Why the Eagles will likely beat the Cowboys - Hurts or not

Rayman70

Reaction score
healthier teams that are balanced tend to win in the playoffs. We are neither right now.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We see a sense of urgency Christmas eve, and the good home team edges the division leader with a late Maher FG. Eagles claim they 'rested people' boarding the plane home.
I believe Dak said something like..
Winners win and losers think about winning.
Don't quote me though.
All kidding aside, I don't care who is starting or sitting for the Eagles, this Cowboys team needs to win this game for far more than post season seeding value.
The value of this game Christmas Eve is in the repetition's vs the gorilla in the room, postseason, gaining some experience is most valuable.
If we have to do it vs Minshew with no Hurts then so be it or vice versa even better but bottom line is this game has more relevance then being scripted.
Need to win this game Irregardless, doesn't matter that it means nothing as far as seeding.

Zman5

Reaction score
As you can see their run defense isn't much better than ours if at all. They gave up more rushing TDs and more YPC than our run defense.
It's just that teams have attempted more runs against us hence higher total rush yards given up.

Their run offense is better than ours, but it isn't much better like people/mediots make it out to be. It's just that they are more committed to it than we are.

Run Defense

Eagles
Att Yds YPC TD

359 1695 4.7 12

Cowboys
Att
Yds YPC TD
403 1863 4.6 7

Rush Offense

Eagles
Att Yds YPC TD

466 2220 4.8 30

Cowboys
Att
Yds YPC TD
441 2032 4.6 22

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Not happy at all, this makes me sick.

Cowboys are 24th in rushing defense.
Eagles are 4th in rushing offense.

Jacksonville rushed for a whopping 192 yards against Dallas last week. We are already missing many starters on defense, making this scenario even worse. All I can say is Dallas better be ready and play lights out if they want to win this one.
Now why are they 4th in rushing defense, hmmm?

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
Unless a prime Sean Lee steps into the locker room, we are cooked against the run.

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
As of now Cowboys are -5.5 point favorites. not only will the Cowboys win but will win by more then 5.5 points.

It’s a trap to get eagle bets in. It will be a beautiful Christmas for Vegas after they take all their money.

Cowboys will win.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
This is what I am thinking, they are playing possum on this. Then all of a sudden right before game time...he trots out there....I am 95% positive on that as of today.
Reading between the headlines it sure sounds like he’s playing

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Even Diggs has struggled in the secondary recently.
The whole defense is down.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well the pendulum has swung completely the other way now.

In the beginning of the season it was the offense that had the injuries and the defense stepped up and saved the season.

Now the defense is a wounded mess and the offense is very healthy in comparison and it's time for them to step up and earn their money.

There is no reason why we can't beat the Eagles at home without their starting quarterback.
If we take care of the football eliminate penalties and the coaching develops a clue we should be able to pull this game off.
But if we mismanage the clock throw interceptions and accumulate false starts and three and outs we are done.

We must move the chains keep the defense off the field and fresh as possible as we are out manned.
Three and out is unacceptable with the talent we have on offense.