FEATURED Why this season is going to be great!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
With my girls slowly becoming independent my personal balance sheet and calendar are improving. Hence more time to do things I would like to do. I am very interested to see how Cowboys football fits into that because my dislike of Jerry and Stevie is at its apex.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Speak for YOURSELF
This team sucks and offers no more sense of enjoyment.

THERE IS NOTHING GREAT of being a fan of a MEDIOCRE TEAM
How the hell do pro sports survive? 85% of the teams, by definition are mediocre or below even that. Yet on opening day, you will be sitting in front of your Tv watching and cheering, just like you do every year, for every game. So since this whole thing offers absolutely no enjoyment, I guess it is just this forum that gets you going. So Im glad I could be a part of whatever enjoyment you get from being around here.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It's like arguing with family. No, you're not happy to be right about something that is negative about your family. But if it is TRUE - and you turn out to be right in the end - it's not misery. No it's not bliss of everyone "getting along" but it's also like "I'm not as mad as you are because 1) the team is losing and most importantly, 2) you are wrong and I am right. There's solace in that in the end.

The worst is to "believe" and be duped year after year after year. At that point you are a tool or instrument of the organization. I use the Cowboys to add color to my life...they are not going to use me up like a wash rag.
How can you possibly assume anyone is being "Duped?" Anyone that is even slightly more than a casual sports fan knows there is never a sure thing.

The Rams won a SB a couple years back as well as the Iglles, and nobody was picking them to win it before the season started.

I guess every year the Pats didnt win it, those fans were duped? That is ridiculous. So you think when Jerry says he is all in, that I popped open a bottle and started celebrating? smh

Reid1boys

Reaction score
What makes you a fan of hiring Zimmer? It sure isn't logic.
It doesnt matter who they hire. Quinn was so great right... so great he was a hot commodity to hire as a head coach by many teams over the past two years. And yet everytime we played a really good team, it seemed our defense got worked.

So you think any coach we hire is going to make a difference? not unless they can play tackle.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
How can you possibly assume anyone is being "Duped?" Anyone that is even slightly more than a casual sports fan knows there is never a sure thing.

The Rams won a SB a couple years back as well as the Iglles, and nobody was picking them to win it before the season started.

I guess every year the Pats didnt win it, those fans were duped? That is ridiculous. So you think when Jerry says he is all in, that I popped open a bottle and started celebrating? smh
Your recommended stance - as stated in your original post - reminds me of the sign above many Buddhist temples: “Leave your shoes and mind at the door.”

No thank you. Shoes maybe…but my conscious mind will be coming with me and I won’t be zen just so I can feel good all over about losing. Fanatics (Fans) move the team forward by cheering but also by BOOING, JEERING AND DEMANDING BETTER. In order to do that, I need my mind, my criticism, my analysis, my cynicism…all the things you are telling me to “turn off” and “ be blissful about losing”.

Now to get to that state of mind, either I was fully deceived (dupe) or I voluntarily have gone into a stupor. The two states of mind are a distinction without a difference.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's like arguing with family. No, you're not happy to be right about something that is negative about your family. But if it is TRUE - and you turn out to be right in the end - it's not misery. No it's not bliss of everyone "getting along" but it's also like "I'm not as mad as you are because 1) the team is losing and most importantly, 2) you are wrong and I am right. There's solace in that in the end.

The worst is to "believe" and be duped year after year after year. At that point you are a tool or instrument of the organization. I use the Cowboys to add color to my life...they are not going to use me up like a wash rag.
That’s because you’ve obviously already let them. You’re always negative and not happy. Always complaining. But you have the right.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
That’s because you’ve obviously already let them. You’re always negative and not happy. Always complaining. But you have the right.
Didn’t you start a post ABANDONING the team after a loss?

You are allowed to be emotional and melodramatic…cool. But so are OTHER POSTERS….there’s a range of emotions fans express and you are NOT THE HALL MONITOR FOR FANDOM OR THEIR EMOTIONS

Own your own emotions…and manage them. THEN MAYBE, you can spend time on the actions/emtions/feelings of others.

Reactions: CWR

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I remember way waaaaay back when I actually loved the NBA as much as the NFL. Now, I might watch the last 5 minutes of a game 7 playoff game. Basketball is just so boring to me. Actually, I probably wouldn't even watch that. Where did the Larry Birds, Dr J's, Magic Johnson, Bad Boys, go?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Your recommended stance - as stated in your original post - reminds me of the sign above many Buddhist temples: “Leave your shoes and mind at the door.”

No thank you. Shoes maybe…but my conscious mind will be coming with me and I won’t be zen just so I can feel good all over about losing. Fanatics (Fans) move the team forward by cheering but also by BOOING, JEERING AND DEMANDING BETTER. In order to do that, I need my mind, my criticism, my analysis, my cynicism…all the things you are telling me to “turn off” and “ be blissful about losing”.

Now to get to that state of mind, either I was fully deceived (dupe) or I voluntarily have gone into a stupor. The two states of mind are a distinction without a difference.
What you are saying is you cant enjy the season until we win a SB... you know that makes no sense, yes? So the entire season sucks, and bam, we win a SB, now you retroactively enjoy the season?
Or do you start off the following season enjoying things , since the team won a SB, then the teams pulls a Rams and sucks the entire season... now you really have a quandary? What to do, what to do?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You are allowed to be emotional and melodramatic…cool. But so are OTHER POSTERS….there’s a range of emotions fans express and you are NOT THE HALL MONITOR FOR FANDOM OR THEIR EMOTIONS

Own your own emotions…and manage them. THEN MAYBE, you can spend time on the actions/emtions/feelings of others.
Hate on brah.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What you are saying is you cant enjy the season until we win a SB... you know that makes no sense, yes? So the entire season sucks, and bam, we win a SB, now you retroactively enjoy the season?
Or do you start off the following season enjoying things , since the team won a SB, then the teams pulls a Rams and sucks the entire season... now you really have a quandary? What to do, what to do?
He’s a bandwagon fan.

CWR

Reaction score
well then you have been noting but miserable since 1996, so since we al lknow that isnt changing this year either, get ready to be miserable once again.

Enjoy!
There's a pretty wide gap between nothing better and miserable.

I usually start off ecstatic and end up miserable. There's are many ups and downs.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I played sports my entire life. Sports consumed me growing up. At age 8, I could name the Cowboys entire roster with their number. Football season turned into Basketball which turned into Baseball, and the cycle repeated. I watched sports on tv probably 4 days week or more. Over the years, time spent watching baseball and basketball has dwindled. Time spent on the NFL has increased.

In today's world, EVERY NFL game can be watched on TV and I do my very best to watch them all...lol. The day the schedule is released, my daughter and I start mapping out the games wed like to attend. Then we look at work schedules to see which is best suited to our schedules. We then look to cities we have not been in. Then we consider price. Id like to go to the Steelers game, but right now, I can do 2 games for the price of that game, so like the last time we played in Pittsburgh, we will probably skip that stadium, again. As of today, we are attending the opener against the Saints, the home game in Nov against the Eagles, and the road game against the Niners. At that point, depending on how the season is going, we will consider if we want to do any others. The last game against Washington is in my sights.

The internet has allowed all of us to live the NFL basically all year. Season ends and the combine is in the window, then free agency (short lived for us this year) then the draft, then rookie minicamp, OTA's Training camp, season, super bowl and the process starts again. We come to this forum and talk Cowboys 12 months of the year. That was only 10 for me this year as I needed two months away after the GB playoff loss.

My love for the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys is not dictated by wins and losses. It is not determined by whether or not I like what the owner does or doesnt do. Being a fan of this team reminds me of a game my daughter had as a soph playing on the Varsity and playing shortstop.... the most difficult position to play on the field. She mad e a critical error late in the game that directly led to a loss in a game that decided the league title. The next day, the local picture had a picture of her making the error on the front page of the sports section. While the paper was BLASTED for doing that, I told her if she couldnt handle the pressure of playing that position on one of the best teams in the area, stop playing.

Thats how I feel as a fan of the Cowboys. We get needled by EVERYONE when things go poorly. Our team is in the spotlight all year. Jerry Jones gets a flat tire and it will be discussed on the sports shows for 30 minutes the next day. Every signing or free agent that leaves is put under a magnifying glass. How many times have we been hearing about the fact CeeDee Lamb doesnt have a new contract? Id guess Ive heard about it in about a 20:1 ratio compared to Jefferson. Why no talk about the vikings not locking Jefferson up yet? We dont know because nobody cares.

You can not change the fact that the Cowboys are a CASH COW. You can not get angry at Jerry Jones for making money off the most lucrative team in pro sports. Im already hearing the moaning and groaning about the netflix show coming up.

We are fans of the Dallas Cowboys, and there is nothing better than getting ready for the NFL season to start. This year, im getting a video processor that will allow me to put 4 games on my 135"projector screen at once, exactly like you would see in a sports bar.

I kow this is a rambling mess. Im all over the place... because I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. I actually enjoy all that comes with the season. The ups, the downs, the unknowns, the drama, the heartbreaking losses, the exhilerating wins. It is all a part of what has become my year long infatuation with the NFL.

So as we prepare for the upcoming season, slow down and smell the flowers. Weare lucky to be fans of the Dallas Cowboys. The rams and Iggles have both won a SB in the last few seasons. But just think how boring life would be if you were a fan of either of those teams. No thank you.

Now, Im off to have a drink and stare at my Jerry Jones poster for a few hours.....lol
Great post. I feel where you are coming from, but I think, like many, I get angry at Jerry because his decisions and priorities reduce my love for the team and make following them insanely frustrating. I'm at the unique age where I remember watching Troy, Emmit, and Michael win Super Bowls with my parents and looked at them as my heroes, but was 7 the last time they were in an NFC championship game. Once I grew up enough to really understand and follow the game, I've known nothing but frustration and heartache. Every season that breaks me just a little more and more with how much I've invested emotionally, time-wise, and financially into this team. Into something I have no control over and that shouldn't theoretically have the impact on my life that it does. I know that eventually they will be back in the Super Bowl and I'll get to finally experience a payoff like no other. I'm a Rangers fan too and that feeling winning the World Series was incredible. I'm 10 times the Cowboys fan I am of any other sports team, so I can only imagine what that will be like. But, every year Jerry makes me feel like he and Stephen's decision making is pushing that date further and further out. I also resent Jerry for making me resent him. I used to see this quick-witted gambler who was ahead of the curve with that southern drawl and twinkle in his eye every time he spoke. Now, all I see is an ancient caricature of himself who doesn't know when to shut up, and who is seemingly prioritizing fame and profit over winning. It's maddening. But, like the junkie I am, I keep coming back year after year. What else can ya do?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Can you imagine having this level of optomism based on zero objectivity and without drugs? Science needs to study the OP. We can learn so much about neuro science and brain chemistry .

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Great post. I feel where you are coming from, but I think, like many, I get angry at Jerry because his decisions and priorities reduce my love for the team and make following them insanely frustrating. I'm at the unique age where I remember watching Troy, Emmit, and Michael win Super Bowls with my parents and looked at them as my heroes, but was 7 the last time they were in an NFC championship game. Once I grew up enough to really understand and follow the game, I've known nothing but frustration and heartache. Every season that breaks me just a little more and more with how much I've invested emotionally, time-wise, and financially into this team. Into something I have no control over and that shouldn't theoretically have the impact on my life that it does. I know that eventually they will be back in the Super Bowl and I'll get to finally experience a payoff like no other. I'm a Rangers fan too and that feeling winning the World Series was incredible. I'm 10 times the Cowboys fan I am of any other sports team, so I can only imagine what that will be like. But, every year Jerry makes me feel like he and Stephen's decision making is pushing that date further and further out. I also resent Jerry for making me resent him. I used to see this quick-witted gambler who was ahead of the curve with that southern drawl and twinkle in his eye every time he spoke. Now, all I see is an ancient caricature of himself who doesn't know when to shut up, and who is seemingly prioritizing fame and profit over winning. It's maddening. But, like the junkie I am, I keep coming back year after year. What else can ya do?
The only thing holding us back was and is QB play. People say we cant stop the run, well didnt they use a 1st rd pick on a defensive tackle?

We had the highest scoring offense in the entire NFL last year.... so what more could they have done on offense? We had a top 5 defense last year.

So specifically, last year, what more could the FO have done?

Change coaches? sure, for who? Old man Billy Boy? He aint bringing Tom with him, so he stinks just like every other coach with no qb.

Footall has rules in place, designed to keep teams as close to each other as possible..... and those rules work damn good.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I played sports my entire life. Sports consumed me growing up. At age 8, I could name the Cowboys entire roster with their number. Football season turned into Basketball which turned into Baseball, and the cycle repeated. I watched sports on tv probably 4 days week or more. Over the years, time spent watching baseball and basketball has dwindled. Time spent on the NFL has increased.

In today's world, EVERY NFL game can be watched on TV and I do my very best to watch them all...lol. The day the schedule is released, my daughter and I start mapping out the games wed like to attend. Then we look at work schedules to see which is best suited to our schedules. We then look to cities we have not been in. Then we consider price. Id like to go to the Steelers game, but right now, I can do 2 games for the price of that game, so like the last time we played in Pittsburgh, we will probably skip that stadium, again. As of today, we are attending the opener against the Saints, the home game in Nov against the Eagles, and the road game against the Niners. At that point, depending on how the season is going, we will consider if we want to do any others. The last game against Washington is in my sights.

The internet has allowed all of us to live the NFL basically all year. Season ends and the combine is in the window, then free agency (short lived for us this year) then the draft, then rookie minicamp, OTA's Training camp, season, super bowl and the process starts again. We come to this forum and talk Cowboys 12 months of the year. That was only 10 for me this year as I needed two months away after the GB playoff loss.

My love for the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys is not dictated by wins and losses. It is not determined by whether or not I like what the owner does or doesnt do. Being a fan of this team reminds me of a game my daughter had as a soph playing on the Varsity and playing shortstop.... the most difficult position to play on the field. She mad e a critical error late in the game that directly led to a loss in a game that decided the league title. The next day, the local picture had a picture of her making the error on the front page of the sports section. While the paper was BLASTED for doing that, I told her if she couldnt handle the pressure of playing that position on one of the best teams in the area, stop playing.

Thats how I feel as a fan of the Cowboys. We get needled by EVERYONE when things go poorly. Our team is in the spotlight all year. Jerry Jones gets a flat tire and it will be discussed on the sports shows for 30 minutes the next day. Every signing or free agent that leaves is put under a magnifying glass. How many times have we been hearing about the fact CeeDee Lamb doesnt have a new contract? Id guess Ive heard about it in about a 20:1 ratio compared to Jefferson. Why no talk about the vikings not locking Jefferson up yet? We dont know because nobody cares.

You can not change the fact that the Cowboys are a CASH COW. You can not get angry at Jerry Jones for making money off the most lucrative team in pro sports. Im already hearing the moaning and groaning about the netflix show coming up.

We are fans of the Dallas Cowboys, and there is nothing better than getting ready for the NFL season to start. This year, im getting a video processor that will allow me to put 4 games on my 135"projector screen at once, exactly like you would see in a sports bar.

I kow this is a rambling mess. Im all over the place... because I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. I actually enjoy all that comes with the season. The ups, the downs, the unknowns, the drama, the heartbreaking losses, the exhilerating wins. It is all a part of what has become my year long infatuation with the NFL.

So as we prepare for the upcoming season, slow down and smell the flowers. Weare lucky to be fans of the Dallas Cowboys. The rams and Iggles have both won a SB in the last few seasons. But just think how boring life would be if you were a fan of either of those teams. No thank you.

Now, Im off to have a drink and stare at my Jerry Jones poster for a few hours.....lol
Jerry Jones loves fans like this.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Well then you have been nothing but miserable since 1996, so since we all know that isn't changing this year either, get ready to be miserable once again.
Are you "preparing me" ???

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Jerry Jones loves fans like this.
The NFL loves fans like this... which is every single person that comes to this forum.

You think I am some outlier???? sure... you think only the top 4 teams of a season watch games?? lol... keep kidding yourself.

CWR

Reaction score

He actually said we're gonna SUCK FOR A DECADE post Dak.