Why the Tomato Was Feared in Europe for More Than 200 Years

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
If finding factual data is the scientific nature of science, then why is hydrogen considered the most abundant element known to man?

It's been proven that all physical objects are made up of carbon. It's also been proven that heat sources create carbon (gases) naturally. If every star in the universe is a heat source, shouldn't carbon be the most abundant element known to man?

And I'm not looking for hypothetical theories of the sun's core or that no neutron, simple element crap. Give me real actual proof. Because I think its carbon not hydrogen that's very abundant.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If finding factual data is the scientific nature of science, then why is hydrogen considered the most abundant element known to man?

It's been proven that all physical objects are made up of carbon. It's also been proven that heat sources create carbon (gases) naturally. If every star in the universe is a heat source, shouldn't carbon be the most abundant element known to man?

And I'm not looking for hypothetical theories of the sun's core or that no neutron, simple element crap. Give me real actual proof. Because I think its carbon not hydrogen that's very abundant.

it is not the sun, but it is in the same ballpark, and an interesting video.

and along Biblical lines, the moon is her own light source and for signs and seasons

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Where did you read that all physical objects are made of carbon? All life forms that we know of are carbon based, but not made of carbon. Our bodies are mostly water, and water is mostly hydrogen. Also, stars are made mostly of hydrogen, which is what fuels them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
it is not the sun, but it is in the same ballpark, and an interesting video.

and along Biblical lines, the moon is her own light source and for signs and seasons

How ridiculous. I'll never understand people who think the moon could possibly be its own light source, when (a) - It has phases, and (b) - You can see shadows on it. For a so-called scientist to claim it's made of plasma tells me he's insane.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
How ridiculous. I'll never understand people who think the moon could possibly be its own light source, when (a) - It has phases, and (b) - You can see shadows on it. For a so-called scientist to claim it's made of plasma tells me he's insane.

It is a joke, but I had a plasma tv, and I could make part of the screen black while the other lit up

People believe what NASA tells them about space, and it is more far fetched than that video.

Have you heard of operation paperclip? We brought over n azi scientists after world war 2, and they started Nasa and continued their monarch mind control experiments.

Jack parsens started J.P.L, and he was involved in all sorts of stuff

They started putting fluroide in the water systems

The founder of nasa walter von braun, look up that psalm
iu

Look into what he said to care giver before he died. Conspiracy or not conspiracy, It is interesting

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Where did you read that all physical objects are made of carbon? All life forms that we know of are carbon based, but not made of carbon. Our bodies are mostly water, and water is mostly hydrogen. Also, stars are made mostly of hydrogen, which is what fuels them.
Our science teacher in seventh grade told us that at the center of every atom is carbon. So the neutron or nucleus is carbon based. The moon, the asteroids, water...all carbon based. She said carbon is what gives every atom its weight. And that is what makes carbon dating so effective.

So going of her teachings, carbon would be the most abundant element known to man. Because it's at the center of every atom.

Unless she was full of B.S. But it didn't sound like B.S. when she said it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Our science teacher in seventh grade told us that at the center of every atom is carbon. So the neutron or nucleus is carbon based. The moon, the asteroids, water...all carbon based. She said carbon is what gives every atom its weight. And that is what makes carbon dating so effective.

So going of her teachings, carbon would be the most abundant element known to man. Because it's at the center of every atom.

Unless she was full of B.S. But it didn't sound like B.S. when she said it.
If she said that, she was wrong. Carbon is itself an atom. The center of every atom is made up of protons and/or neutrons, which are made up of quarks. No carbon in any of those, since those are required to make carbon.

Turk

Reaction score
If she said that, she was wrong. Carbon is itself an atom. The center of every atom is made up of protons and/or neutrons, which are made up of quarks. No carbon in any of those, since those are required to make carbon.

What we think we know and what we do not know combines to pretty much change the game every 20 years or so.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What we think we know and what we do not know combines to pretty much change the game every 20 years or so.
To my knowledge, science has never thought the nucleus of an atom was made of carbon.

Turk

Reaction score
To my knowledge, science has never thought the nucleus of an atom was made of carbon.
well, 'science' once thought a number of things you seem to want to forget....

The arrogance of so many now amuse me. Humans think they know so much; they are not even in kindergarten as regards knowing about the universe.
So those puffing about science are actually rather pathetic.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
well, 'science' once thought a number of things you seem to want to forget....

The arrogance of so many now amuse me. Humans think they know so much; they are not even in kindergarten as regards knowing about the universe.
So those puffing about science are actually rather pathetic.
"Not even in kindergarten"? So tell me, who's in an advanced grade?

Enough of this. If you want to debate the merits of science, start a thread about it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The more you think about the distances involved, the easier it is to picture how the moon can appear to be illuminated. A lot of people (not saying you're one of them) look at the models of the solar system, etc. and don't realize the models aren't even close to being to scale. If they made an accurate model, it would have to be enormous, just to make it possible to perceive the different bodies. I can't really speak for what you witnessed, without seeing it myself. I see almost every sunrise M-F, and I can see by the moon exactly where the sun is going to come up. (Except when it's full)

I watched a video with some guys who made a model of the solar system out in the desert. They started their scale by using a marble for the size of Earth. From the Sun to Earth it was 579ft. From the Sun to Neptune it was 3.5 miles. The Earth to the Moon was 2 inches. So, using this scale, humanity has explored only 2 inches of the solar system/universe. lol

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I watched a video with some guys who made a model of the solar system out in the desert. They started their scale by using a marble for the size of Earth. From the Sun to Earth it was 579ft. From the Sun to Neptune it was 3.5 miles. The Earth to the Moon was 2 inches. So, using this scale, humanity has explored only 2 inches of the solar system/universe. lol

they are working on expanding this

iu

No way this is fake. No need for a compilation in this picture, like every changing picture of earth from nasa. The passenger got out and took the picture, then got back in

Last edited:

Turk

Reaction score
"Not even in kindergarten"? So tell me, who's in an advanced grade?

Enough of this. If you want to debate the merits of science, start a thread about it.
You were the one puffing about it. Go and hide if you want.