Why the Eagles will likely beat the Cowboys - Hurts or not

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
While I'd love a better middle, my eye test says a lot of our run problems have been outside losing contain and misdirection sweeps and cutbacks. This looks like aggression and lack of discipline as much as anything, and our LBs are a half step slow to the outside. Someone can find stats to show where the run failures have been to back this up or refute it, but that's my eye test and no I don't watch film.

That said, if as team needs a first down against us like we needed last Sunday, I think three up the gut runs we would typically yield 10 yards.
Bingo. Teams have been abusing the over aggressive nature of this defense with a ton of success with outside zone runs and finding wide open cutback lanes.

we all loved it when it produced 5 sacks almost every game but it caught up to the cowboys quick and teams started finding guys not playing their responsibilities. No Hankins/LVE does leave the middle more vulnerable now though. It’ll be interesting to watch what the cowboys do until these guys are back.

davey999

Reaction score
They have a better team. They used the off-season to vastly improve their team and we did nothing. It also helps that they are relatively healthy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas is too bang up to overcome the Eagles...I get that and understand the logic and thinking behind that.

They still have a good run game without Hurts. But will it be as effective. Maybe, I don't expect to shut them down entirely without Hurts.
I can see Quinn going back to more emphasis on the pass rush with or without Hurts playing. Create pressure and mistakes with Minshew, as well, if Hurts is playing with a banged up shoulder, will he be thinking too much about it and be less effective.

Also the Eagles have a good defense overall. And with the way Dak has been playing, and our OL banged up. Can we maintain scoring in the 30's? Or will Dak continue his INT's?

I still think we can win, but it will be very tough hard fought game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vegas isnt.

Vegas does not have any inside info on injuries. Well no more than the media does. They are going by what the team is saying for now.
Oh, maybe someone kind of on the inside may feed some info, we never know.
I guess if we can have NFL / ref conspiracy theories, we can have betting theories as well.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are an average at best rushing team without the fake QB bailing out of the pocket to make up for what he lacks throwing the ball.

Odd thread.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Vegas does not have any inside info on injuries. Well no more than the media does. They are going by what the team is saying for now.
Oh, maybe someone kind of on the inside may feed some info, we never know.
I guess if we can have NFL / ref conspiracy theories, we can have betting theories as well.
Love me a good conspiracy.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not happy at all, this makes me sick.

Cowboys are 24th in rushing defense.
Eagles are 4th in rushing offense.

Jacksonville rushed for a whopping 192 yards against Dallas last week. We are already missing many starters on defense, making this scenario even worse. All I can say is Dallas better be ready and play lights out if they want to win this one.
You act like you don't want it to happen, but you really do..

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Take away Jalen Hurts and they go from 4th in rushing to 25th. Sanders is a really good back, but I think he is helped by the threat of Hurts pulling it and running. Teams can't load up to stop Sanders or hurts will pull it and take off. Minshew can't do this.
Very good point. Even if Hurts plays, he may not run as much due to that shoulder.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
The game Saturday is really meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The Cowboys and Eagles will both benefit from letting some guys rest and the outcome of the game won't move the needle for playoff implications.

The Cowboys had their chance to make this game a battle for the NFCE crown, but allowed that to evaporate in GB and disappear in Jacksonville.
Yea, but I hate the Eagles with a passion. I want the Cowboys to beat them down like the dogs they are.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Wrong.

Don't expect to see the same Cowboys team that played against inferior teams. Dallas is known to play down to their opponents.

Second, Dallas is the only team in the NFL that hasn't lost two consecutive games.

Dallas wins.

The Eagles lost 2 in a row?

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
They are an average at best rushing team without the fake QB bailing out of the pocket to make up for what he lacks throwing the ball.

Odd thread.

Bro. I have a guy on here claiming I'm an Eagle fan because all I do is defend the Eagles but I think you need to go watch Hurtz. He's been dropping dimes all season.