Why the Eagles will likely beat the Cowboys - Hurts or not

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Not happy at all, this makes me sick.

Cowboys are 24th in rushing defense.
Eagles are 4th in rushing offense.

Jacksonville rushed for a whopping 192 yards against Dallas last week. We are already missing many starters on defense, making this scenario even worse. All I can say is Dallas better be ready and play lights out if they want to win this one.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Take away Jalen Hurts and they go from 4th in rushing to 25th. Sanders is a really good back, but I think he is helped by the threat of Hurts pulling it and running. Teams can't load up to stop Sanders or hurts will pull it and take off. Minshew can't do this.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Take away Jalen Hurts and they go from 4th in rushing to 25th. Sanders is a really good back, but I think he is helped by the threat of Hurts pulling it and running. Teams can't load up to stop Sanders or hurts will pull it and take off. Minshew can't do this.

You’re subtracting Hurts’ rushes from the eagles total, as if those plays were disallowed and Philly has a couple hundred fewer offensive plays than everyone else?

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
You’re subtracting Hurts’ rushes from the eagles total, as if those plays were disallowed and Philly has a couple hundred fewer offensive plays than everyone else?
I'm simply saying that if they hadn't had Jalen Hurts all season that their rushing numbers would be different. If Minshew had been the starter all year the offense would look different. That's all.

starfan1

Reaction score

while you have a point looking at our pass defense lately does anyone here belive that Mimshew cant put up 350 against us? all they need to do is target corner opposite of Diggs and occassionally diggs and i see 350.Between AJ brown,Devonte Smith and goddard theres no question in mind that they wcould light up our secondary.

That said if we run the ball effectively and control TOP we could very well come out on top

Grevus

Reaction score
I'm simply saying that if they hadn't had Jalen Hurts all season that their rushing numbers would be different. If Minshew had been the starter all year the offense would look different. That's all.
Agreed. I've watched several Eagles games and Hurts' running has been a major factor for them.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ok, I know the Cowboys haven't been playing lights out lately. Like usual towards the end of the season. But the whining has to stop. Dallas can beat these teams if playing at their best.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The game Saturday is really meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The Cowboys and Eagles will both benefit from letting some guys rest and the outcome of the game won't move the needle for playoff implications.

The Cowboys had their chance to make this game a battle for the NFCE crown, but allowed that to evaporate in GB and disappear in Jacksonville.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Our run defense has been bad for several years now. Our middle is weak. A serious need in the draft.
While I'd love a better middle, my eye test says a lot of our run problems have been outside losing contain and misdirection sweeps and cutbacks. This looks like aggression and lack of discipline as much as anything, and our LBs are a half step slow to the outside. Someone can find stats to show where the run failures have been to back this up or refute it, but that's my eye test and no I don't watch film.

That said, if as team needs a first down against us like we needed last Sunday, I think three up the gut runs we would typically yield 10 yards.

Doomsday77

Reaction score

Jacksonville rushed for a whopping 192 yards against Dallas last week. We are already missing many starters on defense, making this scenario even worse. All I can say is Dallas better be ready and play lights out if they want to win this one.

Definitely a fair statement so let's figure this out collectively. What can we do to slow down their rushing attack? If we focus on controlling the edges I believe this will slow down our pass rush giving their QB1 or 2 plenty of time to pass. If this works then you can bet they will be dumping and dumping short passes, screens etc...to eliminate any pressures up the middle.
I think we control the edges and clog up the middle (passing lanes) and then hope our corners don't get exposed too badly.

GMO415

Reaction score
Wrong.

Don't expect to see the same Cowboys team that played against inferior teams. Dallas is known to play down to their opponents.

Second, Dallas is the only team in the NFL that hasn't lost two consecutive games.

Dallas wins.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Correct, with our injuries at key positions and the fact Philly is good even without Hurts, we will have a hard time beating them.

look at the qbs we nearly lost too of late having teams that shouldn't hang with us make it a 4th qtr game or ot loss. CB and LB come to mind

Now you have team in philly that more than their QB, one of the better OL/DLs in the game, great overall defense. lie we did with rush they can beat anyone even with a backup if the team shows up. remember Nick foles in 17..

this game will show how much we want this game at home after shocking losss, will their be soem head hanging and hangover from the loss or will we go out and prove we are a force.

ghst187

Reaction score

yeah remember the skins when RGIII was running the RPO? They were a dangerous playoff team…then he got hurt and couldn’t run it and they went to bottom dweller. Huge difference.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Wrong.

Don't expect to see the same Cowboys team that played against inferior teams. Dallas is known to play down to their opponents.

Second, Dallas is the only team in the NFL that hasn't lost two consecutive games.

Dallas wins.

I don’t think Philly had lost two consecutive, but I’ll have to go back and check my math.