams.

Now you tell me, In what parallel universe is that average or slightly better than average?
Rich Gannon and Gus Frerotte were also top quarter of the league in their day. Didn’t mean they were great or deserved elite QB money lol

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Like the source or not, you’re still wrong. Educate yourself and quit speaking from emotion.

Being great in September doesn’t win championships. That’s a lesson you and your lover Dak could learn
Yeah I’m sure Dak should take some pointers from the likes of you…

Whoever puts Ryan Fitzpatrick and MVP in the same sentence or references such nonsense should never be taken seriously again.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah I’m sure Dak should take some pointers from the likes of you…

Whoever puts Ryan Fitzpatrick and MVP in the same sentence or references such nonsense should never be taken seriously again.
Are you 11 years old? Serious question. If you have any experience as an NFL fan, you’d know Ryan Fitzpatrick was legitimately being discussed as an mvp candidate with the Bills. And not from fringe fans, either. Feels like you’re arguing just to not admit you’re wrong.

Again, the NFL is a marathon. Great Septembers don’t mean anything when you crash and burn in December or January

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yeah QB’s are being financially rewarded for the style of football that’s being played right now. Running backs used to be the most important players on offense….now they’re spare parts.
Can someone clue in Jerry about that

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Are you 11 years old? Serious question. If you have any experience as an NFL fan, you’d know Ryan Fitzpatrick was legitimately being discussed as an mvp candidate with the Bills. And not from fringe fans, either. Feels like you’re arguing just to not admit you’re wrong.

Again, the NFL is a marathon. Great Septembers don’t mean anything when you crash and burn in December or January
I’m 11 and three quarters.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know exactly what I’m saying, so don’t ask rhetorical questions. The only reason you’re asking me this is because you dislike what I’m saying. Sorry that your buddy Dak is average.
Nah....I'm asking because of your dislike for Dak....it works both ways. We can all pick and choose stats....won't change the fact that he's our QB next year and we will all be rooting for him to succeed.....unless, you're a true hater, which I don't think you are.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing you post makes any sense. You just come on here spewing crap! Go find a team to root for with a QB you don’t think is a loser.

He is a troll, always has been, always will be.
This place really sucks more than usual. The front page is nothing but hate threads every day.

I been staying away or they to stay away from most of them. Believe me it is better.
Let the trolls,waste their time.
I am waiting on some real news so the front page is back to 10% real news and not 100% hate threads.

RaZon

Reaction score
Anyone who follows NFL football doesn't need a bunch of stats and numbers it's real obvious it was....

ELITE

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Patrick Mahomes
Russell Wilson
Josh Allen

Now ya can debate the rest but it is looking like Burrow and Herbert are heading to elite status real soon.

I always put Dak around 10ish, which is good just not elite, he has never been elite. That is why being paid as if he were simply sucks.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
That's a fair assessment. I'm more in the 6-10 range but can't holler all over anyone in the 8-12 grouping.

Here's the thing though...let's just put him at #9 for giggles. Brady retired so next year he's #8.

There is a vocal minority on this board that want to SEND THE 8TH BEST QB IN THE NFL into the wastebin! Cut. Gone. Just reroll a 5-10% chance of drafting one who might be better. Madness. Or trade massive draft capital for someone like Wilson who is only marginally better.

And before anyone squawks about his contract. Every QB in the top 10 from here on out will get paid more than Dak.

Someone could always step up their game next year. You can't just default him the position.