Why the Eagles will likely beat the Cowboys - Hurts or not

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yea, but I hate the Eagles with a passion. I want the Cowboys to beat them down like the dogs they are.
I hear that, but without the walking wounded. Some guys should probably be rested or at least on lighter duty at this point.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Our run defense will be the death of us. All the playoff teams in the NFC have good rushing attacks...
:hammer:Its why we have never competed in the playoffs. WR, QB, RB jerseys sell more than DL and DT jerseys. Our GM and son will always make decisions for their wallet over the team. There is a reason why the Eags went after what was left of the top DL's. They have a much smarter FO than the DC.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Plus, Jalen Hurts may not be as injured as we're led to believe.
Winning has a way of healing injuries on a successful team. Hurts is a gamer and smells blood in the water. He'll be in the lineup when it counts.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not happy at all, this makes me sick.

Cowboys are 24th in rushing defense.
Eagles are 4th in rushing offense.

Jacksonville rushed for a whopping 192 yards against Dallas last week. We are already missing many starters on defense, making this scenario even worse. All I can say is Dallas better be ready and play lights out if they want to win this one.
The Cowboys will win with a high margin of points.
The Eagles will rest other players in this one as the #1 seed is all but a wrap for them.
The forums here will be plentiful of SB talk and the Greatness of Dak till we lose at Titan land.
That's all for now....:eek:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Wrong.

Don't expect to see the same Cowboys team that played against inferior teams. Dallas is known to play down to their opponents.

Second, Dallas is the only team in the NFL that hasn't lost two consecutive games.

Dallas wins.

Neither KC nor Minnesota has lost back to back games

And Philly is 13-1.... So there's that.....

Rayman70

Reaction score
this has been an issue for years. Hankins getting hurt was huge.

exciter

Reaction score
You’re subtracting Hurts’ rushes from the eagles total, as if those plays were disallowed and Philly has a couple hundred fewer offensive plays than everyone else?
Hurts makes there running game more effective because of the threat he creates with the read option. Don’t think Mustache is going to present close to that effect!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Jacksonville rushed for a whopping 192 yards against Dallas last week. We are already missing many starters on defense, making this scenario even worse. All I can say is Dallas better be ready and play lights out if they want to win this one.
560639-CD-DDA3-402-A-A624-F44-ACE41817-D.gif

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Vegas does not have any inside info on injuries. Well no more than the media does. They are going by what the team is saying for now.
Oh, maybe someone kind of on the inside may feed some info, we never know.
I guess if we can have NFL / ref conspiracy theories, we can have betting theories as well.

I’m willing to go out in a limb and say Vegas does have inside info on injuries. The line made a dramatic move even before Schefter reported it. It could always be that the Eagles purposely leaked it to gain an advantage but I doubt that theory.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Tom Selleck AKA Minshew is just as good as Rush is or better. He can beat us. We must be prepared either way.
speaking-about-the-famous-mustache.gif

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The pass defense is a much bigger concern than the rushing defense. You can survive teams running on you if you can hold down the pass. But the passing defense is collapsing lately, and that (and the ability to stay balanced) is what's allowed teams to pile up points.

catiii

Reaction score
Wrong.

Don't expect to see the same Cowboys team that played against inferior teams. Dallas is known to play down to their opponents.

Second, Dallas is the only team in the NFL that hasn't lost two consecutive games.

Dallas wins.
OOOoooo keep away from the roulette wheel and the craps table!!! Streaks are more common. Better odds for a second loss in a row.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The pass defense is a much bigger concern than the rushing defense. You can survive teams running on you if you can hold down the pass. But the passing defense is collapsing lately, and that (and the ability to stay balanced) is what's allowed teams to pile up points.
KJ has been awful. I think that experiment is nearly over.

MS17

Reaction score
We see a sense of urgency Christmas eve, and the good home team edges the division leader with a late Maher FG. Eagles claim they 'rested people' boarding the plane home.

Dakota

Reaction score
This game had already been diminished to some extent due to Sunday's loss. Philly has had some close games they have managed to win. They slipped a bit but still only lost one game. We are currently not playing our best ball. Prior to Sunday, philly seemed to be hitting their stride. Again, close game but they won. Their passing and running game both look strong. The pass rush actually looks great. Secondary is playing strong. Their run defense is still a bit suspect. Overall, I would not be the slightest bit surprised if they win this game, even with minshew. We need to focus on getting healthy, cleaning up some things on offense and shoring up our defense. A loss to philly is not the end of our season it could be however if we don't learn from it before entering the post season.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys will beat the igglets with or without hurts. But it's not looking likely they beat anyone in the playoffs unless they get hot before then.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

The Eagles have more heart and are a hell of a lot more nastier than the Boys will ever be.