WHY we need to see Romo

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
One last shot at this...LOL......Your stranded on a deserted island. Youve GOT to get out. Been there for years. You have 2 ideas in your head about how to build a small boat to get off that darned place. One idea seems safe, the other looks good on paper but is a little radical. You go with the safer of the 2. In fact, for fourteen years you try and sail the safer of the 2 out to sea and for 14 years the darned thing makes it a mile out, "just enuff to give you hope" then SINKS!:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: I dont know about you, but after 14 years "bledsoes career length" I think I'd be willing to try the other boat, wouldnt you???????////

Nice... okay I'll throw it back at you using your own metaphor. That ship that gave you hope for 14 years has been within sight of the mainland. The things that kept that ship from getting to the mainland you feel you can fix. Say a leak sprung in one certain place, and that was all that kept you from making it. You patched that leak up, and you think you can go at it again.

And throw this in there. You have ONE more shot. That's it... You feel like if you experiment with the new ship one time, you will never get another chance. Do you go with the ship that got you so close the 14 times, with a patched up leak. Or do you go with the new risky idea, that you don't really have confidence can get you to the mainland, when you only have ONE SHOT LEFT??

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
One last shot at this...LOL......Your stranded on a deserted island. Youve GOT to get out. Been there for years. You have 2 ideas in your head about how to build a small boat to get off that darned place. One idea seems safe, the other looks good on paper but is a little radical. You go with the safer of the 2. In fact, for fourteen years you try and sail the safer of the 2 out to sea and for 14 years the darned thing makes it a mile out, "just enuff to give you hope" then SINKS!:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: I dont know about you, but after 14 years "bledsoes career length" I think I'd be willing to try the other boat, wouldnt you???????////
......If you stuck your hand to a hot frying pan and got BURNED, would you repeatedly keep doing it over and over and over again???LOL The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result!:bang2: :bang2: Sound anything like Bledsoe? :eek:

superpunk

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
Bledsoe was back for the playoffs - who played in the Super Bowl.

Who was let walk the following year.

Who again was chosen over whom?

Don't call me a liar!

The guy who had a great year, and proved he could be a starter, BECAUSE Bledsoe nearly died, was kept on. The Patriots received a first round pick for Bledsoe. Bellichick did not just wake up and think starting Brady was a good idea. That example is ridiculous for this discussion. Bledsoe, as far as we know, isn't hurt.

Losman was chosen over Bledsoe - does not say much for Bledsoe does it - It seems like a strong case to cite if you ask me!

You must be just as brilliant as the Bills front office, then. Hopefully Bill will heed some of that advice.

Maybe we can have as much success as the Bills have since making that decision. :rolleyes:

superpunk

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
......If you stuck your hand to a hot frying pan and got BURNED, would you repeatedly keep doing it over and over and over again???LOL The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result!:bang2: :bang2: Sound anything like Bledsoe? :eek:

I think talking to yourself is another sign of insanity. :eek:

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Nice... okay I'll throw it back at you using your own metaphor. That ship that gave you hope for 14 years has been within sight of the mainland. The things that kept that ship from getting to the mainland you feel you can fix. Say a leak sprung in one certain place, and that was all that kept you from making it. You patched that leak up, and you think you can go at it again.

And throw this in there. You have ONE more shot. That's it... You feel like if you experiment with the new ship one time, you will never get another chance. Do you go with the ship that got you so close the 14 times, with a patched up leak. Or do you go with the new risky idea, that you don't really have confidence can get you to the mainland, when you only have ONE SHOT LEFT??
......Ahhhhhhhhhh, but the boat only got you a mile out, in fact in the end it wasnt close at all.:lmao:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:

But do you still use frying pans?? Or do you stop putting your hand on the thing while it's hot like a moron??

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
......Ahhhhhhhhhh, but the boat only got you a mile out, in fact in the end it wasnt close at all.:lmao:

I believe Bledsoe has been to the Super Bowl. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ultra5

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
Here goes......I truly believe we should start Romo after the bye week. Heres why..........First off, its very hard to win a super bowl to begin with, second, I believe it would be extremely hard to win one with Bledsoe. Just too many limitations. Not saying it cant be done, it can, just saying it would be pretty dayumed tuff to do. As Cowboys fans we expect SUPER BOWL WINS, Anything less is just a failure IMO. Its time to see what we have in Romo. He needs to EITHER validate himself as the longterm starter for the Cowboys, or illiminate himself as the longterm starter through his play ON THE FIELD in games that count. That way if he blows chunks we can draft a QB next year. We cant go on riding the tiger like were doing. Time to schitt or get off the pot!...LOL I mean really, think about it, if we pretty much know its going to take a miricle to win a super bowl with Bledsoe, then WHY NOT start Romo???For one thing I believe his strong points will make up for what he lacks in other areas. In the long run I dont think were going to be any worse off by starting Romo, in fact we will be ahead of the curve because we will AT LEAST know what we have. I believe the transition SHOULD be made during the bye week. Nothing in this world thats good is easy, eventually you have to be willing to jump in head first. Time to JUMP!

this is a laughable suggestion.

don't you guys really that a "bus driver" is all we need, and that Defense wins Super Bowls? This is why we drafted the pretty strawberry blonde last year and not Leinart or Cutler.

we haven't needed a QB in almost 10 years. so why should we start "needing" one now?

bottom line is QB's are WAAAAAAY overrated. and they are not even really necessary. actually, who needs a Carson Palmer type? when we can probably win our next Super Bowl with Patrick Crayton under center when you really think about it.

:lmao:

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
I believe Bledsoe has been to the Super Bowl. Correct me if I'm wrong.
....YEP, where he FAILED miserably. Making the SAME mistakes, patting the ball, not feeling the rush, throwing INTS, that 12 years later, he is STILL making. Good point. THANX

superpunk

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
....YEP, where he FAILED miserably. Making the SAME mistakes, patting the ball, not feeling the rush, throwing INTS, that 12 years later, he is STILL making. Good point. THANX

Someone should have told Bledsoe to tackle Desmond Howard.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
OBVIOUSLY, Bledsoe STILL keeps putting his hand on a hot frying pan like a moron would do!.....HEEE HEEEE

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:

Try to keep up. For the purposes of your metaphor, this ship has SEEN the mainland. If you think you've fixed the problems that prevented you getting there, do you go with that ship or one that would be like giving up... if you have one shot??

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
OBVIOUSLY, Bledsoe STILL keeps putting his hand on a hot frying pan like a moron would do!.....HEEE HEEEE

You can't even keep track of your own metaphors. Nice.

superpunk

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:

This thread has gone to hell.

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Someone should have told Bledsoe to tackle Desmond Howard.
No, but somebody should have taught him BY NOW to quit throwing untimely picks, throw the ball away, feel the rush, quit taking the big sack. OOOOOHHHH WAIT, they did all try to teach thee old dog those tricks. Unfortunatly after 14 years of training, he still cant learn. He's still putting his hand to the fire...

Avenging Hayseed

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Take it easy, dang its only the internet. Your frustrated from trying to defend something thats indefensable. If Bledsoe hasnt corrected those problems after FOURTEEN YEARS.......GUESS WHAT????He's never gonna. Simple as that.

superpunk

Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed said:
No, but somebody should have taught him BY NOW to quit throwing untimely picks, throw the ball away, feel the rush, quit taking the big sack. OOOOOHHHH WAIT, they did all try to teach thee old dog those tricks. Unfortunatly after 14 years of training, he still cant learn. He's still putting his hand to the fire...

He did that for 10 games last year.

He has a chance with a healthy line to continue doing it this year.

He did most of the things you said well on Sunday, he just made some terrible decisions. Three terrible decisions. And we only lost by 7 to a good team.

If you think he can't improve on THAT performance, fine, whatever, there's no use talking to you. I think he;s better than a 3 INT per game guy. Call me crazy.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
superpunk said:
:hammer:

I think another sign of insanity is refusing to try to reason when you are so invested in a position.

But then again, maybe I'm insane for trying to reason with the insane.