Why Would Any College Player or Free Agent Want to Play in Dallas?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Other than playing in a lot of prime time games, why would any college player or free agent want to sign here other than money?
  1. The Jones boys know nothing about building a roster that can mk noise in the playoffs
  2. The Jones boys have put together a 29-year, no div playoff win draught
  3. No one should expect to win a ring to come to this dysfunctional franchise
So to me, players are excited for the $$ and the exposure to prime time games and the microscope our team is always under. But to a player who wants to win a ring, I don't see Dallas as a valid franchise to expect that.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Other than playing in a lot of prime time games, why would any college player or free agent want to sign here other than money?
  1. The Jones boys know nothing about building a roster that can mk noise in the playoffs
So to me, players are excited for the $$ and the exposure to prime time games and the microscope our team is always under. But to a player who wants to win a ring, I don't see Dallas as a valid franchise to expect that.
So, free agents don't necessarily they have options all the time. Yes, 1 or 2 get paid every year but for the most part teams are not paying top dollar as much as they use to . College players? They want a job and could care less about a ring when they come out. They are playing for that second contract.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Play ok for three years go into your contract year and get paid!!!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
There are many free agents who would love to play for the Cowboys but 99.9% of the time all free agents will sign to the highest bidder. And the front office no longer are willing to do that for outside free agents. UDFAs are different. They all have limits to how much they can be given or guaranteed so all the teams are on pretty much equal footing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean I think all players think they are good enough to make their team a contender. I don’t think the players view it as they have no shot at winning. That’s more of a fan approach.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
3/4 of the NFL teams ain't gonna win a Ring, so they play for the $$Mulah$$... :facepalm:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Priorities

# 1. Money
# 2. Money
# 3. Winning

Praxit

Reaction score
....$$$$ and the brand. For some odd reason playing in Dallas is an NFL accolade.

So if you dont make it for Dallas for long. You'll land job elsewhere.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Money matters! No state tax is a big selling point.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every college player wants to play for Dallas as fame and $$$$ like no other destination in the NFL!!!!

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think most undrafted players would love a chance to be on any NFL roster. I actually knew a guy who bounced around the NFL on training camp rosters but couldn't quite make the final roster. But these bigger name FAs don't want to come here if their looking for a ring. Dallas has had some decent players leave the went to other teams and got rings.Its the sense of entitlement and accomplishment culture that has killed this team. All began when Jimmy was let go. Jerry has done it his way and gotten exactly what he deserves.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well you just earned yourself a new team.

Your new home....

https://saintsreport.com/forums/saints-super-forum-main-board.2/

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man some of u are so clueless
Cowboys have the best ratings, more income opportunities
They want to play here