News: Why the exclusive tag and not the non-exclusive tag on Dak?

blindzebra

Reaction score
Boohoo!! The lack of respect fans are showing Byron Jones is disgusting!! The man has been a yes-man his whole time here!! He changed positions without complaining multiple times and Is the type of guy I would hope my daughter dates some day !! So what if he's just an ok player? Pay the man!! Breakour team's salary cap, I don't care!! I just want to see my man Byron Jones get paid consequences be damned!! Byron Jones has won 40 games by the way and had his best year last year.. pay the man!! Haters!!

See how dumb that sounds?
What sounds dumb is the BS argument that paying Dak ruins the cap. Making Crawford take a pay cut or be released and a restructure or two and they have 100 million of cap room. It is clear that the defense is focusing on pressure, which makes average DBs good. They think keeping and adding a couple of pieces up front will cover his loss. Corners are a hell of a lot easier to find than QBs.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Ok Dak..

We get it.

Get your money.

But please do it somewhere like tampa where they don't care about winning and are used to mediocrity.

You obviously don't care about winning, so go get your money it's ok.
What a load of crap. Dude played 4 years and barely made what the tender offer to Rush is going to pay him.

Did he hold out like Zeke did with 2 years left on his contract.

Did he play with a smashed finger on his throwing hand and a sprained AC joint on his throwing shoulder...that he needed a shot to raise above his head...for a month?

Sure sounds like it is all about money and he does not care about winning.

Kwyn

Reaction score
It is really simple.
They offered 33, 6 years, 90 guaranteed.
The length and the 20 million less than what Goff got in guaranteed money is why the offer was not taken. The tag is 33, what they offered, their offer was already lowballing him based on what Wentz and Goff got, to put the lower tag would just be another slap in the face. They caved to Zeke when he had 2 years left on his deal. Zeke who has had off field issues, got suspended, and then held out. Dak played 4 years for nothing, has 40 wins, 2 division titles, did not hold out, and kept the contract from being a distraction, had his best statistical year, and played hurt the last month of the season.

The lack of respect the fans and the Jones' are showing him is pathetic.
What is your source for those figures your are stating were offered and rejected?

blindzebra

Reaction score
You should have said that to your idol whose picture you use as your avatar.

Don't be a hypocrite. It doesn't look good.
Yeah, where was he when Tony got his big payday for those whopping 2 playoff wins he had? Cue the he had no talent around him and defense let him down excuses...you know the ones they won't allow anyone to use for Dak.

starcity214

Reaction score
What a load of crap. Dude played 4 years and barely made what the tender offer to Rush is going to pay him.

Did he hold out like Zeke did with 2 years left on his contract.

Did he play with a smashed finger on his throwing hand and a sprained AC joint on his throwing shoulder...that he needed a shot to raise above his head...for a month?

Sure sounds like it is all about money and he does not care about winning.

Tell me when he does all of that AFTER getting paid.

The man ovioiously has his eyes set on making that cheddar (and by all means Dak, go ahead and get your money) What is the first thing that comes to people's mind when Dak is being discussed?obviously it's Not raw talent. Not arm strenght or super bowl wins..
People always bring up the fact that he's durable as his main talent lol

Do you honestly think he would sit out games? I doubt he did it because he cares about "winning" because if he was injured againat Philly, why even play? That's why you have backups in the team right?

Look, Dak wanting to get paid isn't a bad thing.. he deserves whatever is coming to him.
That being said, the same reason you don't pay Byron Jones is the same reason you shouldn't pay Dak.

Sure, some team is going to overpay Byron Jones (and regret it later) but you can't go around paying good players like they're elite you just can't!

I wouldn't mind if the cowboys paid Mahomes, Wentz, or even Watson 35 plus because those guys have elite talent and Dak simply isn't in their league. Same as Byron Jones shouldn't be paid as much as Gilmore but we both know some dumb team will do it.

blindzebra

Reaction score

The man ovioiously has his eyes set on making that cheddar (and by all means Dak, go ahead and get your money) What is the first thing that comes to people's mind when Dak is being discussed?obviously it's Not raw talent. Not arm strenght or super bowl wins..

Do you honestly think he would sit out games? I doubt he did it because he cares about "winning" because if he was injured againat Philly, why even play? That's why you have backups in the team right?

Look, Dak wanting to get paid isn't a bad thing.. he deserves whatever is coming to him.
That being said, the same reason you don't pay Byron Jones is the same reason you shouldn't pay Dak.

Sure, some team is going to overpay Byron Jones (and regret it later) but you can't go around paying good players like they're elite you just can't!

I wouldn't mind if the cowboys paid Mahomes, Wentz, or even Watson 35 plus because those guys have elite talent and Dak simply isn't in their league. Same as Byron Jones shouldn't be paid as much as Gilmore but we both know some dumb team will do it.
Funny how, other than Mahomes, their elite talent has not outperformed Dak....cue surrounding talent myth.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Wince or Watson are elite talent? :facepalm:

Stop typing already.

starcity214

Reaction score
Funny how, other than Mahomes, their elite talent has not outperformed Dak....cue surrounding talent myth.

Bro..

Please! Don't let your Dak colored glasses blind you!

One game..

Cooper, Gallup and Zeke are injured..

Jackson, Jeffreys and whoever the hell is their starting RB is also injured..

Who do you think would win that game? Defenses and coaching being even, just based on raw talent and ability to do "more with less" who do you honestly think would have a better game?

I'll give you a hint, Jaaon Garrett, Derek Carr and even Kitna apparently beat out the guy who isn't as talented as the others in silly one on one throwing contests..

Why on earth do you guys keep believing Dak is so great?

The NFL execs have said Dak is average..
EVERYONE agrees the only reason Dak would get paid is that because he is the next oneup and NONE say that it is based on his talent..

Even our own GM doesn't believe he is worth it, I don't recall Zeke being told to take a team friendly deal. Emmitt was just the mouth piece to Jerry, this way, Dak comes out greedy to the fans and the team saves face after moving on by blaming Dak's agent, but in reality,money isn't the issue. Jerry doesn't get hand cramps he just doesn't believe Dak is the guy, open your eyes.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Just to note, the non exclusive tag gives you the right to match OR take two first round picks. If some team offers Dak $33m and he signs, then you just match it and its over. Teams can't poison pill anymore.

The only way that you lose him is if some team offers him a gargantuan deal. Like $40m. if they do, then Dak already knows that is his market value and he isn't going to sign for less. You have to ask yourself, would you prefer Dak at $40m or two 1st round picks and no QB? The possibility of losing Dak for a reasonable salary isn't there with the non exclusive like people make it out to be.

Giving Dak the exclusive is foolish. A typical Jones mistake.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Bro..

Please! Don't let your Dak colored glasses blind you!

One game..

Cooper, Gallup and Zeke are injured..

Jackson, Jeffreys and whoever the hell is their starting RB is also injured..

Who do you think would win that game? Defenses and coaching being even, just based on raw talent and ability to do "more with less" who do you honestly think would have a better game?

I'll give you a hint, Jaaon Garrett, Derek Carr and even Kitna apparently beat out the guy who isn't as talented as the others in silly one on one throwing contests..

Why on earth do you guys keep believing Dak is so great?

The NFL execs have said Dak is average..
EVERYONE agrees the only reason Dak would get paid is that because he is the next oneup and NONE say that it is based on his talent..

Even our own GM doesn't believe he is worth it, I don't recall Zeke being told to take a team friendly deal. Emmitt was just the mouth piece to Jerry, this way, Dak comes out greedy to the fans and the team saves face after moving on by blaming Dak's agent, but in reality,money isn't the issue. Jerry doesn't get hand cramps he just doesn't believe Dak is the guy, open your eyes.
I love how you project your warped perspective as if everyone feels the same. You guys should be on meds, seriously seek a mental health professional.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just to note, the non exclusive tag gives you the right to match OR take two first round picks. If some team offers Dak $33m and he signs, then you just match it and its over. Teams can't poison pill anymore.

The only way that you lose him is if some team offers him a gargantuan deal. Like $40m. if they do, then Dak already knows that is his market value and he isn't going to sign for less. You have to ask yourself, would you prefer Dak at $40m or two 1st round picks and no QB? The possibility of losing Dak for a reasonable salary isn't there with the non exclusive like people make it out to be.

Giving Dak the exclusive is foolish. A typical Jones mistake.
Why is giving Dak the exclusive franchise tag...foolish???

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The haters will compare Dak to any other quarterback who wins the Superbowl. Can you imagine had the Niners won? Jimmy would also be better than Mahomes AND Dak. The mind of a hater is like a gerbil running in it's wheel. :laugh:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 no 1 picks for Dak....now that is massive JOKE!
Personally no team would even give a no 1 pick for him period.
A QB who can only beat dog teams and falls on his face against playoff teams ain't worth nada in the real world NFL!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I still think a deal gets done with Dak in time for the franchise tag to be put on Cooper. If that doesn't happen then maybe it will be the other way around.

LittleD

Reaction score
It is really simple.
They offered 33, 6 years, 90 guaranteed.
The length and the 20 million less than what Goff got in guaranteed money is why the offer was not taken. The tag is 33, what they offered, their offer was already lowballing him based on what Wentz and Goff got, to put the lower tag would just be another slap in the face. They caved to Zeke when he had 2 years left on his deal. Zeke who has had off field issues, got suspended, and then held out. Dak played 4 years for nothing, has 40 wins, 2 division titles, did not hold out, and kept the contract from being a distraction, had his best statistical year, and played hurt the last month of the season.

The lack of respect the fans and the Jones' are showing him is pathetic.

If Dak was worth it then I would be all for it. But, Dak ain't Brady...Sorry!

LittleD

Reaction score
What sounds dumb is the BS argument that paying Dak ruins the cap. Making Crawford take a pay cut or be released and a restructure or two and they have 100 million of cap room. It is clear that the defense is focusing on pressure, which makes average DBs good. They think keeping and adding a couple of pieces up front will cover his loss. Corners are a hell of a lot easier to find than QBs.

Dak isn't worth the money like Crawford wasn't worth the money like Jalen isn't worth the money like Zeke wasn't worth the money...Get It!