Why Would Any College Player or Free Agent Want to Play in Dallas?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Man some of u are so clueless
Cowboys have the best ratings, more income opportunities
They want to play here
Not if the players want to win a ring, but as many have said, it’s all about money regardless if they have a chance to win a ring.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I think most undrafted players would love a chance to be on any NFL roster. I actually knew a guy who bounced around the NFL on training camp rosters but couldn't quite make the final roster. But these bigger name FAs don't want to come here if they’re looking for a ring. Dallas has had some decent players leave the went to other teams and got rings.Its the sense of entitlement and accomplishment culture that has killed this team. All began when Jimmy was let go. Jerry has done it his way and gotten exactly what he deserves.
Great post!

Flamma

Reaction score
With the exception of quarterbacks, I don't think any college player cares who drafts them. I can't imagine Drake Maye being happy about being in that situation in New England. That could be a career ender.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Other than playing in a lot of prime time games, why would any college player or free agent want to sign here other than money?
  1. The Jones boys know nothing about building a roster that can mk noise in the playoffs
  2. The Jones boys have put together a 29-year, no div playoff win draught
  3. No one should expect to win a ring to come to this dysfunctional franchise
So to me, players are excited for the $$ and the exposure to prime time games and the microscope our team is always under. But to a player who wants to win a ring, I don't see Dallas as a valid franchise to expect that.
If you believe all this why are you here? Love the abuse? Still trying to figure out why you think you're a fan of this team.

ArtClink

Reaction score
If you believe all this why are you here? Love the abuse? Still trying to figure out why you think you're a fan of this team.
Because I’ve been a huge fan since birth and just because the fuhrer has run my team in the ground, doesn’t mean I can’t still be a fan. But as long as the fuhrer uses the same failed methods for 30 years expecting different results gives every true fan a license to criticize the failed Jones system. It’s an opinions forum. Sorry if you don’t like my viewpoint, but I’m confident I know more about Cowboys history than you do and that I’ve seen more games than you have unless you started watching earlier than 1972.

Why are you here?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Because I’ve been a huge fan since birth and just because the fuhrer has run my team in the ground, doesn’t mean I can’t still be a fan. But as long as the fuhrer uses the same failed methods for 30 years expecting different results gives every true fan a license to criticize the failed Jones system. It’s an opinions forum. Sorry if you don’t like my viewpoint, but I’m confident I know more about Cowboys history than you do and that I’ve seen more games than you have unless you started watching earlier than 1972.

Why are you here?
I'm here because I'm actually a fan of this team in it's current state. I don't just come here and cry and moan about Jerry. I think every year we have a shot until it's proven we don't. Why watch the games if you just predict (and seem to hope for) their failure? That sounds like the opposite of a fan to me.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why Would Any College Player or Free Agent Want to Play in Dallas?
Which team has the most fans?
Which team sell the most merch?
Which team has the nickname AMERICA'S TEAM for almost 50 years?
Which team always has the highest tv ratings?
Which team is the most high profile team in the league?
I could go on. But I think you get the point.

rambo2

Reaction score
Other than playing in a lot of prime time games, why would any college player or free agent want to sign here other than money?
  1. The Jones boys know nothing about building a roster that can mk noise in the playoffs
So to me, players are excited for the $$ and the exposure to prime time games and the microscope our team is always under. But to a player who wants to win a ring, I don't see Dallas as a valid franchise to expect that.
Lol, just about all players would love to play for the Cowboys.

Jarntt

Reaction score
No disrespect but this is a horrible premise for so many reasons

Chasing6

Reaction score
With the exception of quarterbacks, I don't think any college player cares who drafts them. I can't imagine Drake Maye being happy about being in that situation in New England. That could be a career ender.
Anytime you get drafted as a QB to one of the worst teams in the league, it could be a career ended.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Pretty sad how far you will go to get players to fall for trophies, small bonus and a parade instead of getting paid properly.

Thats why no one wants to play for your team.

These guys dont care about a trophy or parade...show them the money.

Aint no one give a damn about being etched into the fabric of history or legends. Give them the money.

Create an illusion that shames people chasing money...when the creator's main objective is profit. Makes sense.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Big time pay days and basically no accountability for excellence

Why wouldn't every player want to be here is probably the more appropriate question.

I'd love to have a job where I get paid far above what I'm actually worth or how I actually produce

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Well if you want a players coach and a soft entitled atmosphere, this is your place.
With modern, it's just a job players, maybe they all want to play here. Smh

ArtClink

Reaction score
Which team has the most fans?
Which team sell the most merch?
Which team has the nickname AMERICA'S TEAM for almost 50 years?
Which team always has the highest tv ratings?
Which team is the most high profile team in the league?
I could go on. But I think you get the point.
Why would we be Americas Team when it’s been thirty yrs since we actually won anything? America loves a winner and Jimmy and Jimmy alone brought us the dynasty that won 3 championships. But America loves a winner and it ain’t us and it’s ancient history the last time we won.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I'm here because I'm actually a fan of this team in its current state. I don't just come here and cry and moan about Jerry. I think every year we have a shot until it's proven we don't. Why watch the games if you just predict (and seem to hope for) their failure? That sounds like the opposite of a fan to me.
Congratulations, I hope you pour all your hard earned money to give the fuhrer money. He’s counting on “fans” like you to endorse his 30 yr mismanagement project. Have you bought your wife any Gene Jones Jeans yet?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Pretty sad how far you will go to get players to fall for trophies, small bonus and a parade instead of getting paid properly.

Thats why no one wants to play for your team.

These guys dont care about a trophy or parade...show them the money.

Aint no one give a damn about being etched into the fabric of history or legends. Give them the money.

Create an illusion that shames people chasing money...when the creator's main objective is profit. Makes sense.
Truth