CFZ Why this was the best win of the season so far

rambo2

Reaction score
You can add in that the 49ers are on their 10 day rest from Thanksgiving so the Eagles have to face two teams coming off their 10 day rest.... Can we pray they finally break or are they gonna do much of the same and beat both of us who knows..stay tuned
I think Philly will lose both games. We will see. Will be an exciting finish.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good to see us come away with a win against a pretty good team after being punched in the mouth a few times. We need these kind of games because this is what we’re going to be facing in the playoffs. You have to overcome adversity in postseason. We overcame some last night.

Cmac

Reaction score
It was a good win but not a good defensive (Bland) performance.

That was a win like Philly has had a few times this year.
Is that wha this is about?......how Philly winning games? If so, my bad. Then perhaps resiliency is appropriate to praise on our team, as the performances are commended.

Cmac

Reaction score
Correction, this was a poor performance by the defense. Offense scored 41, they played great. They scored 41 all by themselves, too. No special teams or defensive scores. Dak is playing maybe the best ball of his career right now.
Which means this wasn't a good TEAM performance. All good.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
While I prefer a blowout win that lets me relax by the 3rd quarter, from a pure entertainment perspective this was Dallas' best win of the year.

First time the Cowboys were truly tested at home and they found a way to win. Regardless of the opponent (and I don't think Seattle is bad anyway) this means a lot.

DallasMike

Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, last night’s win over the ‘hawks was the best win of the season…so far. Next week should top that, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

For everyone who thinks margin of victory matters at all in the NFL, last night’s win against a good Sea team is a perfect example of the silliness of that notion. This isn’t college football where resumes are based on how bad you beat someone and how good you looked doing it. In the NFL, W’s and Ls are always the bottom line. 9-3 is very impressive.

Here are the reasons why last night’s game was the best win of the season so far:
  • Despite the defense not playing well, the team found a way to win through the offense. The offense carried us last night. That’s what good teams do on a night one side of the ball isn’t playing its best.
  • Has anyone noticed that the almighty egirls struggled against a 6-5 bills team last week and we all were impressed that they were able to come back and win that? We played that script last night too.
  • Anyone remember what the theme was around here about 8 weeks ago? This offense was not moving the ball that well. Look now.
    • Offense is no longer sluggish in the red zone. (except for the stupid delay of game penalty!)
    • This team just set an NFL record by scoring 40 or more in 4 consecutive home games.
    • Since the debacle at SF, Dak has thrown 21 TDs with only 2 picks.
  • We just won our 14th straight at home.
  • Seattle is a good team. Three weeks ago they were 6-3. Injuries have hurt them a lot but they played their guts out last night. We beat a good team. A team that if the season ended today is in the playoffs.
This team showed some guts last night. I was glad to see them get punched hard but still be able to punch back and win. Good teams find a way. That could have easily been a trap game.

This team still needs to improve a lot. The stupid penalties are driving me crazy. I’m beginning to think McCarthy just doesn’t work enough on improving that because those pre-snap and offsides penalties are just stupid.

Now it‘s on to the eagles. Let’s gooooooooooo!
Bob Hayes,

I do more reading on here than posting. But over the years. Your posts are always ones I click on. They are on point and always contain supporting information. Whether anybody agrees or not.
I appreciate your well thought out and in depth posts.
Always, thank you.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Hayes,

I do more reading on here than posting. But over the years. Your posts are always ones I click on. They are on point and always contain supporting information. Whether anybody agrees or not.
I appreciate your well thought out and in depth posts.
Always, thank you.
Thank you Mike for the kind words.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I agree it was a great team win for all the reasons you stated and more. The Seahawks were a desperate team fighting for their playoff lives and they played like it. You don't go for it on 4th down 4 times unless you are a) arrogant as hell or b) desperate. Knowing that we can count on Dak and the offense to hang 50 if the other team scores 40 is very comforting. I just love the way Dak is playing right now and I can't say it enough. Dude is just refusing to fail. It's what I have been wanting from him since probably that 2020 season when he showed that when asked he could pilot the team to 35 points against just about anybody before he got hurt. We saw some of it also before the calf injury in '21 but we never saw the willingness to move out of the pocket, run for first down or just throw defenders off him like he did last night that year. Especially after the calf thing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You can have confidence if you want but I have big doubt December football starts today oh hell the narratives have swung on ESPN everybody trust Prescott they trust CD lamb they trust that we can put up points and bunches when needed however they don't trust December football from this team you need two things

1. you need a consistent strong run game on offense you cannot be one-dimensional against the better teams we don't have that right now
  2. you need a defense to hold the other teams run game down and keep the big chunk plays from happening and keep the score down the best teams in NFL history held teams under 13 points we couldn't even hold a Seattle team at home under 21 for the first half...
So right now we need to work on getting Rico and hunter you know using a fullback and a bigger running back with attitude more often in the red zone more often in short yardage you gotta be able to trust your running game if not I'm gonna have to put the blame on Mike McCarthy for the run game because he is using Tony Pollard the wrong way in most of these games I like Tony but Mr. under 4 yards per carry is not gonna get it done especially when it's obvious he needs holes Rico dowdle needs cracks Rico is like a older version of zeke from the last three years and yet they're not using him like zeke they need to use Rico in zeke's old role and I mean to a tee and let Tony come do what Tony does or has done where he has fresh legs and stretches the defense you cannot do what they did last night and be afraid to run the football both to score both for short yardage and both to run the clock out in the fourth quarter they didn't have it that's on you Mike

and Dan Quinn's gonna have to change the way he calls games and creates game plans for December football stop using so much man and leaving your guys expose one-on-one and try to find ways to play some zone and to clog up some lanes and stop the damn run!!

Right now we're missing what we need for December football is it on our team maybe and some are even saying maybe we need Shaq Leonard more than we think we do just to have a leader in the middle not Clark not Evans but a guy who can actually calm the team down maybe help in the run game but just wear that green dot... I'm just looking at our deficiencies going forward not necessarily for the last five games of the season but for the playoffs and right now you have to use those last five games of the playoffs to work out the kinks that I just mentioned above

why Mike McCarthy is insistent on making Tony Pollard a three down back I don't understand it!!!!

And why Dan Quinn well I know it's the identity of this team as a strong pass rush wants to play so much man when it's not working you must be able to adjust and hide your deficiencies we cannot play like we did last night or against the 49ers or against Arizona or against Philly at times you literally cannot give up 28 plus points a game against the better teams especially on the road and expect to win any games at all...

We all know that starts with stopping the run and be a able to run, so it needs to be done in the trenches we need to work on that now not later.. Put the number one thing we all know in sports you gotta limit the points you need to score more than the other team and we could do that against some of these lesser teams but you are not getting away with this same crap last night you're not getting away with it against the Eagles the 49ers and another team any team that we might face that knows we are gonna have problems in this area they're gonna expose it...

Yes that's the dreaded blueprint make the team one-dimensional on offense and then look for all the man defense and find your good wide receiver and just feed him the ball...
This was actually a classic and very good game that Dallas won...why? One can't down play the win and beating an opponent two weeks ago was considered in the hunt for the fox. They have some talent and now may well re-enter the picture strongly. They have a handle as a team again and their role should not be just ignored as irrelevant. They are still able to play a tough style now.

The 49'ers and Eagles play on Monday...that alone sets up to improve status of Dallas from that point forward. Dallas will either be again on same grounds with the Eagles with two more losses to the Eagles, when Dallas beats them. That or Dallas will then be a game ahead of SF.

That is on current production and execution by the Cowboys here and now. As to the Eagles, this is their record over the past two regular season games against the Cowboys.

DateVisitorHomeResultBox Score
11/05/2023Dallas Cowboys23@Philadelphia Eagles28WBox
12/24/2022Philadelphia Eagles34@Dallas Cowboys40LBox
10/16/2022Dallas Cowboys17@Philadelphia Eagles26W

The difference of victory between the two were 5 points, 6 points, and 9 points with a flip flop of winners. From the start, Dallas is not out of the picture and both the Dallas offense and defenses are on par for game point differentials.

Momentum and rhythms for Dallas allows them to walk onto the field on even ground this next Sunday.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree it was a great team win for all the reasons you stated and more. The Seahawks were a desperate team fighting for their playoff lives and they played like it. You don't go for it on 4th down 4 times unless you are a) arrogant as hell or b) desperate. Knowing that we can count on Dak and the offense to hang 50 if the other team scores 40 is very comforting. I just love the way Dak is playing right now and I can't say it enough. Dude is just refusing to fail. It's what I have been wanting from him since probably that 2020 season when he showed that when asked he could pilot the team to 35 points against just about anybody before he got hurt. We saw some of it also before the calf injury in '21 but we never saw the willingness to move out of the pocket, run for first down or just throw defenders off him like he did last night that year. Especially after the calf thing.
This is the highest level Dak has played in his career so far. But we all know a QBs career is ultimately judged by what he and his teams do in the playoffs.

What happens between now and January will be another snapshot in Dak’s resume. I’ve always believed he has enough talent to have success in the playoffs if he has enough around him as in the rest of the team doing it’s part. He’s very good and has shown that for years. Can he perform consistently at this level in Dec and Jan along with the rest of the team? We’re about to find out.

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, last night’s win over the ‘hawks was the best win of the season…so far. Next week should top that, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

For everyone who thinks margin of victory matters at all in the NFL, last night’s win against a good Sea team is a perfect example of the silliness of that notion. This isn’t college football where resumes are based on how bad you beat someone and how good you looked doing it. In the NFL, W’s and Ls are always the bottom line. 9-3 is very impressive.

Here are the reasons why last night’s game was the best win of the season so far:
  • Despite the defense not playing well, the team found a way to win through the offense. The offense carried us last night. That’s what good teams do on a night one side of the ball isn’t playing its best.
  • Has anyone noticed that the almighty egirls struggled against a 6-5 bills team last week and we all were impressed that they were able to come back and win that? We played that script last night too.
  • Anyone remember what the theme was around here about 8 weeks ago? This offense was not moving the ball that well. Look now.
    • Offense is no longer sluggish in the red zone. (except for the stupid delay of game penalty!)
    • This team just set an NFL record by scoring 40 or more in 4 consecutive home games.
    • Since the debacle at SF, Dak has thrown 21 TDs with only 2 picks.
  • We just won our 14th straight at home.
  • Seattle is a good team. Three weeks ago they were 6-3. Injuries have hurt them a lot but they played their guts out last night. We beat a good team. A team that if the season ended today is in the playoffs.
This team showed some guts last night. I was glad to see them get punched hard but still be able to punch back and win. Good teams find a way. That could have easily been a trap game.

This team still needs to improve a lot. The stupid penalties are driving me crazy. I’m beginning to think McCarthy just doesn’t work enough on improving that because those pre-snap and offsides penalties are just stupid.

Now it‘s on to the eagles. Let’s gooooooooooo!
Good post. And yah— penalties are a huge problem. MM has gone from “fixing penalties is my number one concern” to radio silence.

He doesn’t have an answer. And it’s an issue that rears it’s head each and every game.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Good post. And yah— penalties are a huge problem. MM has gone from “fixing penalties is my number one concern” to radio silence.

He doesn’t have an answer. And it’s an issue that rears it’s head each and every game.
On the defensive side, if removed, the whole team would benefit as well as the Red Zone. Elements that should come to fruition through the month of December and on into January.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
On the defensive side, if removed, the whole team would benefit as well as the Red Zone. Elements that should come to fruition through the month of December and on into January.
Absolutely. And so many of them are pre snap. Just sloppy and undisciplined play.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once again I figured there would be the goalpost shifting I didnt think it would be you but congrats you win the prize. Seattle was good now they arent. Why dont you just say until they beat san fransisco nothimng else matters?

Congrats...you win the prize for cutting the truly important part of my comment out. Dirty.

What "goal post" did I "shift"? Answer? None.

And yes...I want to beat elite teams so that WE can be elite too. Problem?

starfan1

Reaction score
Congrats...you win the prize for cutting the truly important part of my comment out. Dirty.

What "goal post" did I "shift"? Answer? None.

And yes...I want to beat elite teams so that WE can be elite too. Problem?
What was important ? You were proud of Dak and the boys for beating what you consider not a very good team?

I left that bs out on purpose ! You sai Seattle was not a very good team and that’s crap

They were a playoff team from last year. They have one of the top receiving corps in the league and because they had a rough patch now they suck?

4 weeks ago they were 1 game behind the niners ( who also had rough stretch)and talk around here was cowboys can’t beat winning teams

They do and now they aren’t very good . That’s a goal post shift as this forum so often does

You can only play who is in front of you and given the current situation the cowboys are that game was huge as is next 3 and they beat a good team

And I assure you if you or anyone else is a cowboy fan you will be rooting for them in 2 weeks when they play Philly in Seattle

Depending on how the next 2 weeks go that game can have huge implications for us

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What was important ? You were proud of Dak and the boys for beating what you consider not a very good team?

I left that bs out on purpose ! You sai Seattle was not a very good team and that’s crap

They were a playoff team from last year. They have one of the top receiving corps in the league and because they had a rough patch now they suck?

4 weeks ago they were 1 game behind the niners ( who also had rough stretch)and talk around here was cowboys can’t beat winning teams

They do and now they aren’t very good . That’s a goal post shift as this forum so often does

You can only play who is in front of you and given the current situation the cowboys are that game was huge as is next 3 and they beat a good team

And I assure you if you or anyone else is a cowboy fan you will be rooting for them in 2 weeks when they play Philly in Seattle

Depending on how the next 2 weeks go that game can have huge implications for us
Talk about "moving the goal posts". I am SURE you are part of the crowd that blasts people for NOT being proud of beating so-so team. So NOW...when I say I *AM*...you continue to blast.

Which way is it?

so LAST years team was a playoff team so that makes them a really good tough team? Mkay.

So YOU hold ME accountable for what OTHER people say? It's getting even dirtier now.

I have to "assure you" I am A cowboys fan? what the...what's going on here?

starfan1

Reaction score
Talk about "moving the goal posts". I am SURE you are part of the crowd that blasts people for NOT being proud of beating so-so team. So NOW...when I say I *AM*...you continue to blast.

Which way is it?

so LAST years team was a playoff team so that makes them a really good tough team? Mkay.

So YOU hold ME accountable for what OTHER people say? It's getting even dirtier now.

I have to "assure you" I am A cowboys fan? what the...what's going on here?
So so team my arse ! That’s where you lose me and that’s where I’m holding YOU accountable for what YOU say.

They are currently a playoff team and unless they totally implode which I don’t see a Pete Carrol coached team doing they will be in the mix come playoff time

Has nothing to do with being proud part that your focusing on. That’s admirable.
it’s that you think the cowboys can’t beat good teams and you continue to push that narrative when you say Seattle is so so or not very good just like you discount their performance last year against Tampa

We aren’t gonna agree here and that’s fine that was a HUGE win against a GOOD team in a must win scenario

The cowboys haven’t matched up well against San Fran and if your measuring stick is beat San Fran or your so so than so be it

We can agree to disagree