Why Would Any College Player or Free Agent Want to Play in Dallas?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Big time pay days and basically no accountability for excellence

Why wouldn't every player want to be here is probably the more appropriate question.

I'd love to have a job where I get paid far above what I'm actually worth or how I actually produce
Great points.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Other than playing in a lot of prime time games, why would any college player or free agent want to sign here other than money?
  1. The Jones boys know nothing about building a roster that can mk noise in the playoffs
  2. The Jones boys have put together a 29-year, no div playoff win draught
  3. No one should expect to win a ring to come to this dysfunctional franchise
So to me, players are excited for the $$ and the exposure to prime time games and the microscope our team is always under. But to a player who wants to win a ring, I don't see Dallas as a valid franchise to expect that.
Most players have fairly hefty egos and believe they can be the final piece to change a team's fortunes. Rarely, do you see a player go, "I'm not going to go there because they have no chance of winning." They think, "I'm going to go there and be the difference" ... especially when you are looking at a team like Dallas that has gone 12-5 the last two seasons. Now, they are not going to come here over better money elsewhere, because they understand that football is their livelihood.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Other than playing in a lot of prime time games, why would any college player or free agent want to sign here other than money?
  1. The Jones boys know nothing about building a roster that can mk noise in the playoffs
So to me, players are excited for the $$ and the exposure to prime time games and the microscope our team is always under. But to a player who wants to win a ring, I don't see Dallas as a valid franchise to expect that.
The reason is no pressure to win a championship. Country Club and player friendly atmosphere is attractive to over paid talent.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The reason is no pressure to win a championship. Country Club and player friendly atmosphere is attractive to over paid talent.
Funny thing is I just love when new players come in here and they talk about how "good we've been, and the history etc etc" like what have we really done in the last almost 30 years

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Funny thing is I just love when new players come in here and they talk about how "good we've been, and the history etc etc" like what have we really done in the last almost 30 years
We also like what we have done and history , etc. but not really in last 30 years.

Our iconic brand is still popular despite the lack of more success this era.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm here because I'm actually a fan of this team in it's current state. I don't just come here and cry and moan about Jerry. I think every year we have a shot until it's proven we don't. Why watch the games if you just predict (and seem to hope for) their failure? That sounds like the opposite of a fan to me.
It’s an entirely different perspective for fans old enough to have lived thru our glory eras.

Apathy has set in for many fans . Here in Dallas/ Ft Worth area the Cowboys are still the most loved franchise while our owner is most hated.

Jethro has frustrated fans this era. It’s a mixed bag of emotions.

We can walk and chew gum at the same time. It’s really not complicated to be a hardened critic while still rooting our team on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure winning is high a priority anymore with players as securing their financial security.

Used to teams had to have more success for financial gain. Much like the franchises.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s a mixed bag. Our iconic brand still is relative . For everyone but this generation of fans it’s still championship history. It’s how Jethro can continue hyping and promoting our brand to record revenue without more success this era.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But only a few teams are so inept, that they have gone almost 30 yrs and still no nfc championship appearance.
While we have been inept overall in playoffs this era we are still relative and interesting enough making playoffs which drives the hype regardless the futility.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The NFL has become entertainment sports. Popularity doesn’t necessarily reflect quality.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I would say that less than 5% of the players in the league truly care about winning a championship over anything else. For an overwhelming majority of the players, it is a job that pays really well and they are fighting to keep it for as long as possible.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would say that less than 5% of the players in the league truly care about winning a championship over anything else. For an overwhelming majority of the players, it is a job that pays really well and they are fighting to keep it for as long as possible.
Right. Top priority is that second contract.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Man some of u are so clueless
Cowboys have the best ratings, more income opportunities
They want to play here
What kinds of “more income opportunities” are available to members of the Dallas Cowboys that are unavailable to NFL players elsewhere? Specifically that would make a player prefer to play for Dallas.

Rayman70

Reaction score
why? Easy, there are only 32 teams and limited jobs, and the best of the best. NFL players or soon to be players love to be wanted and needed. A job is a job. Its elite company if you are lucky enough to have one of these gigs. Even if its Dallas.

ArtClink

Reaction score
It’s a mixed bag. Our iconic brand still is relative . For everyone but this generation of fans it’s still championship history. It’s how Jethro can continue hyping and promoting our brand to record revenue without more success this era.
And Tom Landry and Tex Schram built the most indestructible brand in sports history.