News: Why we passed on ET

blueblood70

Reaction score
those having mental event to biblical proportions we didnt bring in ET have larger issues and should seek help, theres a reason going into week 4 hes still on the street and had ONE visit from a desperate 0-3 team..

the GM and coaches from 31 other teams said NO, yet ours that you might not trust say no and the negativity train is going full speed ripping owners and Gms and coaches yet stop think, the league said NO.. so the Texans want him at 0-3 , when the last time the Texans made a good move?

Overpaying Watson yet trading the best WR in the league or debatably the best for David Johnson, hows that working out, overpaid that tackle by long shot, Watson still running for his life, didnt they have the honey badger and let him walk?they have et go or brought in many players that have been for te most part STUPUID deals .. so this is another one high risk desperate move and yet well its all the Stupid Jones boys fault again..

maybe the ravens should bring him back they got flat torched last night..funny when they come up on teams that can slow that crazy offense down and need to score their defense cant stop passing qbs and offense keep up.

how about seatle they need help on D a S like Et must be brought back huh the two teams that know him best discarded him..hes aged hasn't played like ET in 2 season and now has major league mental issues and causing locker room disruptions//

but yet blame the joneses even though theres evidence no team wanted him since he was cut

its hard for any team to plan for losing two starting LBs, Mccoy, Brown, woods, Lewis in and out, Dix failed, shuffling players all around out of position etc and recover this quickly. They need time..

this was not the lineup the coaches planned on in TC to start the season and by game 3 its all out of whack..

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I’ll admit I’ve always been on the ET train for him to play here and even with this report as bad as this secondary is I still believe you bring him in. Talk to the guy see where his head is, discuss the scheme and expectations. It cost you absolutely nothing to give him a trial run. He doesn’t fit fine you give him his walking papers and move on knowing you looked at helping your team to get better. This defense needs some serious help and I highly doubt its gonna fix itself over the course of the season on its own.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Or maybe we continue to work at it and improve? I'm not happy about the defense either, but taking a look at the quarterbacks we've faced, it hasn't been a lineup of scrubs. All three have either appeared in a Super Bowl or won it.

If Baker Mayfield and Daniel Jones are having career days over the next few weeks, I reserve the right to feel differently.
I'd be on board with this much more if we were rolling with kids and experiencing growing pains.

That's hardly the case with Wilson (who I've despised for years now yet the FO and certain fans think he is something of quality), and Thompson, who flat out doesnt belong an NFL field.

We have seen their upside.

This isn't about Thomas being a savior as much as it is moaning about the FO yet again going dumpster diving to fill a gaping hole, then the guy cant even make the team....and hasnt as much as latched on anywhere else since.

IMO it all goes back to the same thing....the Joneses hire people that tell them what they want to hear.

That's painfully obvious.

quickccc

Reaction score
And we didn’t win any playoff games with him.

Was that because of him though ..? ......and did Owens do his part ? ...

one guy cannot play defense or block Giants' NASCAR D-linemen,...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd be on board with this much more if we were rolling with kids and experiencing growing pains.

That's hardly the case with Wilson (who I've despised for years now yet the FO and certain fans think he is something of quality), and Thompson, who flat out doesnt belong an NFL field.

We have seen their upside.

I'm assuming you meant Woods and not Wilson here?

This isn't about Thomas being a savior as much as it is moaning about the FO yet again going dumpster diving to fill a gaping hole, then the guy cant even make the team....and hasnt as much as latched on anywhere else since.

IMO it all goes back to the same thing....the Joneses hire people that tell them what they want to hear.

That's painfully obvious.

In the case of Thomas, it seems that by all accounts that McCarthy told the Joneses something they didn't want to hear - namely that he didn't want Earl Thomas on the team.

But I get your point about safety being a long-standing issue and not given the priority it deserves.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm seeing Garrett style stubbornness there.

Maybe they are afraid of blown coverages....bwahahahahaha

I question some of these decisions, like Wilson not getting a shot when the starters are clearly struggling, as well as McGovern not get a shot at left guard when Williams is clearly struggling as well. But then again, I don't have the ability to see either of these guys in practice either.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I question some of these decisions, like Wilson not getting a shot when the starters are clearly struggling, as well as McGovern not get a shot at left guard when Williams is clearly struggling as well. But then again, I don't have the ability to see either of these guys in practice either.
I can see the coaches wanting as much experience as possible elsewhere while the tackles were out.

(Not that they still arent...and are you getting the same impression I am that we arent going to see Collins at all this year?)

I probably would have done the same...plus I didnt think Williams was all that bad in weeks 1 and 2. He stunk last week. Maybe I'm accounting for the tougher matchup in first two games. Not sure.

Also....while we are there, now that Biadasz has gotten some reps and isnt in the Chaz Green class, he may as well stay on out there IMO.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm assuming you meant Woods and not Wilson here?

In the case of Thomas, it seems that by all accounts that McCarthy told the Joneses something they didn't want to hear - namely that he didn't want Earl Thomas on the team.

But I get your point about safety being a long-standing issue and not given the priority it deserves.
Yes, my bad.

Ken

Reaction score
If they win a few games they need to look at a trade.

Does the Jets or some team like that have a decent safety?

What is up with Donovan Wilson? The guy has done nothing but make plays when given the opportunity.
I think they are concerned Wilson may make some mistakes in coverage....OH WAIT! :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see the coaches wanting as much experience as possible elsewhere while the tackles were out.

(Not that they still arent...and are you getting the same impression I am that we arent going to see Collins at all this year?)

I'm starting to, yes. He's had a horrible offseason. Self-inflicted.

I probably would have done the same...plus I didnt think Williams was all that bad in weeks 1 and 2. He stunk last week. Maybe I'm accounting for the tougher matchup in first two games. Not sure.

Also....while we are there, now that Biadasz has gotten some reps and isnt in the Chaz Green class, he may as well stay on out there IMO.

I think I'd try the combination of (hopefully Smith at LT), Looney, Biadasz, Martin, Knight. I think that's our best available five right now. But I'm not holding my breath, the team continues to try to force Williams as a guard, when it's clear he's not.

kevm3

Reaction score
We traded on Earl because Stephen Jones makes no real moves in free agency and we're 'happy with our guys'.

As much as Earl Thomas may have 'fallen from his prime', there's NO way you can tell me he's not an upgrade from what we're putting on the field

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Also, yet again, goes back to these two surrounding themselves with people telling them what they want to hear instead of being real about it.

Any average fan can see that Woods and Thompson are both awful.

The staff wont say so because it's not about getting this right, it's about coaches grabbing a last paycheck from the cash cow that is the Dallas Cowboys.

Jerry believes what he wants to. Not a lot has changed around here and I really thought it did.
Okay so let’s get specific here.

What EXACTLY was Jerry and Stephen told, that they “wanted to hear” regarding ET and “who” told them this?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm starting to, yes. He's had a horrible offseason. Self-inflicted.

I think I'd try the combination of (hopefully Smith at LT), Looney, Biadasz, Martin, Knight. I think that's our best available five right now. But I'm not holding my breath, the team continues to try to force Williams as a guard, when it's clear he's not.
I agree there.

Unfortunately the Smith return is also a big maybe.

Knight seems to have been a Godsend, and it would have been nice to plug him in at LG.

Smith is the key.....because it frees up Knight to move to RT, and puts Steele back into developmental mode (where he belongs at this point).

This FO has always forced their own agenda (be it high picks or guys who got paid) and its bothersome to me that may still be the case after the regime change.

In fact I'm sure it is. Denial creates the only doubt.

Theres just too many people telling those two what they want to hear instead of harsh reality.

Theres no way anyone can sit there and say guys like Thompson and Woods are quality starters on an NFL team as an example.

Williams definitely falls into this category. The second contract here CANNOT happen. When is it time to move on?

fivetwos

Reaction score
We traded on Earl because Stephen Jones makes no real moves in free agency and we're 'happy with our guys'.

As much as Earl Thomas may have 'fallen from his prime', there's NO way you can tell me he's not an upgrade from what we're putting on the field
All true.

To be fair, let's see what kind of money he gets first.

I very much wanted to deal for Jamal Adams. Then I saw the price tag and was glad we didnt.